AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-05, 21:13   Link #441
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutaro View Post
if Yuri's a victim, and already know about Jake and Ouroboros, chances are, he would have killed Jake long time ago.
If he can kill him that is. His flame based power may be useless against Jake. The guy was burning a wall to make art. His power could be radiation based.

This guy would be in a maximum security prison for a Next. Even Barnaby relented officials wont likely allow any visitations.

I have a feeling Mr. Legend and other heroes like Stealth Soldier might come out of retirement to help save the city.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 21:15   Link #442
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Not sure how many people this will interest but Viz (the US streamer of the show) has confirmed they will be making T&B merchandise. I really hope that Dragon Kid gets a figure (since she's so darn cute) but, given how female characters in the past don't usually get action figures, I'm not getting my hopes up too much.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 21:21   Link #443
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pretty good ep, but I really liked the slice-of-life part with the jazz & bluegrass BGM and the rare father-daughter communication better than the rest of it, which was rather pedestrian.

Fujoshi everywhere were surely squealing at the "Have you gained weight?" moment.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 10:23   Link #444
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
To all of Citizens of Sternbild, show your support for HERO TV! =)

Just in time for the upcoming cons.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10150452

Spoiler for Cosplay:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 11:52   Link #445
TAKOYAKI

This wine becoming popular!

Oh,,,Bunny,,,
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp...ery/7982-2.jpg
TAKOYAKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 12:20   Link #446
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I very much liked the latest episode. I also see a lot of potential here.

Aside from this, I have an observation to share.

"Master Jake" = "Mister J"

If that's not clear enough for you, consider the images below:

Spoiler for Is Tiger and Bunny spoofing something?:
Old 2011-06-07, 13:41   Link #447
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I very much liked the latest episode. I also see a lot of potential here.

Aside from this, I have an observation to share.

"Master Jake" = "Mister J"

If that's not clear enough for you, consider the images below:

Spoiler for Is Tiger and Bunny spoofing something?:

I don't see it but I can agree that Master Jake is a bit loopy. I enjoyed this episode as well. I thought they were going to do more background stories on all the heroes but it was nice to see the Ouroboros.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 15:02   Link #448
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow what an episode! So much happened and we actually get to see the Heroes a little overwhelmed and pushed to the brink for a change. I was pretty much on the edge of my seat from the moment the explosion on the bridge happened and the episode didn't let up till the end. And this episode was supposed to be the "calm before the storm". Jesus.....

A lot happened this time around and it's like the show is just now getting started for real. Jake Martinez seems like a safe bet for a final boss and I can't help but figure that even though Barney made the bro decision in coming to help out Tiger that he may have missed the chance to stop Jake from escaping and it's probably going to bite the city, heroes and everyone in the ass. Also is it just me or is he somehow giving orders from the prison with his weird drawing sort of power. I mean he looks completely off his rocker and like some kind of sociopath, but it also looks like it might partially be an act to obscure the fact that he's still directing Ouroboros and just biding his time until he actually needs to break out.

Some little things that were nice to see were Origami Cyclone actually getting some points as well as Tiger trying to make things up to his daughter only for work to yet again get in the way. I'm sure he'll make it home eventually though. Also Lunatic seems to be doubting the heroes even more and I won't be surprised if he breaks onto the scene yet again to try and stop Jake from making his escape.

One thing I didn't like and that kind of surprised/disappointed me is that Dragon Kid and Blue Rose just completely ditched Tiger out of nowhere. I guess they figured that Bunny was on the way, but that was kind of a dick move after all they've been through over the last several episodes.

It's only going to get more intense from here knowing how Sunrise likes to keep ramping things up once their series reach the halfway point. It seems like all the players are assembled and it doesn't surprise me that the next episode has a title like "the die is cast....". Can't freaking wait!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 15:05   Link #449
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Damn, they got me with Fire Emblem in the shower. I thought it was Blue Rose at first.

Anyway, another great episode. Is this really two cour? Seems like the plot is heading towards a conclusion already, although if it is two cour I'll be happy since we got all the character intros out of the way the second half can focus on story.

I like the contrast between Tiger and Bunny's cars: Kotetsu drives some sort of low-end SUV (Suzuki Vitara?) while Barnaby drives an NSX.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 15:07   Link #450
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Damn, they got me with Fire Emblem in the shower. I thought it was Blue Rose at first.

Anyway, another great episode. Is this really two cour? Seems like the plot is heading towards a conclusion already, although if it is two cour I'll be happy since we got all the character intros out of the way the second half can focus on story.

I like the contrast between Tiger and Bunny's cars: Kotetsu drives some sort of low-end SUV (Suzuki Vitara?) while Barnaby drives an NSX.
The director mentioned episode 14 as an important plot marker so I think it's safe to say that it will indeed be 24-26 episodes. Expect and opening and ending change soon too.

edit: Also holy frigging crap Keiji Fujiwara is going to be doing Jake Martinez. Anyone remember the last Sunrise series villain Fujiwara voiced? I'll give ya'll a hint.

"I'm a terrible man who leads his life following the most primitive human impulses."
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 15:30   Link #451
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
A lot happened this time around and it's like the show is just now getting started for real. Jake Martinez seems like a safe bet for a final boss and I can't help but figure that even though Barney made the bro decision in coming to help out Tiger that he may have missed the chance to stop Jake from escaping and it's probably going to bite the city, heroes and everyone in the ass.
Not really. He's not breaking out, he's getting a negotiated liberation. By having his comrades take the whole city hostage. So the action wasn't at the prison anyway. The only one who can do something there is Origami. Which I guess we'll see next episode.

Quote:
Also is it just me or is he somehow giving orders from the prison with his weird drawing sort of power. I mean he looks completely off his rocker and like some kind of sociopath, but it also looks like it might partially be an act to obscure the fact that he's still directing Ouroboros and just biding his time until he actually needs to break out.

Some little things that were nice to see were Origami Cyclone actually getting some points as well as Tiger trying to make things up to his daughter only for work to yet again get in the way. I'm sure he'll make it home eventually though. Also Lunatic seems to be doubting the heroes even more and I won't be surprised if he breaks onto the scene yet again to try and stop Jake from making his escape.

One thing I didn't like and that kind of surprised/disappointed me is that Dragon Kid and Blue Rose just completely ditched Tiger out of nowhere. I guess they figured that Bunny was on the way, but that was kind of a dick move after all they've been through over the last several episodes.
Yeah. I guess they're not used to actual life-threatening situations, so they just blindly followed the Agnes' orders, thinking it was just more of the same. I mean, yes, they get shot at regularly, but it's never been so bad anyone died. They generally have to race each other to get the criminals.

Plus, Tiger's got more experience than both of them put together. They assumed he knew what he was doing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 16:19   Link #452
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Plus, Tiger's got more experience than both of them put together. They assumed he knew what he was doing.
Agreed. Tiger may come off as an idiot sometimes but I gather he is a very competent hero; just old. And he always manages to get saves albeit he gives them away or mucks up in some form or fashion.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 02:14   Link #453
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for That Scarf Girl in each episodes:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:52   Link #454
TAKOYAKI

Bunny's hair
http://www.lapindor.co.jp/homme/prod...oolstyle/5763/
Old 2011-06-08, 18:04   Link #455
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Engrish yaoi fangirl fodder:

Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 23:41   Link #456
FateAnomaly

Why didn't oroboros simply bust that guy out with the same mechs and tons of explosive that they use to stage the show? Is the prison that well protected or do they just want the attention.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 05:59   Link #457
Tangowr

Lol..Japan's going nuts over the Fragrance that Tiger is using

it seems to be this item
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=489986
http://kohsui.com/SHOP/40121509050.html

Random fanart
Spoiler for Random Fanart of T&B:
Old 2011-06-09, 06:06   Link #458
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Why didn't oroboros simply bust that guy out with the same mechs and tons of explosive that they use to stage the show? Is the prison that well protected or do they just want the attention.
That prison is where they keep NEXT criminals, so it should be well protected.
Old 2011-06-10, 00:03   Link #459
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Spoiler for That Scarf Girl in each episodes:
She really wants to be saved so badly she gets into her own crisis
Old 2011-06-10, 01:55   Link #460
TAKOYAKI

origami,,,,