AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 68 36.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 32.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 20.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.62%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-15, 22:00   Link #41
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3chan
I found the number of episodes in the website is divisible by 14 (which is the number of anime's episode). It's 15498 / 14 = 1107. I wonder if it's actually the total number of "Parallel Universes" created by Haruhi XD. In our universe there are only 14 episodes, but there are still 1106 universes out there that have their own MoSH with different story, maybe?
mp3chan your better of sticking to your mp3.....
Old 2006-05-16, 02:16   Link #42
Cal-Reflector

A pretty exciting and lively episode all around.

Kyon's seiyuu puts on a fine performance: the subtle tone shifts in his internal monologue, particularly when addressing Mikuru in love-love mode, is a delight to hear.

Strangely enough, what I found to be the funniest (or rather, it just stood out most in my memory) was the little noise and look of alarm that Mikuru makes when Haruhi announces after some calculation, "... and then after we'll just go back to the front gate to distribute flyers again and we'll be all set!" *Chuckle* The poor girl is surely, as Kyon aptly put it, emotionally traumatized.

Izumi +10 Points for putting on a cool show, Yuki gets +7.5 for a foreshadowing commentary from Kyon at the end of the episode. Speaking of Yuki, might someone explain the precise nuance of Kyon's revelation about Yuki being the behind-the-scene instigator of this whole event?

I don't understand why the original author/producers, at the very outset, has made Kyon so obviously inclined towards Mikuru; without fail, there's some Mikuru-Kyon going on in every episode.
Old 2006-05-16, 02:32   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its because Mikuru can't *help* but be cute and moe and .... she's drawn that way.
Appreciating Yuki and Haruhi take.... more work and time. I assume we'll more in those directions as the series progresses but damn we're running out of episodes.... surely they've already got a second season in mind.
Old 2006-05-16, 13:28   Link #44
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

The sub is out! Go fetch!

And there is another group subbing this as well.
Old 2006-05-16, 14:20   Link #45
tritoch

FMP references! haahahah
Old 2006-05-16, 15:08   Link #46
Cal-Reflector

Two questions:

There were... three FMP references in this episode? Two enunciations by Itsumi, namely, Fumoffu and Second Raid, plus the poster in the Comp-Club president's bedroom... but what is that? The poster?

Out of the top of my head, since someone identified it as some reference, is the poster of the "Suppan Girls" that Sosuke lists as one of his favorite music groups as part of his civilian cover?

Question 2: Next episode preview, is that Haruhi or Mikuru that Kyon appears to be reaching for in the bed room?
Old 2006-05-16, 15:24   Link #47
M.D. Geist

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
Does anyone have a vectorized, Illustrator version of that logo?
Yep, one of my first tries ever...

http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/7...vektor23bv.png

Seeing the source on the left, its not _that_ perfect ... However since Haruhis real emblem looks different im considering redoing it
Old 2006-05-16, 15:29   Link #48
Julius Firefocht

I had not choice but to give this episode a perfect 10. This one has it all: humour, action, best animation I have seen in this series so far, good story development, references to Full Metal Panic. It's the the best I have seen in this series so far.

The poster in the Computer Club President's room is a poster of Haruhi, Mikuru and Yuki' seiyuus. That poster came with this month's Voice Newtype magazine, a magazine dedicated to anime seiyuus.

Looking forward to the next episode! Seems like Kyon and Haruhi get to spend the night together in a cave!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2006-05-16, 15:36   Link #49
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
Oh praise the lord, Haruhi! The church of A.F.K. has released the seventh translated chapter of the Haruhi. All is right with the world, God is in the Literary Club room.

Sorry, this weirdo outside of the lab here believes that some guy named Jesus and not Haruhi is our Savior and is passing out church flyers.

Last edited by eVaX; 2006-05-17 at 13:04.
Old 2006-05-16, 15:38   Link #50
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Mikuru rules Although somehow I failed to grasp some technical stuff they were talking about, the episode was funny.

KyonxMikuru overdose

Hurray for the FMP references, although I'd like to have someone just shout "FUMO"

Ah, I'm happy now (Mikuru ).
Old 2006-05-16, 15:47   Link #51
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
KyonxMikuru overdose
Amen to that! *collapses in his bed squeeing*

*Ahem* Anyways, apart from the FMP and KxM scenes, I actually liked very much Haruhi's pout. Even though I'm all for KxM, its faces like those that make Haruhi still my favorite character. ^_^

Spoiler for pic:

EDIT:
Cal-reflector, the poster in the comp club prez's bedroom is a picture of Haruhi, Asahina, and Nagato's Seiyuus.

For your second question, from my looks of it, it is neither. I ruled out Mikuru, because well, Mikuru likes to dress in more 'feminine' clothes (don't think I'd see her wearing pants). I thought it was Itsuki actually (Oh noes! Yaoi!), but it's only a week till we really find out, ne?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2006-05-16 at 16:00.
Old 2006-05-16, 16:21   Link #52
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
This episode was awesome. Funny, Actioned and nice amount of technicality to it.
Nagato was awesome with her speedy incantations. And of course there was Mikuru.
Purely this ep impressed me.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2006-05-16, 16:25   Link #53
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh yeah. I'm sorry Linux fans, but apparently

GOD (eh... Haruhi) USES WINDOWS XP

You'll all go to Hell (Or some other alternate reality where you'll suffer, hunted by strange lifeforms for all eternity )

Embrace Windows now, Haruhi demands!
Old 2006-05-16, 16:29   Link #54
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:

You'll all go to Hell (Or some other alternate reality where you'll suffer, hunted by strange lifeforms for all eternity )

Not to mention our Apple Fans

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2006-05-16, 16:29   Link #55
Dynamites!

I also lolled at the subtle Higurashi reference in the title for next week's ep...
(or am I seeing things now?)
Old 2006-05-16, 16:30   Link #56
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

haruhi merely used the computer club president's machine which conveniently has XP installed. Such petty matter as the OS bothers the deity not.

(subsequently... Haruhi uses LCD monitor! CRT users repent your sins now before it's too late!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVaX
All is right with the world, God is in the Literary Club.
I agree.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-16, 16:31   Link #57
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Downloading episode 7...
Downloading episode 7...
Downloading episode 7...
Downloading episode 7...
Downloading episode 7...
Old 2006-05-16, 16:32   Link #58
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Three things tied for Best Moments this episode:

- Mikuru's expression when she heard that Haruhi wanted to do the flyer thing again.

- Kyon's rapidfire complaints about Itsuki being way too close for comfort.

- Mikuru grabbing Kyon by the waist and shaking him.

Which isn't to say that other things didn't crack me up, of course. The FMP references we already covered, and the appearance of the cave cricket thing (as well as Itsuki's statement of the obvious) was classic comedy.

The episode ended on kind of a weird note, though. The long explanation bits and the fast action bits all felt a bit disjointed.
Old 2006-05-16, 17:14   Link #59
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Woohoo! this episode is a perfect 10! I've been waiting for some real action and now we got some Lamda drive effects lol

Besides all the action in the closed space, my favourite part is Haruhi's sleeping visage.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-05-16, 17:18   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 07 - just wow.

"Fumoffu!" "Second Raid!" I wonder where these names come from.. ^^;

Anyway, Itsuki's that cool he belongs in his own anime spin-off. He could fight giant bugs, and of course play board games.