AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 08:26   Link #2121
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

What's worst is that it seems he's genuinely in love with her too I think I can understand it if he's a damn psychopath with no feelings of love towards other people..but realizing that he's in love with someone and purposefully kill her with his own hands is rather messed up

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 07:55   Link #2122
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yea yea.... just like I said before... if Sora is going to treat Rika like this, he should just give Rika to Kilik

Spoiler for 354:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 09:52   Link #2123
kenjtr

I actually didnt liked the troll direction air gear gone , it seems in these days trolling to finish series is really a habbit of authors . Also what was the hype for the regalia if ikki wouldnt even use it and like that wasnt enough he gave it to a character i hated most . Ikki also wanted to beat slleping forrest so what was his goal anyway , the way i see it if sora wasnt bad guy ikki would be a pointless character .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 11:37   Link #2124
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I actually didnt liked the troll direction air gear gone , it seems in these days trolling to finish series is really a habbit of authors . Also what was the hype for the regalia if ikki wouldnt even use it and like that wasnt enough he gave it to a character i hated most . Ikki also wanted to beat slleping forrest so what was his goal anyway , the way i see it if sora wasnt bad guy ikki would be a pointless character .
You hate Ringo and you actually like Sora. Although some of your points are valid, that fact alone makes you seem ridiculous.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 11:59   Link #2125
ZeroForever

if there was no villain there would be no point in having a hero applies to pretty much all stories ... it really is a moot argument as such plot based conflicts require a antagonist and protagonist conflict and trying to use it as a argument against a character shows extreme bias.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:23   Link #2126
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
You hate Ringo and you actually like Sora. Although some of your points are valid, that fact alone makes you seem ridiculous.
I dont like sora dont get me wrong i just think his goal has more value from ikkis who wants everything go on the way it is also its not i need to like ringo . Ikki gives his regalia to ringo but he tries to stop sora who is trying to do the same thing so who is the real villain here ?

You guys think sora is the bad guy just because he tried to kill his wife and child but is there any revolutionary that didnt sacrificed anything valuable , most goverments kill and torture revolutionaries childs wifes friens so i dont think rika will be allowed to live anyway just look at one piece and what happened to roger and his wife and children .

So america and ikki are the good guys now ? what did america do for ıraq aside taking their oil and raping its people , just how much ikki values humanity did he een cared abaut anyone but himself ?

You guys are dont know anything abaut how real world works , rika and her child will die anyway since they are family of revolutonaries . In real life goverments wants power to rule and if sora loose people will suffer because america will dominate energy .

Soras way may be brutal but giving energy to everyone is one of the best ideas to free everyone in the world , Sora may be a villain for you since he killed a few people but then what is big countries like chineese , russia , america who kills millions of people .

If someone was giving me the power to control my fate i would take it .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 13:04   Link #2127
ZeroForever

why are you trying to apply real world fringe logic like iraq to a universe where people fly and shoot energy beams out of there roller blades and obama is in a japanese teenagers body.

sora's been a established villain for some time now, his true goal is not noble and neither is his means. Could it benefit people, possibly but the result more then likely will result in full scale genocide which is what ikki is trying to stop.
Old 2012-04-30, 15:08   Link #2128
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's best to just ignore him, because he's off in his own little world that has nothing to do with the Air Gear we all read...

Guess the new chapter answered all the questions and comments about how Ringo can wear the AT's. And it's always nice to see Sora's dammit I didn't think of that even though I'm god face...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:08   Link #2129
Soverence

I stopped taking the story behind all of this seriously quite a while ago, i go into reading air gear now with the mind-set of reading something silly, it certainly has its serious points but even for a manga it has a lot of crazy and random twists that never make much sense to me.

Well they certainly have done well making Sora seem like the bad guy throughout this final arc, I find it somewhat bad in taste to give us the reason to hate the main villain in the final battle, but that is my own opinion.

I just really enjoy the drawing style / art in air gear, some of the designs are crazy but that is what I like about it, the story is average at best, the characters are average at best as well but the art I find to be awesome, especially in this last chapter. The design of the storm regalia and the pages of Ringo using them were just plain out awesome .
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:09   Link #2130
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Even though in this chapter pretty explained well why Ringo should wear the storm regalia and why she can use it, I still can't believe that fact. I'm so hype to see Ikki use the regalia since it was first introduced and it was always interrupted. Looks like I won't be seeing him using the regalia.

So 3 chapters left, eh?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:14   Link #2131
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Even though in this chapter pretty explained well why Ringo should wear the storm regalia and why she can use it, I still can't believe that fact. I'm so hype to see Ikki use the regalia since it was first introduced and it was always interrupted. Looks like I won't be seeing him using the regalia.

So 3 chapters left, eh?
Yeah, it's kinda a letdown since all the hype.
Old 2012-04-30, 19:43   Link #2132
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Many manga that I followed are nearing the end this year Ugh damn, looks like it's time to start searching for new manga..

Quote:
Yeah, it's kinda a letdown since all the hype.
Indeed

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 02:38   Link #2133
grace_forest

great chapter
Ringo is so awesome
Ikki is so gentle
it's rare to see sora's face like that
grace_forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:30   Link #2134
DorkingtonPugsly

Chapter 355 was awesome. Last two to go! I'm super excited yet also sad that in two weeks time one of my favorite manga is ending.
Old 2012-05-14, 16:41   Link #2135
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 356:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 16:47   Link #2136
Awrya
U mad?

Spoiler for 356:
Old 2012-05-15, 07:13   Link #2137
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for 356:
it was never truly about middle school kids rollerblading...not since the moment they got involved with the tower, SF and genesis...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 08:33   Link #2138
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
it was never truly about middle school kids rollerblading...not since the moment they got involved with the tower, SF and genesis...
But it was ...

It was like that PlayStation game where kids were riding on rollerblades and fighting over turf and stuff like that.
AG was like that, then OG went his overdrive mode and introduced stupid powers and stupid physics.
Old 2012-05-15, 12:21   Link #2139
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
But it was ...

It was like that PlayStation game where kids were riding on rollerblades and fighting over turf and stuff like that.
AG was like that, then OG went his overdrive mode and introduced stupid powers and stupid physics.
Jet Set Radio?(great game btw)

IMO this was when the manga was at it's best, after it went all super power nonsense it went to pot for me, I may try picking it up again when it finally ends but it's not gonna be easy to muster the motivation for it.
Old 2012-05-15, 15:06   Link #2140
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Jet Set Radio?(great game btw)

IMO this was when the manga was at it's best, after it went all super power nonsense it went to pot for me, I may try picking it up again when it finally ends but it's not gonna be easy to muster the motivation for it.
Personally, I feel the opposite, if it had stayed the way it was I might have gotten bored with it.

In any case, I'm always amused when people say stuff like this. I figured that the manga would end up like this back when Ikki fought Buccha, so it was never a surprise to me.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen, tournament