AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 22:57   Link #41
Johnny
Working the bags...

Ah nice getting some maid service from Hazuki...

Looks like no mind blowing plot wise again, but it's simplicity was ok for me...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 02:13   Link #42
cyberdemon

0.0 1:08 am i seeing things right or should i change my glasses prescription?

otherwise it looks like it could be good.

I started rewatching the 1st season today because of the trailer and i noticed something. The opening of the first season has pictures that were in the trailer for the second season like the onsen and the train. anyone else notice that?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 16:25   Link #43
Midonin
Last Engage

Airdate confirmed, it seems. Mondays, YTV, 26:14. Haruka shall inherit GA's slot.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 00:49   Link #44
velvet nightmare

first season was cookie cutter and something to watch, i just hope they dont butcher the second season by forcing some random plot onto us
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 21:17   Link #45
attobyte

Looking at the novel covers (back at the first post) it seems that the first season covered up to volume 4. (is this right ?)
Also in vol. 9 (based by the cover) apparently Haruka will (at least try to) become an idol (maybe a hindrance in her relationship with Yuuto).
This new season may give us some insight in the hardships involved in keeping them as a couple (vols 5 to 8 with 9 being the hardest one).
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 10:52   Link #46
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A couple scans:

Spoiler for slightly nsfw:
Old 2009-09-02, 04:44   Link #47
JeromeREC

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
Looking at the novel covers (back at the first post) it seems that the first season covered up to volume 4. (is this right ?)
Also in vol. 9 (based by the cover) apparently Haruka will (at least try to) become an idol (maybe a hindrance in her relationship with Yuuto).
This new season may give us some insight in the hardships involved in keeping them as a couple (vols 5 to 8 with 9 being the hardest one).
Huh? There are now a couple? At the ending of 1st season anime, I'd always thought that their relationship are of best friends, rather than a couple. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Spoiler for slightly nsfw:
Who's the white-haired one?
JeromeREC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 05:37   Link #48
Washi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeREC View Post
Huh? There are now a couple? At the ending of 1st season anime, I'd always thought that their relationship are of best friends, rather than a couple. . .
H...How?
Old 2009-09-02, 13:38   Link #49
cyberdemon

Quote:
Who's the white-haired one?
i believe it is Toka Tennoji also known as the blizzard princess. She made a small appearance in the first season during the pageant.
Old 2009-09-02, 17:30   Link #50
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
I would say Yuuto and Haruka are as close to boyfriend/girlfriend without actually being boyfriend/girlfriend as you can get. Still, I would say there's enough there to qualify them as a couple.

Can't wait for the new season.
Old 2009-09-04, 11:52   Link #51
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
I would say Yuuto and Haruka are as close to boyfriend/girlfriend without actually being boyfriend/girlfriend as you can get. Still, I would say there's enough there to qualify them as a couple.
Well, the scene right at the end of the first season (that was "cleverly" obstructed by the eels in the giant fish tank) certainly doesn't seem like something Haruka or Yuuto would do if they didn't see themselves in "that" kind of a relationship. I would definitely say that they're a couple, even if -- true to the theme of the series -- they have to officially keep that a secret (not that others can't tell!).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 14:33   Link #52
Midonin
Last Engage

From my research, I can tell that a different show-within-a-show will come to the forefront this season. The show appears to be "Nocturne Girls' School Lacrosse Club". Much like Aki-chan, this possibly-existent show will have theme songs made for it...as the B-Side of the singles for the show it's within a show of.
Old 2009-10-02, 14:01   Link #53
Midonin
Last Engage

Haruka and friends brought to you in simulcastovision.
Old 2009-10-02, 14:50   Link #54
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
ANN's article on CR adding Haruka: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...a-no-himitsu-2

Even more chances to watch Haruka.
Old 2009-10-03, 02:22   Link #55
billborden

Question Huh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
ANN's article on CR adding Haruka: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...a-no-himitsu-2

Even more chances to watch Haruka.
Slightly off topic, but...I'm confused.

Fansubs are bad; you shouldn't be watching/downloading them. Oh, BTW, here's Season Two of a series to watch on CR. No, we haven't released the first season so you can see it legitimately. Why on Earth would anyone want to watch season one before season two?

Am I the only one who sees a flaw in this train[wreck] of thought?
Old 2009-10-03, 07:44   Link #56
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
Why on Earth would anyone want to watch season one before season two?
isn't that how it usually goes?
Old 2009-10-03, 19:14   Link #57
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
isn't that how it usually goes?
Well, it makes about as much sense as deciding that it would be a good idea to compress 70 billion (give or take) volumes of Dragon Ball into an hour and a half movie; so who am I to argue.
Old 2009-10-03, 23:29   Link #58
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Slightly off topic, but...I'm confused.

Fansubs are bad; you shouldn't be watching/downloading them. Oh, BTW, here's Season Two of a series to watch on CR. No, we haven't released the first season so you can see it legitimately. Why on Earth would anyone want to watch season one before season two?

Am I the only one who sees a flaw in this train[wreck] of thought?
In other cases where this has happened, they have typically gone back and put up the first season as well (I expect to see it appear over the next little while), but they still focus on simulcasting what's new to maintain the immediacy. It's not as if they're not aware of the reality for most people up to this point in time; heck, until recently, their own site was a place where people could watch streams of fansubs! So they know that much of their audience will have watched fansubs before, but they're still trying to present themselves as a legal alternative going forward. Whether it will work out or not remains to be seen, of course, but they have to start somewhere.

In other words, they know that you've already seen the first season on fansub anyway because they didn't have their service back then, so what matters is what you do from now on. It's only flawed if you insist things need to be totally black-and-white, and I think they're smarter than that. Their target audience is fansub viewers.
Old 2009-10-04, 00:49   Link #59
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In other cases where this has happened, they have typically gone back and put up the first season as well (I expect to see it appear over the next little while), but they still focus on simulcasting what's new to maintain the immediacy. It's not as if they're not aware of the reality for most people up to this point in time; heck, until recently, their own site was a place where people could watch streams of fansubs! So they know that much of their audience will have watched fansubs before, but they're still trying to present themselves as a legal alternative going forward. Whether it will work out or not remains to be seen, of course, but they have to start somewhere.

In other words, they know that you've already seen the first season on fansub anyway because they didn't have their service back then, so what matters is what you do from now on. It's only flawed if you insist things need to be totally black-and-white, and I think they're smarter than that. Their target audience is fansub viewers.
Regardless of how you want to spin it, this is a move that indicates less than clear thinking on their part, to be generous. I'll note that Hayate season one is still not available streaming and only in part on DVD. If they are trying to ween people off of fansubs, I believe that their claim is to provide a viable alternative, this is not really helping.

I will of course apologize if Nogizaka season 1 shows up before, or even during the first half of, the season 2 release. My frustration comes from when something like this fails, and the studies cry and wail, blaming the fansub community while refusing to acknowledge their own mis-steps in execution.

Last edited by billborden; 2009-10-04 at 00:53. Reason: spelling
billborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 12:57   Link #60
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Regardless of how you want to spin it, this is a move that indicates less than clear thinking on their part, to be generous. I'll note that Hayate season one is still not available streaming and only in part on DVD. If they are trying to ween people off of fansubs, I believe that their claim is to provide a viable alternative, this is not really helping.

I will of course apologize if Nogizaka season 1 shows up before, or even during the first half of, the season 2 release. My frustration comes from when something like this fails, and the studies cry and wail, blaming the fansub community while refusing to acknowledge their own mis-steps in execution.
Your complaint is really immaterial to the issue at hand. Anybody who has already seen the first season doesn't need for them to post it before benefiting from the streams of the second. That counts for most of us here. If someone new actually says "oh, I can't watch the first season there, so I'll just stick with my fansubs for the second season too", then I don't think they were really giving it that much of a chance to begin with, nor were they taking advantage of the benefits of the "simulcast" anyway. So the benefits either are or are not worth it for you, whether or not they post the first season. They're not the only game in town, and we all know it. If it fails, it's because people didn't want to buy what they were selling, plain and simple.

Anyway, we can set this aside; the first episode will air in about 1 day.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen