AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-04-23, 01:22   Link #1161
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
This is crazy I tell you, CRAZY!!!!

(We were on the second page? GASP!)
When I didn't see the thread on the first page a couple of hours ago, my first reaction was... Oh shi- the new sub-forum section for Soul Eater must be up already!
Old 2008-04-23, 02:05   Link #1162
Molenir

Have to admit I really enjoyed the 3rd episode. Didn't care much for the second because of the guy. Too big of an idiot, can't stand characters like that. But Death the Kid and the girls, particularly Patty. She was just so cool!

Definitely looking forward to episode 4.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 02:07   Link #1163
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Sure, Black Star is annoying at first hand, but I think that'd make for a good hero archetype in a truly deadly fight. Kinda like with Naruto. Totally annoying, but somewhat endearing when put in a really serious situation.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 02:51   Link #1164
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
the fun is going to start next week.
i totally agree with Westlo, as long as the budget is up to have mindblowing quality choregraphie for the fight i ll be more than happy.
after a bit of time i m starting to get used to maka's voice, i really hope she ll improve through the serie but i m not cringing like i used to at first.
reguarding the VA doing Kid, wich other character has he voiced? it s early in the morming and coffee hasnt started to wake my braincells yet.
i hope that once the real plot will start the show will gets it s own boards.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 03:03   Link #1165
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
reguarding the VA doing Kid, wich other character has he voiced? it s early in the morming and coffee hasnt started to wake my braincells yet.
He's best known for Light Yagami from "Death Note", he's also done Tamaki from "Ouran High School Host Club" which has the same director as Soul Eater does. Another big role from him was Setsuna F. Seiei from "Gundam 00", his first big role was Kiba from "Wolf's Rain" though.

Here's his ANN link, 5 roles in Bones shows.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10397
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 03:08   Link #1166
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
ok i was getting some anti-hero vibe from the VA a la lelouch or light but couldnt point the finger on it, no wonder it was sounding familliar. on the other hand i m surprise he did setsuna from G00, it just didnt sound the same at all, but well concidering the one voicing shinigami-sama seems to have been the one to voice takamura in hajime no ippo i shouldnt be surprised.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 03:10   Link #1167
Westlo
Lets be reality

Setsuna isn't one of my fav performances by him from what I've seen, more a character thing than the voice actor though. Hopefully that changes for season 2.. I was actually surprised when I checked his ANN link that he hasn't done that much.
Old 2008-04-23, 06:41   Link #1168
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Setsuna isn't one of my fav performances by him from what I've seen, more a character thing than the voice actor though. Hopefully that changes for season 2.. I was actually surprised when I checked his ANN link that he hasn't done that much.
When it comes to Miyano's past works --- it's not about quanity, it's about quality. He has voiced main characters in some of the most popular shows over the past few years.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-04-23 at 07:01.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 09:24   Link #1169
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I thought his work as Setsuna was really good and I thought Death the Kid sounded 100% like him.
Old 2008-04-23, 09:33   Link #1170
Molenir

Quote:
i totally agree with Westlo, as long as the budget is up to have mindblowing quality choregraphie for the fight i ll be more than happy.
after a bit of time i m starting to get used to maka's voice, i really hope she ll improve through the serie but i m not cringing like i used to at first.
I've heard other people mention this too, but honestly I don't know what you're talking about. I love her voice, its perfect for her character.

Regarding Black Star, I'd rather they just killed him off, and brought in a different, decent character, but since he is part of the story, thats obviously not going to happen. What can I say, I just hate characters like him. Is like the Shinigami guy in episode 1, always beating up Makas dad. If Black Star got similarly smacked upside the head every time he goes onscreen, it couldn't help but improve him. Might actually make him a decent character for comedic relief if nothing else.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 09:34   Link #1171
Westlo
Lets be reality

For Setsuna it's not the voice that is the problem, Setsuna sounds a lot like Light "JUST AS PLANNED" Yagami anyway. It was that his character from the episodes I've seen was boring, not Miyamo's fault but the characters. It's like blaming Hoshi for Kira Yamato being so stale when he's shown he can do some really good stuff when the character allows him to. Miyamo's Death The Kidd has already had more range than Setsuna in just one episode. Though to be fair to Setsuna, Death The Kidd is all over the place and only Tamaki really compares.
Old 2008-04-23, 09:43   Link #1172
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
For Setsuna it's not the voice that is the problem, Setsuna sounds a lot like Light "JUST AS PLANNED" Yagami anyway.
To me, that's a good thing. It's just a different type of character with less of a range with a few highs. I take what I can get. I still think he's one of the best new seiyuu talents and the kind of range, whether frantic or low key like Setsuna, is proving that.

I just hope he doesn't get overused like Takehito Koyasu though, as great as his voice is too.
Old 2008-04-23, 09:51   Link #1173
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I just hope he doesn't get overused like Takehito Koyasu though, as great as his voice is too.
The fact that Koyasu gets over used is what makes him the best voice ever. He's been at that point in his career for years now where you can just look at his past works and say "oh that Koyasu character".

But yeh enough Koyasu fanboying. I'll always remember how meh i felt about the choice of Miyano for Setsuna, though he did a good job so i'm happy. Though i still think doe his Death job, he's just using the role of Tamaki from Ouran again.

Oh and he was the perfect choice for Light. No one could have done that role better.
Old 2008-04-23, 10:59   Link #1174
Swiffy
Droppin' sleeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Might I use this?

Always liked Kidd, and I still enjoyed the raw of 3 even though I didn't really *know* what they were saying. Good thing it followed the original well.
Swiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 11:41   Link #1175
Dove

I will wait for the subb, although; I am getting a bit impatient. As for BS, I love him. He's hilarious and a perfect paraody of Naruto.

Tsubaki, I am dying, my breath is zero, ok?
Tsubaki: Ok.
Me: ROFL

Last edited by Dove; 2008-04-23 at 12:05.
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 12:53   Link #1176
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
I will wait for the subb, although; I am getting a bit impatient. As for BS, I love him. He's hilarious and a perfect paraody of Naruto.

Tsubaki, I am dying, my breath is zero, ok?
Tsubaki: Ok.
Me: ROFL
I loved this part too...

Tsubaki is cool.
Old 2008-04-23, 17:36   Link #1177
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
Episode 2 gifs batch
I'd like to use this.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 17:45   Link #1178
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The moment when the little witch hit Black Star with a sword was pure gold too xD I am totally in love with Tsubaki <3

edit: Still having a WTF?! moment whenever I see the naked witch/cat jump on the table in the OP -.-

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2008-04-23 at 18:16.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 18:41   Link #1179
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... that was probably the funniest instant of all 3 episodes for me when the little witch took matters into her own hands.... in a close second is the conversation Tsubaki and Black Star had after his first attempt at peeping.

As much as Black Star annoys me - he's definitely got involved in the funniest moments of the series so far for me.
Old 2008-04-23, 21:03   Link #1180
Dove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The moment when the little witch hit Black Star with a sword was pure gold too xD I am totally in love with Tsubaki <3

edit: Still having a WTF?! moment whenever I see the naked witch/cat jump on the table in the OP -.-
So do I, but I think It's hilarious so it works.
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater