AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-16, 01:14   Link #921
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
yea season 1's Fate torture was unbearable at first sight...can't believe she was doing all of that just because she couldn't collect all of the jewel seeds...stupid Precia...
Ya i must agree there I was going back and flipping through some of the episodes to re-familiarize myself with some of the story and the first thing I saw was Fate's torture. *shudder* It was no easier to watch a second time than the first if anything is was harder. Precia got off easy if you ask me. I think she deserved a lot worse for what she did to Fate.
Old 2007-05-16, 01:32   Link #922
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I don't condone her mis-treating Fate (both her actions and her personal reasons), but still I pity her.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-16, 01:59   Link #923
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can understand where the pity could be found there. She had a seriously tough life and anyone could feel bad for how things went for her. But when the whip starts flying at a girl who only wished to make her 'mother' happy then the pity hits the floor. Maybe I'm not a forgiving person, I could probably be better in that regard. But I can't let that go.

Spoiler:

So I can see where the sympathy comes from, I just don't have any for Precia. Plenty of people, even some characters have lost people they care about. But you don't see them breaking the laws of nature and then assaulting an innocent child. That woman just got off way too easy.
Old 2007-05-16, 02:16   Link #924
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
I'm glad to see that someone else feel the same way i do about it.
Old 2007-05-16, 04:09   Link #925
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Elio was alright, but Fate surprised me though...i never would have thought she could do that though...well this is 10years after A's, so anything goes...
Didn't she already use Sonic Move in season 1 during her fights with Nanoha? I couldn't be surprised by her increased proficiency with it 10 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
So I can see where the sympathy comes from, I just don't have any for Precia. Plenty of people, even some characters have lost people they care about. But you don't see them breaking the laws of nature and then assaulting an innocent child. That woman just got off way too easy.
Let's take an example: Chrono. He lost his father due to the Yami no Sho, and yet when admiral Graham reveals his plan to freeze the book along with Hayate, he objects to harming an innocent person caught up in the mess, despite his desire for the books destruction.
Old 2007-05-16, 04:13   Link #926
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Didn't she already use Sonic Move in season 1 during her fights with Nanoha? I couldn't be surprised by her increased proficiency with it 10 years later.
It's an upgrade when she can attain that same speed without losing armor.

Quote:
Let's take an example: Chrono. He lost his father due to the Yami no Sho, and yet when admiral Graham reveals his plan to freeze the book along with Hayate, he objects to harming an innocent person caught up in the mess, despite his desire for the books destruction.
Chrono was a different case. His father died when he was only three years old... Probably didn't even understand the meaning of it...

ELEVEN years down the road and with a respectable job, he had learnt to move on and not let it get to him because Chrono was still surrounded by people who cares for him, people who can teach him right from wrong...

Precia however...
Old 2007-05-16, 04:44   Link #927
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

lets see, at the end, Fate turned out to be a living, breathing being...and for Precia to still take out her anger on Fate, back in season 1, was uncalled for.
She gave Fate all of Allicia's memories, thats why she wanted her mother to be happy.
I mean Precia could have just gave Fate fake memories and she would just be a soul less doll walking around collecting jewel seeds. But Precia thought that she needed Allicia's memories, so gave it all to her.
Sure she became all corrupt because of the freak accident, but its still no reason to torture an innocent child about past mistakes or just cause she didn't succeed in her missions.

other than that, I'm just surprised that Fate can move really fast in StrikerS!
Old 2007-05-16, 05:07   Link #928
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Chrono was a different case. His father died when he was only three years old... Probably didn't even understand the meaning of it...

ELEVEN years down the road and with a respectable job, he had learnt to move on and not let it get to him because Chrono was still surrounded by people who cares for him, people who can teach him right from wrong...
Interestingly, through the latter half of A's, I was wondering about Lindy's reaction to the whole Book of Darkness incident. I mean, she lost her husband, and her child lost his father, due to the Book of Darkness.

I'm wondering what was going through her mind when she fired the Arc-en-Ciel.
Old 2007-05-16, 05:12   Link #929
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Interestingly, through the latter half of A's, I was wondering about Lindy's reaction to the whole Book of Darkness incident. I mean, she lost her husband, and her child lost his father, due to the Book of Darkness.

I'm wondering what was going through her mind when she fired the Arc-en-Ciel.
Probably something not family-friendly.

Heh.
Old 2007-05-16, 06:09   Link #930
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's an upgrade when she can attain that same speed without losing armor.
You're mixing up Sonic MOVE (momentary increase in movement speed, the same as Nanoha's Flash Move) with Sonic FORM (a much lighter version of her Barrier Jacket to allow her to move faster under at all times).

And I agree that there was a sympathetic element to Precia, though it can be argued how much slack we should cut her for it. Dr. Spaghetti is probably the first completely unredeemable villain MSLN has come up with.
Old 2007-05-16, 06:16   Link #931
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
And I agree that there was a sympathetic element to Precia, though it can be argued how much slack we should cut her for it. Dr. Spaghetti is probably the first completely unredeemable villain MSLN has come up with.
I will have to note: so far.

We don't know much of Scaglietti's true motives yet.
Old 2007-05-16, 06:17   Link #932
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Of which, I've always wondered how they met...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Probably something not family-friendly.

Heh.
"Ignoring the fact you cost me my husband, I've finally get to do something cool before I retire!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
You're mixing up Sonic MOVE (momentary increase in movement speed, the same as Nanoha's Flash Move) with Sonic FORM (a much lighter version of her Barrier Jacket to allow her to move faster under at all times).
Hmmm, okay maybe not 'upgrade' ... How about I re-phrase it to, "Sonic Move is base off from Sonic Form where she doesn't lose armor but still gains speed though for a short period of time..."

Quote:
Not a chance , I'm almost certain they'll find some way to insert an emo dramatic past scene to explain his actions...

(Wanna bet it's because someone important to him died? )
Old 2007-05-16, 06:23   Link #933
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
I will have to note: so far.

We don't know much of Scaglietti's true motives yet.
except that mr.spaghetti wants his products of Project F, to be returned to him...other than that, multi-dimensional domination or destruction??, or collect as much relics as he can to power up his research...other than that, most likely he wants to capture Elio and Fate.
Old 2007-05-16, 06:26   Link #934
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
except that mr.spaghetti wants his products of Project F, to be returned to him...other than that, multi-dimensional domination or destruction??, or collect as much relics as he can to power up his research...other than that, most likely he wants to capture Elio and Fate.
Well, we don't know why, or for what reason. We don't even know if he's truly evil, or simply amoral.

I'm just encouraging caution. After all, in A's, when did we finally learn (in the anime; manga and Sound Stages do not count) that the Book of Darkness was not a mindless force of hunger?
Old 2007-05-16, 06:32   Link #935
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

yea that is true, we don't have enough proof showing that he truly is evil...
maybe after episode 8 or maybe during episode 8, we might get a little bit more insight on his motives and stuff...
shocking enough in A's that the knights were actually good guys, just mistreated in the past by previous owners of the book, including the book of darkness itself...
Old 2007-05-16, 06:51   Link #936
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
except that mr.spaghetti wants
When I saw the episode, that's what I thought it said for a second when they were zooming in.

So, is this installment of Nanoha going down the same path of saving someone from the dark side who's not really that bad? That's the impression I got after seeing the duo at the end, which I assumed was a product of mr. spaghetti's experiments and he was talking about them. Getting a tad repetitive if it is, but then again it has worked for the previous seasons.

One thing that strikes me as slightly odd is how they're all so overly cheerful, as if they were still kids. They're supposed to be adult now, aren't they? I can't really tell from their general behaviour. Nothing wrong with being cheerful, but it seems a bit much. Guess they wanna keep the cutesy factor intact.
Old 2007-05-16, 07:34   Link #937
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
One thing that strikes me as slightly odd is how they're all so overly cheerful, as if they were still kids. They're supposed to be adult now, aren't they? I can't really tell from their general behaviour. Nothing wrong with being cheerful, but it seems a bit much. Guess they wanna keep the cutesy factor intact.
I'm 19 years old and I still act pretty much like a kid in certain situations, and why not? Just because you're an 'adult' doesn't mean that you should turn into a stiff-face all of a sudden.
Old 2007-05-16, 07:51   Link #938
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Haha, staying in good cheer despite how dark the situation is, perhaps? Good idea!
Old 2007-05-16, 08:02   Link #939
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Haha, staying in good cheer despite how dark the situation is, perhaps? Good idea!
Though technically there's nothing 'dark' about their situation now , so they're free to be happy
Old 2007-05-16, 08:48   Link #940
mdauben

Quote:
yea season 1's Fate torture was unbearable at first sight...can't believe she was doing all of that just because she couldn't collect all of the jewel seeds...stupid Precia...
Spoiler for Precia's Motives:
Closed Thread