AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-03-13, 00:10   Link #1101
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The albums should be praised not only for its quality, but also the variety it has. Some of the songs could easily pass as the song for war drama show, like "1/48", "Aila", "Gundam Legend", "Mortal Combat", and then the strong upbeat of passion from Flamenco. It's also hit me that "outlander" is basically "foreign prince: acoustic version", and I thought it belongs to a JRPG for a moment .
Old 2014-03-13, 14:43   Link #1102
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This soundtrack really is something special. Just so many really good tracks in there. Most OST's I just find a couple songs I really like, but this one has a ton. From cute little pieces, to touching, to outright awesome.

Allied Force: The awesome buildup feeling certainly was nice. Just putting together all those great songs into one epic piece .

Aila: Aila's song really was a touching piece. Certainly reflects the painful position she was put into and how much she'd gone through.

Gundam Build Fighters: Just a very solid and classic feeling action track. Definitely a good song to carry the name of the series.

Crimson Comet ~ Three Times the Passion: Honestly I liked this even more than the Meijin one. Just sounded even more awesome to me. Moegare Gunpla!
Old 2014-03-13, 15:34   Link #1103
Galaxian

What's the song that play's after Felini's flashback?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 16:27   Link #1104
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
What's the song that play's after Felini's flashback?
Allied Force.

REALLY loving the Gundam Build Fighters main theme. Has a very upbeat and "turn-it-around" feel to it. Makes it a really good studying music to get me pumped.

But of course, I'd always dance to the passionate flamenco.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 00:46   Link #1105
Westlo
Lets be reality

Imagine if all the dope stuff was put onto a single cd the amount of piffness would be amazing. This is easily the OST of 2013.... and so far 2014 as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 16:45   Link #1106
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

To finally hear everything from the show in full, literally constantly eargasming here... Speed-star is probably my favorite due to biased love of violins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The albums should be praised not only for its quality, but also the variety it has. Some of the songs could easily pass as the song for war drama show, like "1/48", "Aila", "Gundam Legend", "Mortal Combat", and then the strong upbeat of passion from Flamenco. It's also hit me that "outlander" is basically "foreign prince: acoustic version", and I thought it belongs to a JRPG for a moment .
Couldn't agree more, nice to see Hayashi putting out such high quality work with tons of variety. Definitely looking forward to him getting more work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Imagine if all the dope stuff was put onto a single cd the amount of piffness would be amazing. This is easily the OST of 2013.... and so far 2014 as well.
It'll definitely be hard for another OST to measure up to this...
Old 2014-03-15, 19:33   Link #1107
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I've realised why I like Allied Force.

Listen to it carefully, and you realise it blends elements from everyone's theme.

There are no villains here - only opponents, rivals and friends.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 21:24   Link #1108
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I've realised why I like Allied Force.

Listen to it carefully, and you realise it blends elements from everyone's theme.

There are no villains here - only opponents, rivals and friends.
I've been hearing about Allied Force being a mix of everyone's theme, but outside of Fellini's portion, I can't identify the others. Anyone want to give me an approximate time-stamp or sequence to every character's theme?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 00:37   Link #1109
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm so freaking glad they added the TV-size versions of the OPs and EDs.

I HATE full songs because they extend the song with crap while TV-sizes uses the best part of the song.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 08:22   Link #1110
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm so freaking glad they added the TV-size versions of the OPs and EDs.

I HATE full songs because they extend the song with crap while TV-sizes uses the best part of the song.
Songs are made in a certain structure, so no full songs are not extending stuff with crap.

Intro
Verse

Chorus
Verse
Chorus
Bridge
Chorus
End

99% of anime tv size songs just copy and paste the intro (usually shortened though) first verse and a chorus (usually the one used @ the end). The only difference between a tv size and full song is you don't hear the chorus 3 times, you miss out on a second (and sometimes 3rd verse) as well as the bridge part.

Unless you hate the bridge it's like listening to the tv size song two times in a row most of the time, I fail to see how that is such a big deal, especially when the bridge section can add a lot to the song
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 10:00   Link #1111
kuroihikari2

In fairness the TV version of wimp mixes lines from the second refrain into the first refrain, it doesn't have the same impact.

Though I would have to say I still like the full version more.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 19:11   Link #1112
Death Usagi
Banned

The remixed version of GBF-OpenTheFutureMix in Episode 25 was epic when Crossbone Maoh showed up but too bad an mp3 version doesn't exist.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 02:08   Link #1113
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Are you sure? Sounds like the normal GBF-OpenTheFutureMix- to me.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-04-01, 08:42   Link #1114
Zeydra
A random passerby

I don't know if this is old news as I'm really out of the loop but I found there's going to be a fourth gundam unicorn original soundtrack while browsing cdjapan the other day. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SMCL-30001

It's going to be blu spec 2 too which I'm excited to see, and two discs, one for the new tracks and one which is apparently going to be a selection soundtrack. I can't wait to hear what's coming for the final episode's music.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 11:24   Link #1115
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Are you sure? Sounds like the normal GBF-OpenTheFutureMix- to me.
Majority did, but the start on 07:18 of episode 25 was something that seems to be another remix part added in.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 11:34   Link #1116
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

They kinda remix it to fit with anime action.

But is roughly same

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 20:25   Link #1117
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Majority did, but the start on 07:18 of episode 25 was something that seems to be another remix part added in.
I've listened to it. Apart from the removal of the rap track, I can't really feel/hear much of a difference. The beat, rhythm, melody, arrangement - all sound the same.

It's like how the Allied Force we hear in Ep 15 is slightly different because the one woman wail is muted out, compared to the full version in Episode 19 and 25.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-04-02, 10:10   Link #1118
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I don't know if this is old news as I'm really out of the loop but I found there's going to be a fourth gundam unicorn original soundtrack while browsing cdjapan the other day. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SMCL-30001

It's going to be blu spec 2 too which I'm excited to see, and two discs, one for the new tracks and one which is apparently going to be a selection soundtrack. I can't wait to hear what's coming for the final episode's music.
All I can say is…that is going to be epic My ears are ready!
Old 2014-04-29, 08:39   Link #1119
itisjustme

I'm playing g generation overworld right now and I can't find a good battle track from Unicorn for Audrey or Ple twelve. Most rhythmic tracks are a smorgasbord of instruments but not very melodic, the only one that's ok so far is Mad-Nug. Anyone has an idea? I don't want to put a GSD track for a Unicorn character or something. :/
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 03:08   Link #1120
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I'm playing g generation overworld right now and I can't find a good battle track from Unicorn for Audrey or Ple twelve. Most rhythmic tracks are a smorgasbord of instruments but not very melodic, the only one that's ok so far is Mad-Nug. Anyone has an idea? I don't want to put a GSD track for a Unicorn character or something. :/
Put AUDREY for Audrey, and Madnug for Puru Twelve.