Lol, you mean in terms of file size?
Old 2007-02-25, 02:24   Link #22
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, you mean in terms of file size?
7 Point something to install and its a DVD9 as well with 5.5 Gigs of space taken up. It's just huge. I think there's probably very little compression on a lot the files the games uses or loose coding because even factoring in all the music, Full-Voice Acting, FMV's, CG, 3D Graphics etc it really shouldn't be that big otherwise. Most Japanese games lack compression or protection I find. You can just waltz into any file for a game on your Hard Drive and edit it very easily without even needing to hack at them (I've given myself augmented stats on a number of games with notepad just to see how far I could take it). Ultimately I was going to play it before I ended up with a Fat 32 drive, but I found out that its by and large an ADV game with very little gameplay. That killed it for me and the Fat32 drive sealed the deal. Now I get to watch the anime though and see what I missed.
Old 2007-02-25, 02:57   Link #23
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Very little gameplay? Who told you that? Did you play the gameplay demo and decide that, cause if you did you only barely scratched the surface of what's there.

EDIT:

Quote:
Now I get to watch the anime though and see what I missed.
I have to break it to you. It's going to take a feat of beyond KyoAni proportions to include everything from the game. And by everything I mean just all the good parts. The game has seven story arcs and each of them adds new things and builds on the story as a whole. Every character brings something great and special to the whole experience; without all of its parts, the game as a whole is greatly diminished. It's going to be extremely difficult to try to somehow incorporate all of that into a single story-arc anime.

So the anime's going to have to leave out a lot of the whole story anyway.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2007-02-25 at 03:11.
Old 2007-02-25, 03:48   Link #24
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Very little gameplay? Who told you that? Did you play the gameplay demo and decide that, cause if you did you only barely scratched the surface of what's there.

EDIT:

I have to break it to you. It's going to take a feat of beyond KyoAni proportions to include everything from the game. And by everything I mean just all the good parts. The game has seven story arcs and each of them adds new things and builds on the story as a whole. Every character brings something great and special to the whole experience; without all of its parts, the game as a whole is greatly diminished. It's going to be extremely difficult to try to somehow incorporate all of that into a single story-arc anime.

So the anime's going to have to leave out a lot of the whole story anyway.
It's cool to see that someone knows Kyoto Animation can't make everything perfect (Not that you know they can really make anything above average, but thats just my opinion in a vast sea of worship). Still if we're talking animation yes they are spectacular, but fitting all seven arcs is something nobody could do.

I have some alternative ideas though which might frag some minds:

How about they don't do it by character arc style for once and go with the most complete integrated and logical storyline and then they have a good template (I know its radical thinking for an animation company doing an H-Game adaptation, but trying doesn't hurt and its working with Higurashi for me, even though for some bizarre reason everyone thinks its terrible). Also they could try not cramming everything into a 12 episode series, that might just help too (Radical thinking again). Let the sarcasm flow.

I need to get something off my chest in the paragraph below to relieve some stress so everybody feel free to skip over it:

It's about Kyoto Animation and such. Everybody who knows me knows what I'll say here so the big rant I just wrote. GONE, HA HA! In its place, one phrase, Cast + Studio Are Not The Key to a series (Yes that even includes the everybody's beloved Kyoto Animation founded by mere mortals who are prone to imperfection as legend has it)

Back to the point though it was someone on a forum that told me (Can't say the name as it holds copyrights). They said that most of the game is spent in ADV style form where you make the choices and progress the story and at the end of a chapter you fight a battle and go back to the ADV. Once ADV outweighs the gameplay, I'm not enjoying the game anymore, so I took a raincheck on it and now its kind of too late. Not that I don't have tons of other games to play though. Regardless, this way I can actually understand the plot if it gets subbed. Then if I can work some magic I can go back and play the game. Is the demo offered on the homepage by any chance though

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-25 at 05:12.
Old 2007-02-25, 11:01   Link #25
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
How about they don't do it by character arc style for once and go with the most complete integrated and logical storyline and then they have a good template (I know its radical thinking for an animation company doing an H-Game adaptation, but trying doesn't hurt and its working with Higurashi for me, even though for some bizarre reason everyone thinks its terrible). Also they could try not cramming everything into a 12 episode series, that might just help too (Radical thinking again). Let the sarcasm flow.
So basically you mean just focus on a couple of aspects of the story and not cover the others completely? Fine. That is better than trying to cover everything. Higurashi's problem was less this than the shitty animation and the fact they changed things for no reason (would've taken them all of a minute, if that, to do the doll scene for example). I don't think most people were all that surprised they had to ditch much of the mystery with an episode count like that, it was various other screwups that sealed the deal. If this is 12 episodes I don't think I'll even watch it. They're inevitably going to screw up.

Quote:
They said that most of the game is spent in ADV style form where you make the choices and progress the story and at the end of a chapter you fight a battle and go back to the ADV. Once ADV outweighs the gameplay, I'm not enjoying the game anymore, so I took a raincheck on it and now its kind of too late. Not that I don't have tons of other games to play though. Regardless, this way I can actually understand the plot if it gets subbed. Then if I can work some magic I can go back and play the game.
Got this page when I asked that question a while ago actually. Basically that lists all the choices and such, as well as links to pages offering strategy for the battles (those are the hyperlinks). As you can see from a brief scan 'one per chapter at the end' is a load of lies. Some have 1 or 2, some have like... 7 in one chapter.

Quote:
Is the demo offered on the homepage by any chance though
Yeah, there are demos on the homepage I linked in the first post. However, they're split. There are 'story only' demos up to chapter 8 that basically ditch all the battles entirely, and there are 2 battle only demos with no story. So whether these are any use depends what you want out of them.
Old 2007-02-25, 11:14   Link #26
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post

Info from the February Megami issue mentioned in the first post. Doesn't appear to have anything useful or new in it. I like how Priecia and Kaguya look though.
Thank you very much~!! ^__^
Quote:
If this is 12 episodes I don't think I'll even watch it. They're inevitably going to screw up.
For something like this, It'll probably take 26 eps to make a good cover of this without screwing it up.
Old 2007-02-25, 14:37   Link #27
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Got this page when I asked that question a while ago actually. Basically that lists all the choices and such, as well as links to pages offering strategy for the battles (those are the hyperlinks). As you can see from a brief scan 'one per chapter at the end' is a load of lies. Some have 1 or 2, some have like... 7 in one chapter.
It must be also mentioned that you keep your equipment throughout the game, even after finishing a character arc, so your characters, not just Hyaweh, retain their stats all the time. Accordingly, new battle routes open up that let you fight souped-up enemies, and get even better prisms (the name for any equipment, attack, spell, etc). There's about 250 prisms in the game.

Each heroine also has several combination attacks they can do with Hyaweh and other characters.
Old 2007-02-25, 16:56   Link #28
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Well, the game seems interesting enough, despite its huge size, and I need to keep my Jap in shape, so I guess I'll check it out just for the kicks of it.

Is it just me, or those two scans have character designs reminiscent of the Love Hina anime?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-02-25, 23:13   Link #29
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
For something like this, It'll probably take 26 eps to make a good cover of this without screwing it up.
Two seasons @ 26 episodes each and I will be happy

The art transition from game to anime looks absolutely perfect imo. There is a slight change in the eye/pupil design, but it fits. Filia is, as always, moe without a limiter XD (those who played Theresa to Heart will understand...)

Where in the world do you see Love Hina from the scans?
Old 2007-02-26, 01:18   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Two seasons @ 26 episodes each and I will be happy
Yeah like that will ever happen. Most companies care less about the story than the power the license of a popular H-Game holds for merchandising opportunities. The more I look at Japan, the more its looking like Capitalist America. Oh and I agree, Loli is Life.

And Wandering Knight, Mahoooo Mahooo (Ahoge).
Old 2007-02-26, 03:43   Link #31
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
The more I look at Japan, the more its looking like Capitalist America.
Lol, capitalist and America in the same sentence is redundant, and Japan is the second richest country in the world by GDP and also a completely capitalist power, so really it's hard to get any more capitalist than these two countries.

Da Capo got two seasons, so there's precedent, although granted Da Capo is almost like a household name in erogame subculture terms, up there with the likes of Kanon and To Heart.
Old 2007-02-26, 07:55   Link #32
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Where in the world do you see Love Hina from the scans?
In the second scan, the small frame on the right. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but as soon as I saw those faces, I thought immediately of the (infamous) Love Hina anime.

Quote:
And Wandering Knight, Mahoooo Mahooo (Ahoge).
オメガかわいいかも!

Old 2007-02-26, 11:51   Link #33
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
In the second scan, the small frame on the right. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but as soon as I saw those faces, I thought immediately of the (infamous) Love Hina anime.
Er, do you mean the bottom right corner of the second scan? Because that's not from Prism Ark >.>
Old 2007-02-26, 18:11   Link #34
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Oh, crap, I knew I should have payed more attention -_-;

Old 2007-02-26, 20:10   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:

オメガかわいいかも!
I'm only good with Katakana. I get Omega and then its nothing. It could say Omega Kawaii or just about anything.

I have good news for myself though. I've contracted the acquisition of this title. Now I'll get to see what's what.
Old 2007-02-26, 20:36   Link #36
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
I'm only good with Katakana. I get Omega and then its nothing. It could say Omega Kawaii or just about anything.
Omega kawaii kamo! xP

Old 2007-02-26, 20:43   Link #37
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

26+ episodes is the only way Prism Ark can be done, no less. Precia's route in itself can span a good 20 episodes using only the key scenes and battles from the game (common route).

The scope of Prism Ark is more immense than your usual eroge (the combined story length is longer than Utawarerumono). You can't just pair it with titles like Yoakena, Happiness! Gift, etc. There are just to many fundamental differences in the storyline and overall production.

Wishing for a 52 ep season may be a bit foolish, but that is the only way I see Kagura and Fel's scenario faithfully reproduced along with Precia's main route. Leaving those two only as support characters is a crime to any fan of the game~ (-_-)...

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2007-03-03 at 19:51.
Old 2007-02-26, 21:28   Link #38
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
As someone who has played the game I agree with the +26 Eps if they actually want to include everything.

If you want the most complete arc that would be Filia's. They can put a bit of Litte's, a bit of Theresa's, Karin's and Priecia's on it without problems. Now, for Fel's and Kagura's that would be rather complicated since their's is kind of unique when compared to the others. And just like Cloudnine said, they just can't leave Fel and Kagura as support.

I like the draw style for all the girl excetp for Filia. She looks a bit weird when you compare it to the game's ver. but, I guess they just can't make everyone look just like they do in the game. I'm also curious about how will Hyaweh look in the anime 'cause in the game his look was kind of weird and didn't really match all the other characters though, is not like you see him that much in the game but, in the anime, it's a diferent story. I hope the studio improves his look.

Last edited by johnishida; 2007-02-27 at 02:38.
Old 2007-02-27, 00:38   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Omega kawaii kamo! xP
Eh close enough.
Old 2007-02-28, 00:54   Link #40
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Does anyone have HQ CGs (1280 pixel) of the battle load scenes? I suddenly have the urge to decorate my computers after realizing that I can crop them into yummy widescreen goodness ^^;

There's cookies for grabs :3
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, pajamasoft, romance, rpg, seinen