AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-31, 02:39   Link #181
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

This is what I don't like about shonen stuff. Hysteria could've obliterated them already, but she has to play with them and only take chunks off at a time. They're just going to regenerate them later.

Heck, Deneve should be dead already. She's missing a chunk of her skull and her brain should've oozed out or whatever already. But the next panel is going to show her barely hanging on and whatnot.
Old 2011-12-31, 02:40   Link #182
Eromal66

And the Twins also evaded her attack she did on Cassandra and though you could say she was aiming for cassandra the nature of the attack goes over a whole area like a bomb so the fact the twins evaded was surprising. What happened? Roxanne as a claymore easily dealt with the twins but now she is I don't know what. Though I am worried about her lack of concern, she isnt worried at all, surprised at certain things but not worried. Either she has nothing to be worried about or she is the calmest character ever ( minus the whole laughing like a maniac at Cassandra). I bet next chapter yagi will show us a half dead struggling Roxanne She better be hiding something awesome no not even something useful to her survival. Congrats Cassandra I can proudly accept you and say your on par with the old AO ( hysteria seems small and does't look like she could damage something huge)
Old 2011-12-31, 04:27   Link #183
Fermat

Hm, just wondering... What if, in keeping with Roxanne's ability to copy others, after being decimated by Cassandra, she exhibits ridiculous regenerative abilities and grows structures from both Cassandra's and Hysteria's awakened forms and exhibit the same deadliness in utilizing those structures? She could copy other claymores as a claymore; what if she could copy other AOs as an AO (albeit physically in this sense this time and not techniques)? Wouldn't that be... superb?
Old 2011-12-31, 04:40   Link #184
MalakTawus

I REALLY doubt that Roxy will be as weak as it seems,i'm ready to bet that she has a lot more to show us,lol
(.....but personally i hope that Cassy will kick her ass anyway )
Old 2011-12-31, 04:44   Link #185
Fermat

^ Agreed. Cassandra has gone through so much because of Roxanne, and despite the personality shift, I hope she mangles the hell out of the bitch.
Old 2011-12-31, 05:16   Link #186
Gooral
Banned

I disagree. It would be good to see a villain winning for once. We all know that Priscilla will either turn good in the end or be defeated by Clare so a small win for bad guys would be a nice change of pace. Not that Cassandra is good at the moment, but she certainly isn't as malevolent as Roxy. Anyway, I'm afraid that somehow Miria, Deneve and co. will defeat Hysteria (otherwise they would already be dead like when Rigaldo killed instantly the ones he wanted to kill) with probably no losses at all and then the action will switch to Roxy vs. Cassy and when it concludes some third party will arrive and save the day.
Old 2011-12-31, 08:05   Link #187
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

I will feel significantly dissapointed if awakened Hysteria doesn't kill at least two or three of their opponents. I don't even really care who dies, even for the recently introduced characters.
Old 2011-12-31, 10:08   Link #188
White Silver King
The Isley

Im not a fan of any of the Ghosts dying, but I dont see why Nike, Dietrich, Anastasia and the twins cant die.
Old 2011-12-31, 10:59   Link #189
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
1-When she awakened Cassy had ALREADY won her fight,and also there is absolutely no reason for Cassy to feel that she couldn't win against Roxy since Roxy was weaker than her and like we have seen Cassy still consider her inferior.
So yes,your theory doesn't make any sense for Cassy.....but it's valid for Roxy maybe.
Cassy remembered about Roxy,Cassy got VERY VERY mad,Cassy awakened.Simple as that.

2-It's obvious that is wrong,lol.Since Histy has perfect control of her movement,if you move where she is going to be (and you move SLOWER than her!!!),she can simply stop or change direction,lol.So yes,what you suggest is a strategy that's 100% useless against Histy (or Claire after she awakened her arm).

3-Ehm,in that image she has launched all the spikes.
BUT,in the page soon after Deneve is hit there is a little image where you can CLEARLY count 8 spikes and under that there is a panel where she uses her "special technique" mid-air.
Following what you said, after that she should have LESS spikes......BUT (surprise surprise!!!) two pages later she has.....still 8 spikes.

-------------------------------------------

Anyway from what we have seen it seems that Histy doesn't need to launch all her spikes to use her technique, probably the more spikes she uses the more "manoeuvrability" she gets.
1- exactly she had to awaken in order to win. As a claymore there is a high chance that she will lose because as we have seen, Roxanne knew her ability and how it functions so she has the upper hand in this battle. So this proofs that my theory actually works for all three of them.

2- true knowing isn't enough but helps to build a trap (I'm not Yagi to think what kind of trap will work but there must be something to work).

3- maybe one is enough to make her move like that and maybe she is using a technique like Anastasia linking herself to the spikes with a thin string but strong enough to help her stop and change direction and the more spikes she has lunched she can get more than "maneuverability" probably can alter between them (which to link) and maybe this is why she had to spread them all over the battlefield so she can move as freely as she wants and be able to reach whatever place or distance she wants.
Old 2011-12-31, 11:07   Link #190
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Im not a fan of any of the Ghosts dying, but I dont see why Nike, Dietrich, Anastasia and the twins cant die.
Thats exactly what i think. I wouldn't want any of the ghosts to die (except maybe Tabitha). I never really liked Dietrich or Nike very much and i wouldn't mind it if they died.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-31, 11:14   Link #191
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Thats exactly what i think. I wouldn't want any of the ghosts to die (except maybe Tabitha). I never really liked Dietrich or Nike very much and i wouldn't mind it if they died.
Yagi has his reasons why maybe they will serve a purpose in the end and after that they will die (like Flora her purpose was for Clare to learn the Windcutter or like Jean to save Clare from awakening I'm sure they will die after that but please not Dietrich and Anastasia I started to like those two).
Old 2011-12-31, 11:49   Link #192
Double_friedman

I'd like Deneve, Anastasia and Nike to die next chapter.
Old 2011-12-31, 11:52   Link #193
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
I'd like Deneve, Anastasia and Nike to die next chapter.
The ghosts wont die not till the very end but Nike she is on the list I suppose.
Old 2011-12-31, 11:57   Link #194
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Nike should have died in this chapter. There really is no reason why she is alive. She has no special talent that helps anyone like Deneve, Anastasia, or Miria. So i don't see a reason why she is alive, unless she will sacrifice herself in another chapter.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-31, 12:39   Link #195
Gooral
Banned

lol
I see many of you want to newly introduced characters to die and old ones live but it would be best IMO if it wasn't like that. For example, in Pieta of all Claymores Yuma survived and she had the lowest number of all Claymores (besides Clare) AFAIR. She had no special ability, she wasn't powerful either, we didn't even know her. But she survived. That felt so real. Often in war the best soldiers died and those really awful in combat survived, that's how (bad) luck works.

Here I would think Hysteria would go after most powerful warriors first as Rigaldo did, although in her case she should be able to wipe all of them out in a matter of seconds. And yet she hasn't done it. What's worse she left Miria and her two healers alone. And as much as I would like Yuma and Cynthia to survive, IMO they should already be dead. Carnage however is very unlikely, Yagi has toned down violence and the number of deaths has dropped rapidly. And since he saved these Claymores from so many deadly situations already I doubt he will stop now.

Anyway, I also hope there will be some deaths next chapter, otherwise I'm going to rant significantly more than in this chapter. For now action looks promising but I bet Yagi won't kill anyone besides those ZAOs.
Old 2011-12-31, 12:50   Link #196
Ulquihorror

It is impossible for hysteria to shoot her spikes and retrieve them at the same force and speed in order to propel herself in a given direction. Unless she retrieves them at a lower force and speed
Old 2011-12-31, 12:55   Link #197
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Yeah Gooral, I agree with that. In such situations each one's abilities should matter at succeeding (or not) at staying alive, but as you say there's always a certain element of randomness and in that sense Yuma's survival in Pieta felt real. And really... Helen or Deneve out please, those two have just survived too many mistakes in a manga which some time ago was much less forgiving; specially when you jump straight into the mouth of death while displaying the intellect of a 14-yeared old fangirl ("wanna see Isley's body? ").

In any case, some 'good' characters need to die because the manga is just getting overcrowded right now. I understand that Yagi needed to build a 'small army' in order to provide the ghosts some cannon fodder for the war against the Org, and also to have a wider amount of characters to pick casualties from. Well, now we're at the middle of the war and considering the strenght of the opponents (in theory, AO material), so I'm expecting those casualties
Old 2011-12-31, 13:06   Link #198
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
It is impossible for hysteria to shoot her spikes and retrieve them at the same force and speed in order to propel herself in a given direction. Unless she retrieves them at a lower force and speed
Maybe she doesn't retrieve them. She simply scatter them to use them as anchors and connected with strings to her in order to stop her or to change directions(check what Malak and I were talking about).
Old 2011-12-31, 13:10   Link #199
White Silver King
The Isley

But Yuma had a purpose. She was to show that a nobody like her could move up in rank and power dramatically and become relevant. While Clare was in a similar situation, it really is completely different because she was never really supposed to be a nobody (had the Org taken the time to train her properly she would have been a much higher rank). And let's be honest, the basis of all of Clare's power (Teresa's flesh) was given to her - she always had it in her to be great she just had to awaken it (literally lol). Even techniques she had to train for were given to her because of Teresa i.e. Flashsword (and Wind Cutter though that was more indirect than the former). Meanwhile, Yuma had to build off of nothing to get where she is. From what I can tell, Nike's only purpose would be a similar situation but we're really don't need another underdog.
Old 2011-12-31, 13:21   Link #200
Ulquihorror

I just found claymore in french and everything is much more sexual than the english version lol.
Closed Thread