AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-02, 15:17   Link #1421
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The chapter is ready to be read online ... ah, the part where Accelerator throws i-beams at Touma had more impact on the anime.

I laughed at the page 29, it was like the "moon" went "What??", the rest of the chapter was okay.
Yeah, I don't recall Accelerator getting knocked unconscious then realizing he was staring at the sky.
Old 2010-11-02, 15:32   Link #1422
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well it migth sound funny , but something similar happened to me when i got struck in the head, and while i was standing up i didnt got the grasp of the situation till blood got into my eye.
Old 2010-11-02, 16:41   Link #1423
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well it migth sound funny , but something similar happened to me when i got struck in the head, and while i was standing up i didnt got the grasp of the situation till blood got into my eye.
Sadly you didn't get your complimentary loli.
Old 2010-11-02, 17:09   Link #1424
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
Sadly you didn't get your complimentary loli.
it wasnt a punch, its a logn story so i will just say i got hit by a bike pedal, and about the loli, lets say i pretty much know why touma dont get with one even though both beign minors...
Old 2010-11-02, 22:13   Link #1425
ReddyRedWolf

No matter how many times I see it, it is very satisfying seeing Touma punch Accelerator.
Old 2010-11-02, 22:54   Link #1426
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

this arc is great, but i really want to end soon, to continue the original story of railgun.
Old 2010-11-03, 05:17   Link #1427
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
'still isn't annoying' - do you not like Touma generally?
section.
I generally despise him to the end of my spine but the Railgun manga's really changing that especially these two previous chapters.
Old 2010-11-03, 14:21   Link #1428
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I generally despise him to the end of my spine but the Railgun manga's really changing that especially these two previous chapters.
Have you ever seen the show to aru majutsu no index or read the index novels?

Cuz i believe if u did you'd never find him annoying.
Old 2010-11-04, 01:08   Link #1429
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

As for my opinion, Touma is a character that i can keep watching, EXCEPT for 2 things - first one are his long, anoying, predictable speeches during every fight, which i always skip in videaoplayer. Seriously, if i had an RPG game and always when i start shooting, the game pauses and my char will start a monologue with the enemy, i will run back to the market to take my money back. The second one, despite my huge Suspension of disbelief, is that he literally got a girl to live in his house, then he adds another girls to his harem and occasionally manages to see them naked and always finishes it with "such misfortune". I never in my life met a guy who would consider himself unlucky for that, either Touma is some sort of damned gay, or i dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
this arc is great, but i really want to end soon, to continue the original story of railgun.
Well you have a point here, i also dont understand what the autor is thinking, no matter how good an arc is, he cant just redraw story that has been already done and call it a day. This is a MONTHLY magazine, not some weekly shounen jump. If he would do this in a weekly magazine and waste one week to recap the entire fight, i would just say, oh ok. But from the looks of it this will have at least 5 parts - chapter 35 - talk with mikoto on bridge, ch 36 - start of fight, ch 37 - fight till part with plasma, ch 38 - finishing fight after convincing clones to help, ch 39 - conclusion after fight + mikoto feeling for touma, shirai investigating the destruction in that area and finding Mikoto's coin.

5 completly wasted moths, that could have been done in 1.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:50.
Old 2010-11-04, 02:36   Link #1430
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
is that he literally got a girl to live in his house, then he adds another girls to his harem and occasionally manages to see them naked and always finishes it with "such misfortune". I never in my life met a guy who would consider himself unlucky for that, either Touma is some sort of damned gay, or i dont know.
People tend to forget that for most part of his life, everything else that happens to him is the definition of bad luck, and sometimes no amount of girls can make that go away. In fact, one might argue that having more girls just adds to the problems that keep piling up
Old 2010-11-04, 08:56   Link #1431
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
As for my opinion, Touma is a character that i can keep watching, EXCEPT for 2 things - first one are his long, anoying, predictable speeches during every fight, which i always skip in videaoplayer. Seriously, if i had an RPG game and always when i start shooting, the game pauses and my char will start a monologue with the enemy, i will run back to the market to take my money back. The second one, despite my huge Suspension of disbelief, is that he literally got a girl to live in his house, then he adds another girls to his harem and occasionally manages to see them naked and always finishes it with "such misfortune". I never in my life met a guy who would consider himself unlucky for that, either Touma is some sort of damned gay, or i dont know.

Well you have a point here, i also dont understand what the autor is thinking, no matter how good an arc is, he cant just redraw story that has been already done and call it a day. This is a MONTHLY magazine, not some weekly shounen jump. If he would do this in a weekly magazine and waste one week to recap the entire fight, i would just say, oh ok. But from the looks of it this will have at least 5 parts - chapter 35 - talk with mikoto on bridge, ch 36 - start of fight, ch 37 - fight till part with plasma, ch 38 - finishing fight after convincing clones to help, ch 39 - conclusion after fight + mikoto feeling for touma, shirai investigating the destruction in that area and finding Mikoto's coin.

5 completly wasted moths, that could have been done in 1.
I'd definitely be complaining if seeing exposed parts leads to physical abuse. Touma only complains after he gets bitten by Index or zapped by Mikoto. When Oriana didn't beat down Touma after being groped, Touma definitely indulged then.

And I welcome Railgun's adaptation of this arc. The artwork places this manga above being just a retelling of the same events, but also a different interpretation from a different point of view. I don't think I ever saw Mikoto's loss of sanity like this in Index.
Old 2010-11-04, 09:28   Link #1432
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Of course Ive seen the show (rewatched it five times )but Ive never read the Index novels so maybe it might be different if I read it but seriously most people who I know watched Index found him really annoying with his preaches and all. Of course in my opinion To aru Kagaku no Railgun (both manga and anime) really are putting effort turning him a lot more likable and its really working for me. Opinions vary though you know .
Old 2010-11-04, 09:57   Link #1433
outerelf

...Touma doesn't preach as much as other people do... I guess because it isn't filled completely with action so that way people can ignore the preaching?

Either way, I actually like his preaching. I find the scientific explenations to get a little long and confusing, but I find Touma's 'preaching' no worse then a lot of main characters.
Old 2010-11-04, 14:21   Link #1434
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Of course Ive seen the show (rewatched it five times )but Ive never read the Index novels so maybe it might be different if I read it but seriously most people who I know watched Index found him really annoying with his preaches and all. Of course in my opinion To aru Kagaku no Railgun (both manga and anime) really are putting effort turning him a lot more likable and its really working for me. Opinions vary though you know .
But how is it different? like the way he helps mikoto is no different in either manga. You are right opinions do vary. Also readin the novels, especially the new one might give change of opinion. I think thats what changed mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
People tend to forget that for most part of his life, everything else that happens to him is the definition of bad luck, and sometimes no amount of girls can make that go away. In fact, one might argue that having more girls just adds to the problems that keep piling up
I think its to the point where the girls strategies become a bit troublesome for a "good" boy like him. He's not that good though as you can tell when,as far as i remember in the Sisters arc where she had him touch her boobs and he's like FUK why cant i feel now!! Also, in V.11 when
Spoiler for novel:
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
...Touma doesn't preach as much as other people do... I guess because it isn't filled completely with action so that way people can ignore the preaching?

Either way, I actually like his preaching. I find the scientific explenations to get a little long and confusing, but I find Touma's 'preaching' no worse then a lot of main characters.
IDK why but i like him more than other characters with his sense of justice. I think its cuz he's interestin and can back his shit up, sorta like the guy from chrome shelled regios.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:52   Link #1435
RPNS

Great chapter, the art just brings out the best of the charecters

Can't wait for the conclusion.

I_am_Kami can you tell me where that profile pic is from.

Also zaeraal do not mock Toumas epic tales of badassery.
Old 2010-11-04, 20:25   Link #1436
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPNS View Post
Great chapter, the art just brings out the best of the charecters

Can't wait for the conclusion.

I_am_Kami can you tell me where that profile pic is from.
Here's a link to the pic.

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...view&id=483778
Old 2010-11-04, 21:37   Link #1437
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Well actually Touma is my favorite male character besides Accelerator and Fianma because he is the only one who can be really described as a nice guy
Old 2010-11-04, 22:14   Link #1438
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Also, in V.11 when
Spoiler for novel:
!

IDK why but i like him more than other characters with his sense of justice. I think its cuz he's interestin and can back his shit up, sorta like the guy from chrome shelled regios.
No, his reaction to Misaka imouto's chest is distinctly different in the manga. His reaction in the novel is the same as what he said in the anime.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:03   Link #1439
RPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Thank you for the link
Old 2010-11-05, 15:39   Link #1440
Inept Forum User

Question

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask this; how likely do you think it is that the Railgun SS will be done in the manga or anime?
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen