4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.59%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-09, 07:09   Link #21
HanG-BuiK-ZwijN
Saizen's laziest Member

hmmm i watched the first ep yesterday and the first thing that i noticed was that this version of the intro SUCKS big time imo, if you know "the white label" version you'd know what i'm trying to say.

actually,
i was not impressed with the first ep, not much happens etc . ....yada.... yada

well i'll give it some other try for 5 eps since it's licensed anyway since i'm just "previewing" to see if it's worth to buy.

well,
let's hope is not as dissapointing as blood+ is imo :/

(p.s. if blood+ is dissapointed "IYO" then i would recommend Jigoku Shoujo)
Old 2006-01-10, 03:08   Link #22
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
After watching through the first episode, is it just me or does Archer have Sting Oakley's voice from Gundam Seed Destiny?
Old 2006-01-10, 03:12   Link #23
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside
After watching through the first episode, is it just me or does Archer have Sting Oakley's voice from Gundam Seed Destiny?
Took you this long to notice?

Archer's voiced by Junichi Suwabe, the same man who did Greed in FMA and Sting in GSD.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 04:36   Link #24
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
Well lots of people havn't played the game, so when people keep! on taking about the plot and such in the anime fourm it can be annoying and very Confusing though wouldn't have a clue weather it happens alot on this thread ^^;; but hopefull it does get to the extent when people keep on spoiling the story ahead of the anime. (without the tags)
I agree with evil-samurai on such matter.
I'm another of the ones who started to watch the show without knowing anything of the game , or of the previously related notices.
And I'm happy in this way, this brings the freshness and originality at every new episodes.

As for the first episode, I enjoyed it overall! Although the plot is still foggy (I mean, in my missing knowledge of future events, I could predict but actually I haven't a clue on where the story is gonna be), I liked the aura and the premises.

As for seiyuus , I actually recognized just one of them .. Fujimura-sensei dubbed by Miki Itou (fresh memory of her as Shigure Asa in Shuffle). Anyway, watching the dubbers' list, I've seen a lot of stars in the cast like Kadowaki Mai and Kawasumi Ayako.

It's the first series I've picked up from episode 1 on 2006, and seems like it was a good choice, I'm looking forward to what'll be going on!

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-01-10 at 05:37.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 21:09   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I must say i'm happy with everything, the music was brilliant - so far the characters all seem pretty amazing, and there's more to come too.

& Sakura's just to god damn cute! >.<
Old 2006-01-11, 07:04   Link #26
Zappster

Well just seen the first episode for myself and it was fairly enjoyable. I've got no experience with the game really and only really decided to watch it after seeing the curtain raiser that was subbed a while ago, which seemed pretty interesting, and reading the hype around here and a few other places.

So far it seems to be pretty good. I like the OP, not quite so sure about the ED. I'm interested in finding out more about Emiya's ability and more of the story really as there wasn't a lot that was introduced in the first episode. I wouldn't exactly say I'm hooked but then as I've said already and has been said before the first episode was quite slow with very little happening. As first episodes go I would say it was slightly above average, but well it's done enough to get me to check out the next episode(which isn't hard as I like to give most animes 5-10 episodes before I even think about dropping them).

I liked some of the character designs. That guy who was with the girl with the black hair(sorry not very good with names at the start of a series) reminded me of Dante from the Devil May Cry games, Archer was it? Already becoming a favourite character if only just for the "looks".

The more entertaining aspects of the first episode were Fujimura-sensei's(hope I got the name right) antics. The first thing that came to mind when I saw her running towards the classroom was Yukari-sensei's appearance in the first episode of Azumanga Daioh. In fact the facial expressions as she was running to the classroom were very reminiscent of that similar scene from Azumanga Daioh.

I suppose the comedy scenes as well as the interest in finding out what exactly is going on is what is keeping me interested at the moment. I expect that to change though as I find out more and become more accustomed to the characters and the setting.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 14:08   Link #27
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I´ve seen the first episode and this one feels very interesting. I haven´t played the game and unlike Shuffle I think I´m going to stay away from game spoilers this time...

The OP was grand, really good.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 21:18   Link #28
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
Although I hear that Fate/hollow ataraxia is basically just a fandisk as I understand it, well I was wondering is there anyway that some story will also come from there and include some in the anime? or its it even possiable? I'm sure the just the Fate/Stay Night game would be more then enough, since I hear It fairly big but would they be able to mabye even put and mix some things from there.
Hollow Ataraxia's Copenhagen appeared in Episode 1 of Fate.
Old 2006-01-11, 22:04   Link #29
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Hollow Ataraxia's Copenhagen appeared in Episode 1 of Fate.
Was her name Copenhagen? That storekeeper? In any case, I knew I was right. They're screwing with our heads...
velocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 22:13   Link #30
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
Was her name Copenhagen? That storekeeper? In any case, I knew I was right. They're screwing with our heads...
Erm...That store's name is Copenhagen. I forgot that woman's name.

Either way, I expect some Ataraxia bits/cameos/teasers to be in it, like

Spoiler for very minor spoiler for F/HA:

Spoiler for major FHA spoiler:
Old 2006-01-11, 23:51   Link #31
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Erm...That store's name is Copenhagen. I forgot that woman's name.
Hotaruzuka Neko (蛍塚ネコ). Her real name is Otoko (音子), but that can be also be a synonym with "man," so she uses Neko.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-01-12 at 09:25.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 00:57   Link #32
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Hotaruzaka Neko. Her real name is Otoko, but that can be also be a synonym with "man," so she uses Neko.
xHotaruzaka Neko
oHotaruduka Neko

I'm the only one who gets to correct kj when it comes to these things. ヽ(;゜▽゜)ノ

Same for the fact that "Fate/stay night" is spelled with a lower case "s" and "n".
Same for "Fate/hollow ataraxia".

If they're going to have anything from hollow ataraxia, without spoiling anything, I'll only say this: Lancer + hot dog.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 12:46   Link #33
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the first episode of Fate/stay night. Air date: Fri 6th Jan 2006 (late Friday night / early Saturday morning)

Please remember this thread is for the anime watcher only. If you want to discuss aspects of the game, then please use the Fate/Stay Night Game Discussion thread

Since the series is licensed the following posts are not allowed!
  • Asking where you can find F/sn downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing F/sn fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading F/sn.
  • Asking for playback help for F/sn episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You are allowed to discuss the anime but please remember to limit the discussion to the anime story only. In addition, please remain on-topic and do not post any spoilers.

Any spoilers from the game will be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers). Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers.

Please note that initial discussion for episode 1 has already occured in the original Fate/stay night thread.

Last edited by xris; 2006-01-17 at 15:41.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 20:09   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Never *heard* of the game til Fred Gallagher mentioned over at Megatokyo.... was going to avoid the series (wheee, another fighting show....) til I started seeing some stills and art and then someone I tend to trust recommended it.
So far I've only seen the first ep.... whoa.... rock solid animation. As long as its not "all about the battles", I may be in for the duration.
Old 2006-01-23, 20:16   Link #35
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Quote:
Took you this long to notice?

Archer's voiced by Junichi Suwabe, the same man who did Greed in FMA and Sting in GSD.
fwaaaat??? -_-...that just totally ruined my image for the hawt archer...-_-''''''''

FOR 10 SECONDS!! archer's hawtness is pure 100% for meh :P excuse my fangirl-ism i like episode 1, thought abit confused when i watched it, since i havent played the game before.
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 17:44   Link #36
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Even though there was no Saber yet (except in the battle at the very beginning), I really enjoyed the first episode!
I hope Saber appears soon.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 19:48   Link #37
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Never *heard* of the game til Fred Gallagher mentioned over at Megatokyo.... was going to avoid the series (wheee, another fighting show....) til I started seeing some stills and art and then someone I tend to trust recommended it.
So far I've only seen the first ep.... whoa.... rock solid animation. As long as its not "all about the battles", I may be in for the duration.

Signs look hopeful so far. I found the first episode to be much as you described it, Vexx, rock solid animation with some rather fun stuff happening. I'd however been anticipating Fate/stay night for a while now - one of the side affects of hanging around bishoujo-game > anime conversion forums is that you get exposed to a lot of additional games etc. than are technically involved in the current series. I blame the AIR forum, in my case

-Andiyar
Old 2006-03-19, 09:24   Link #38
saber2

hmmm..the ep 1 is cool and nice i got happy to watch
saber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 13:29   Link #39
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
OK, does everyone know about the cavalry? ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
But I wonder how the reaction from people who haven't played the game will be. That's something of an interest I would like to hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I saw episode 01 in Chinese sub. I just power read through this whole thread, and I feel like I'm a newblood walking into a den of veterans. Reluctance nips at my words. Much like my experience with Tsukihime over 2 years ago, I never played the games beforehand. So I have no intrinsic knowledge about Fate/Stay Night other than what very little information I can glean from fanarts I find in my scours for images. So what's keeping me interested is the mystery of the whole story itself, different from some others who's main reason for watching is to see the interactions/characters in animated glory.
It's funny. I just watched ep.1
Spoiler for don't blame me:

and I feel exactly like Muir. The thing is I never played the game either, and I really don't know what to expect for the rest of the story. I just wanted to add I've been impressed by the technical aspect of it, much better than higurashi, another eroge adaptation. I gave it "only" 7, though, as I don't find it original enough to keep me interested. The character of Fujinee, for instance, has been seen too many times before... hasn't it?

Anyways, I'll watch the rest, at least a couple of episodes. I know I'm late, and yeah, I'm sort of proud about it. Actually I sometimes enjoy watching stuff I know sh... about, many months (or years. lol) after everyone.

raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 15:14   Link #40
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ ooh you should continue watching it...its a beautiful story...with a masterpiece ending

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote