AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 16:22   Link #61
kuromitsu

The new OP is by Kikkawa Kouji as well... and I just realized that he does the narration, too! The narrator has been very familiar for a while, but it only clicked now. Er, this probably doesn't mean anything to most people, but Kikkawa is something of a minor, if old-school, legend. He was also an awesome Oda Nobunaga in the taiga drama Tenchijin.

Anyway, aww here's Mitsunari's other BFF. This isn't how I pictured Ootani Yoshitsugu either, but then, perhaps this is supposed to be before he (supposedly) fell ill? There's still 10 years until Sekigahara, after all. I hope he'll become a leper eventually, I'd love to see the famous tea ceremony anecdote with him and Mitsunari.

If the siege of Odawara is up next then I assume we'll see Masamune - and according to the cast list he'll be played by Okiayu Ryoutarou. WOW. It's been ages since I last heard him. Unfortunately I don't see any Sanada in the cast... (bawww) But maybe we'll get a glimpse of Yukimura, the Sanada were there, after all.

(Btw, this siege involved the destruction of Hachiouji Castle, as mentioned in Red Data Girl earlier this year. I can't imagine Gifuu doudou not mentioning it at least in passing, what with the Uesugis' involvement and the whole "AND FOR THREE DAYS THE RIVER RAN RED WITH BLOOD" thing.)

Mitsunari continues to have an awesome voice. So pretty.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-10-09 at 16:55.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 22:25   Link #62
AntonKutovoi

Not only we will have Okiayu as Masamune (he already voiced Masamune once, BTW, in the old videogame "Kessen"), but also Tomokazu Seki as Katakura Kojuuro and Tomokazu Sugita as Ii Naomasa? The cast for this show is becoming better and better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The new OP is by Kikkawa Kouji as well... and I just realized that he does the narration, too! The narrator has been very familiar for a while, but it only clicked now. Er, this probably doesn't mean anything to most people, but Kikkawa is something of a minor, if old-school, legend. He was also an awesome Oda Nobunaga in the taiga drama Tenchijin.
Wait. He was Nobunaga in Tenchijin? Never realised that. Pretty cool
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 11:42   Link #63
AntonKutovoi

Date forces shall finally appear in this week's episode. Katakura Kojuuro, voiced by Seki Tomokazu
Old 2013-10-15, 14:43   Link #64
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Wait. He was Nobunaga in Tenchijin? Never realised that. Pretty cool
Yeah, that was him. I think he was awesome, he had so much charisma.

Apparently Kanetsugu's tactics involve trying to befriend everyone he meets. I just hope Masamune won't let him. And I hope we'll see Date Shigezane and his Mukade of Doom. (Come to think of it, it's been more than half a season and we still haven't seen Kanetsugu's famous "ai" helmet...)

And there goes Sugita Tomokazu channeling Koyasu Takehito again... at first I thought it was Koyasu.
Old 2013-10-22, 15:09   Link #65
AntonKutovoi

And this episode was dedicated to Ii Naomasa. Tomokazu Sugita at his best
Old 2013-10-22, 15:16   Link #66
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
And this episode was dedicated to Ii Naomasa. Tomokazu Sugita at his best
Rats. I'm so behind in this series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 16:01   Link #67
kuromitsu

This episode was great, I like this Ii Naomasa. Sugita is fine, but the character overall is a lot of fun. I do wish they'd stop trying to expose Kanetsugu as Kenshin's son, though, it's so obvious it's not going to work. (Seriously, worst kept secret in the land.)

Next episode title sounds promising, it's a great story and I'm looking forward to seeing it adapted in this show.
Old 2013-10-29, 14:58   Link #68
AntonKutovoi

Episode 18:
Masamune is cool, Ryoutaro Okiayu is cool, Masamune's theme is cool.
Old 2013-10-29, 18:01   Link #69
kuromitsu

Oh no, they're on friendly terms! Don't be friends with Masamune, Kanetsugu! I'll never get my anecdote! orz

Aside of that, yes, this was awesome. XD The "Masamune at the Siege of Odawara" story is great and has much dramatic potential, and Gifuu doudou delivered. And Okiayu Ryoutarou! It's great to hear him again, I don't even remember the last role I heard him in.

The music, though, it reminded me of another show, but I can't put my finger on which...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-10-29 at 18:11.
Old 2013-10-29, 21:22   Link #70
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
And Okiayu Ryoutarou! It's great to hear him again, I don't even remember the last role I
Yeah, he doesn't appear really often now. With exception of his ongoing role in Toriko (Masamune sounds just liie him, BTW ), I think his last big role so far was Berserker in Fate/Zero (ARRRRTHUUUUUUURRRRR!)
Old 2013-11-05, 15:33   Link #71
kuromitsu

After last week's fabulous episode, this week's ep was a letdown. Mosuke's story was interesting, but I don't really care about Jiroubou. Plus they're taking the intrigue way too seriously again though at least it resulted in scenes like Ieyasu STAAAARING into Kanetsugu's eyes. XD (Too bad Kanetsugu already knows what they're after, it would've been funny if he'd thought the Tokugawa gang had the hots for him or something. XD) The "demon" was also rather underwhelming, I'd thought it would be Keiji or something. Or at least just Matsukaze the horse.

Come to think of it, where's Keiji? For a show titled "Kanetsugu and Keiji" Keiji hasn't been doing anything since the "Hideyoshi's audience" arc. And he was at Odawara. (At least I think he was. He must've been there...)
Old 2013-11-05, 15:55   Link #72
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
After last week's fabulous episode, this week's ep was a letdown. Mosuke's story was interesting, but I don't really care about Jiroubou. Plus they're taking the intrigue way too seriously again though at least it resulted in scenes like Ieyasu STAAAARING into Kanetsugu's eyes. XD (Too bad Kanetsugu already knows what they're after, it would've been funny if he'd thought the Tokugawa gang had the hots for him or something. XD) The "demon" was also rather underwhelming, I'd thought it would be Keiji or something. Or at least just Matsukaze the horse.

Come to think of it, where's Keiji? For a show titled "Kanetsugu and Keiji" Keiji hasn't been doing anything since the "Hideyoshi's audience" arc. And he was at Odawara. (At least I think he was. He must've been there...)
Agree on all points. This beast immideatly made me think about Golden Compass, though
I wonder about Keiji myself, but despite the name of the show, it's about Kanetsugu. Making too much focus on Keiji will be somewhat wrong, since it won't be Ny different from original Keiji manga. "Hana no Keiji" probably covers Keiji's deeds at Odawara.
And Ieyasu's STAAAAAREEE is epic
Old 2013-11-06, 03:26   Link #73
kuromitsu

True about Keiji, I guess leaving him in the focus for too long would make him overshadow Kanetsugu. And Kanetsugu doesn't get a whole lot of anime/manga attention, anyway, so it's good to see him in the main role. Still, I miss Keiji.
Old 2013-11-12, 14:47   Link #74
AntonKutovoi

Episode 20:
Flashback in flasback. Also, considering the entire series is one huge flasback, does it mean that we just had a flashback in a flashback in a flahback?
Old 2013-11-13, 16:38   Link #75
kuromitsu

Flashbackception!

But really, it's no wonder that the secret of Kanetsugu's true parents is not a secret at all. Tae tells it to her sister who tells it to... a random ninja... okay. Btw, aww, Tae's voice was Noto Mamiko.

The dog reveal was cute, but I still don't really care about Jiroubou's story. Kenshin's story... yeah, well. I wish they'd get on with the siege of Odawara... if they want to do Sekigahara eventually, they should really start building up to it.
Old 2013-11-19, 14:38   Link #76
AntonKutovoi

Awesome episode this week. Hideyoshi and Kagekatsu really shined in it. And the opening battle scene was great as well.
Old 2013-11-19, 17:59   Link #77
kuromitsu

Yes, it was a really great episode. I wondered how they'd do Hachiouji, but I really liked the way they did it, Hideyoshi's castle was great, and Kagekatsu and Kanetsugu were awesome. So manly. *sniffle* (And Suibara Takaie is hilarious. ) Ever since the whole truth about Kanetsugu being Kenshin's son came out I was feeling kind of sorry for Kagekatsu, but I guess he's handling the issue the best he can.
Old 2013-11-26, 15:06   Link #78
AntonKutovoi

The entire episode was one big "F*ck you, I'm Nobunaga". As Nobunaga's fan, I liked it
Old 2013-11-26, 15:48   Link #79
kuromitsu

Oh my god, I thought they'd finally be done with the stupid statue, but no! I mean, yes, I suppose it's a nice subplot but it's so obvious, if from nowhere else then from history, that the intrigue won't lead anywhere.

...we're not going to see Sekigahara, are we. ._.) This was episode 22, even if the show is 26 eps long it's way too late now... even though Kanetsugu had an important role in the whole East vs West conflict...

Anyway, yes, Nobunaga. I don't think the old man at the end was in fact Nobunaga, for one the dialogue went more like "it's Nobunaga's...!", and the voice was also different. Maybe it's Ranmaru? But it was kind of hilarious how Nobunaga just showed up and took the statue because he felt lonely without his best enemy. XD

Also, was Sakon always so huge? He seemed a bit different from what I remember from the Mitsunari arc.

Oh yes, and the Honnouji scene was really really good. This show has some very good transition scenes and Jiroubou's "flashback" was very impressive, visually. Also Nobunaga reciting the famous verse from Atsumori.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-11-26 at 16:02.
Old 2013-12-10, 15:06   Link #80
AntonKutovoi

R.I.P., Shirokumo

Kanetsugu's strategy was interesting. And I wonder how long this anime shall go on?

Tags
action, historical, shounen