AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-20, 05:21   Link #22541
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Holy shit guys
Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/col...html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- At least 20 people were wounded in a shooting early Friday morning at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, an area hospital official told CNN.

All of the wounded suffered from gunshot wounds, which ranged from minor to critical, said Jacque Montgomery, a spokeswoman at the University of Colorado Hospital.

"They're arriving by police, by ambulance. Some are walking in," she said.

Police were responding to a "shooting incident" at the theater, a dispatcher told CNN. The dispatcher did not provide any additional details.

The shooting incident reportedly occurred during an early morning screening of the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises," witnesses told CNN affiliate KUSA.

"We saw people running around and screaming," a man, who was not identified, told KUSA.

He said there was confusion in the theater when the shooting began because many believed the sound of gunfire was coming from the movie next door.
Old 2012-07-20, 05:26   Link #22542
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Just like how Israel denied car-bombing Iran's nuclear scientists. No wonder Israel thinks Iran did it.
It's funny how these days when a government denies something, you're almost sure they actually did it...
Old 2012-07-20, 05:30   Link #22543
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Holy shit guys
well that sucks.
Old 2012-07-20, 05:34   Link #22544
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Holy shit guys
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=43 police audio scanner - live with 7k viewer. 14 dead and 45~ wounded.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2012-07-20 at 05:55.
Old 2012-07-20, 05:35   Link #22545
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Holy shit guys
Will they try to put him a terrorism charge, given the number of killeds?
Old 2012-07-20, 06:11   Link #22546
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Holy shit guys
That's horrible. My condolences to those who died or were injured during the shooting.

Hopefully, no idiot will try to claim this was some marketing ploy get people to see the movie.
Old 2012-07-20, 06:25   Link #22547
sa547
*Author

Not again, not another nuthead with a gun killing a lot of people. Begs me wondering if it has become endemic in America for some young lone puke to do huge acts of violence just because he got cockblocked for a small trivial thing.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-07-20 at 10:00.
Old 2012-07-20, 06:31   Link #22548
Bri

Quote:
Holy shit guys
Only a few miles away from Columbine. The Denver area seems to have really bad luck with that type of nutcases.
Old 2012-07-20, 07:57   Link #22549
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I love how everyone's quoting just 'Holy shit guys' .

But oye, those things are terrifying. And they're so insane that they don't care if police shoots him/her as they plan on dying anyways.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:40   Link #22550
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Hopefully, no idiot will try to claim this was some marketing ploy get people to see the movie.
I don't even see how anyone could even think of making such a claim. In fact, I'm now suspicious of you for thinking people would.

What I find odd about it is that he walked in through the emergency exit. That's... not easily done, is it?
Old 2012-07-20, 09:04   Link #22551
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't even see how anyone could even think of making such a claim. In fact, I'm now suspicious of you for thinking people would.

What I find odd about it is that he walked in through the emergency exit. That's... not easily done, is it?
My apologizes. It's just that everytime i see something horrible happen, someone else comes and makes it worse. (eg. like that certain group that protest at the funeral of shooting victims.)
Old 2012-07-20, 09:10   Link #22552
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

The sad thing is that even after such an horrific act the average uSA citizen will NOT understand how wrong is to allow to sell assault weapons to people at large.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:33   Link #22553
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
The sad thing is that even after such an horrific act the average uSA citizen will NOT understand how wrong is to allow to sell assault weapons to people at large.
Sorry, but while I don't think civilians should have access to military grade hardware, I can't see how automatic weapons factor in to this type of case. If someone is determined to commit such an horrific act, they could have used any kind of (makeshift) weapon available: semiautomatics, explosives, poisons, a vehicle etc.

What is more puzzling and scary is what drives these individuals to develop such hate against others/society to the point of actually carrying out an attack.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:42   Link #22554
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
more people are killed by weapons obtained by illegal means than legal.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:46   Link #22555
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
If someone is determined to commit such an horrific act, they could have used any kind of (makeshift) weapon available: semiautomatics, explosives, poisons, a vehicle etc.
I will have to disagree with that notion. People with suicidal tendencies lack drive, they will not create their own explosives or poisons. You can argue that you can still kill 50 people without the use of assault weapons, but using a knife or a vehicle to murder people will not yield such a high death toll. Assault weapons are easy, they require little skill and you only need to be right in front of a large group of people to do such horrific act, the only reason he only killed 50 is because said people lack drive, once they discharge their anger they only hope for a cop to blow their brains.

BTW, I don't think a semi-automatic weapon should be sold to people, anything beyond hunting rifles is a sure kill weapon in the hands of a derp.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:48   Link #22556
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
more people are killed by weapons obtained by illegal means than legal.
Typical straw man. No, the problem is not that weapons are sold illegaly, the problem is that firearms are mas produced to be sold at large (for a huge profit I might add).
Old 2012-07-20, 09:57   Link #22557
Zakoo

The usual pro gun vs anti gun debate after the Ô so common crime news that happen every two months.

Though I agree with you mangamuscle ,even if the majority of Us citizens found that selling weapons is stupid, it wouldn't change a thing, because we are talking about US huh, if the two big party, DEM and GOP agree on something, that means there are some money behind and so far it has always been lobby that made the law.

And the problem isn't really whether they sell gun or not, US is in a "gun culture", you can change law, changing culture is a whole different problem, if selling gun becomes illegal ( let's dream) it will simply go on the blackmarket. And as a mexican I think you perfectly know what happens when there's a huge blackmarket mafia.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:16   Link #22558
Bri

Quote:
I will have to disagree with that notion. People with suicidal tendencies lack drive, they will not create their own explosives or poisons. You can argue that you can still kill 50 people without the use of assault weapons, but using a knife or a vehicle to murder people will not yield such a high death toll. Assault weapons are easy, they require little skill and you only need to be right in front of a large group of people to do such horrific act, the only reason he only killed 50 is because said people lack drive, once they discharge their anger they only hope for a cop to blow their brains.
That would apply to suicide cases but this appears to be a fully planned attack. It's not that I agree or disagree with your view on assault weapons, but I don't think this kind of case offers any support for any view in the pro gun vs anti gun debate.

The 911 hijackings were presumably carried out with hand knives. The death toll of planned attacks is pretty much limited to what the imagination (or twisted mind more likely) can come up with.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:26   Link #22559
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
if selling gun becomes illegal ( let's dream) it will simply go on the blackmarket. And as a mexican I think you perfectly know what happens when there's a huge blackmarket mafia.
Let me tell you what I know. Unlike alcohol/sinthetic drugs, mass production of weapons or ammunition requires of expensive sophisticated machinery. The USA goverment is keeping tabs of said machinery (since obviously the weapon manufacturers do not want someone to start an illegal weapon plant that sells the same weapons at cheaper prices), how do I know that? A cousin some years ago asked me to get him one of those machines for his factory, they sell them at ebay *facepalm* at very low prices since the manufacturing sector in the USA is in the slumps. Some time later my cousin received a letter from the USA goverment asking him to register in *blah* *blah* *blah* because he had a machine that could be used to produce weapons. The nerve, we are not USA citizens so the USA goverment can stuff it where the sun never shines. But I bet they send an spy to check once in a while to check my cousin factory.

Therefore if the USA factories that mass produce weapons and ammunition for public consumption shut down, it would not be easy to create an illegal traffic since said machines CANNOT be easly moved and can be easily tracked down (and destroyed if need be).
Old 2012-07-20, 10:33   Link #22560
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Let me tell you what I know. Unlike alcohol/sinthetic drugs, mass production of weapons or ammunition requires of expensive sophisticated machinery. The USA goverment is keeping tabs of said machinery (since obviously the weapon manufacturers do not want someone to start an illegal weapon plant that sells the same weapons at cheaper prices), how do I know that? A cousin some years ago asked me to get him one of those machines for his factory, they sell them at ebay *facepalm* at very low prices since the manufacturing sector in the USA is in the slumps. Some time later my cousin received a letter from the USA goverment asking him to register in *blah* *blah* *blah* because he had a machine that could be used to produce weapons. The nerve, we are not USA citizens so the USA goverment can stuff it where the sun never shines. But I bet they send an spy to check once in a while to check my cousin factory.
Or the letter was sent as part of an automated process that nobody completely thought through and they don't actually care.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international