Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-25, 06:11   Link #1
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Something that just makes u laugh

Been watching alot of well....depressive anime lately. Things that even tho they are ment to be "happy endings", still seem to make me feel sad when they end. Be it because of the situation of the endings or the fact that its just ended have left a hole.

So im looking for something lighthearted, doesn't have to be comedy but certainly something that has an element of comedy but can be based around another genre......if you get me, kinda like Slam Dunk. Moments in that had me laughing for ages, but it was a sport anime in general. Just something thats good natured and makes u feel good because you've watched it.....which is what comedies tend to do.

Ive watched many of the "main" comedies, such as School Rumble but i guess u could also say the types like Love Hina, the situations he got into were all amusing and you don't get too depressed when it finished.

SO anyone got any recommendations for highly amusing anime?
Old 2006-10-25, 07:08   Link #2
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Azumanga Daioh and Pani Poni Dash are both must-sees if you haven't already. Excel Saga is an insane series that has flatout absurd comedy in such huge quantities you'll probably have to watch a few episodes a night, lest your sides split from too much laughing
Old 2006-10-25, 10:37   Link #3
ImClueless
Rawr

Muteki Kanban Musume and Ouran Host Club are both great comedies from this year. Ouran is a reverse harem series a la Fruits Basket and Muteki is an out and out slapstick fest.
Old 2006-10-25, 13:54   Link #4
Juan Valdez

I think Welcome to the NHK is hysterical, but only if you like twisted humor. There are some who might not consider it a comedy.

I really enjoyed Futakoi Alternative and Ichigo 100% from last year. Both those series kept my thoroughly amused. Futakoi Alternative is... hard to describe. Ichigo 100% is your standard harem comedy, but it's a pretty good one IMHO.

EDIT: Oh yeah.. if you haven't seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I suggest you check it out. Like you said, it makes you feel good just from watching it. One of my favorites from 2006. The first episode might be a little... confusing... however. Make sure you watch at least the first two before making a determination.

Last edited by Juan Valdez; 2006-10-25 at 14:07.
Old 2006-10-25, 13:56   Link #5
Hesquidor

I would have to second "Ouran Host Club ". I'm just watching it just now and it has to be one of the funniest things ever.
Old 2006-10-25, 14:00   Link #6
MamoruUsagi

The manga that made me laugh the hardest was Doubt! It's a manga series, it's one of the only series that can really have you laughing out loud. The threesome in the kitchen scene, there are so many scenes that are so hilarious.

The manga Kare First Love is a romance/drama, but it has some scenes in it that are so hilarious, especially the condom in the chocolate box scene. That was classic.

Absolute Boyfriend is a feel-good manga.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-10-25 at 17:22.
Old 2006-10-25, 18:29   Link #7
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

slayers next, slayers try or slayers if you liked that
akazukin cha cha - definitey will cheer you up..... check out ep 4, 18
jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu - very weird, twisted
Old 2006-10-25, 18:38   Link #8
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

DearS, Azumanga Daioh, these series should be enough...
Not comedy-directly related, try Nadesico. Its a mecha SciFi anime, but damn, you will just go ROFL.
If you want to try something of this season, I recomend Tokimeki Memorial, its just INSANE.
Old 2006-10-25, 19:52   Link #9
miaka

I second on Ouran High School Host Club and Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love. Both comedy set in school.

Some other show you might consider...
magikano - harem, magic girls
inukami - comedy in a "unique" way
Tonagura - light heart romance comedy.
eyeshield 21 - sports comedy (American Football)
Gintama - strongly recomended, comedy based samurai, action, adventure
Old 2006-10-25, 22:35   Link #10
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU! is another comedy anime. Actually it's a pure comedy anime and it's just focus on Kaname and Sousuke's day to day school. It's not really a sequel of FMP. More like a side story.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-10-25, 22:49   Link #11
Ptolemi
Banned

GTO and School Rumble are top of the line.

I suggest you watch School Rumble then a few mediocre ones then GTO. It isn't good to watch two great works of art one after another. It ruins the epic feel and the appreciation. Also you start to compare them too much.

Mediocre would be: DearS, Inukami, Magikano, Zero no Tsukaima, etc and stay the hell away from Love Hina.

Last edited by Ptolemi; 2006-10-25 at 23:16.
Old 2006-10-27, 01:58   Link #12
Jordus

I didnt see ichigo mashimiro mentioned. It had me laughing a lot. Don't forget to watch the trailer for it too. That was also pretty good.
Old 2006-10-27, 19:04   Link #13
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Thnx all for the suggestions, Ive watched all of FMP before, must see i'll admit and also School Rumble and GTO, Both are awesome!

Ouran was really good, but kinda weird when u start thinking of the little guy as a lolicon type of figure (from a guy's perspective anyway ^^')

But i'll deffinatly check out the rest. Shouldn't take me too long to watch, i have a few weeks off
Old 2006-10-27, 19:09   Link #14
tritoch

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge which is a new series that came out this fall. 3 episodes in and I'm wanting for more more more!

Otome wa Boku is another good series. Think Gakuen Heaven meets Strawberry Panic. Very fun series. Also came out this fall.

I have to admit I'm not a fan of pure comedy anime.
Old 2006-10-27, 20:07   Link #15
andromeda0201

Kage Kara Mamoru - sort of making fun of ninjas
Karin - a light hearted story of a vampire that donates blood
Gokusen - the female version of GTO, also funny
Midori no Hibi - think of waking up one day to find your right hand has turned into a girl, hilarious comedy
Yakitate Japan - the reactions will crack you up
Jubei-chan - Yagyu Jubei posessing a girl! silly but fun
Old 2006-10-28, 02:33   Link #16
shmexsay

I agree with everyone who said Ouran, and would also like to add Fruits Basket (the anime). The ending is a bit sad (well, that is, it's one of those "happy endings" that still leave you feeling empty and depressed like you mentioned) but basically everything else of it is HILARIOUS. I don't think I've ever laughed so much while watching an anime. The manga is pretty angsty and depressing though.
Old 2006-10-28, 21:48   Link #17
Morinphen

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu tends to escape most people's radars. Its a pure comedy series and must-watch if you want comedy Check it out
Old 2006-10-28, 22:21   Link #18
MamoruUsagi

Forgot to mention, the cute manga series Happy Hustle High is cheerful and cute. Romance/comedy The couple gets together early on, it's just so cute.

Kare Kano is good, too. It's a fun series you'll probably enjoy.

Ultra Maniac the manga is cute. Still, Happy Hustle High is cuter. The couple is dating early on, they play video games together, kiss a lot, surf, go on dates. The is boyfriend/girlfriend and in a serious relationship and the series is cute and sweet.

Marmalade Boy is 76 episodes and really good, the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend in the middle of the series and is in a steady relationship throughout the series. There is a lot of kissing. The couple's relationship as boyfriend/girlfriend is serious and they are dating for a long time in the series.

Were you watching Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien before this post?

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-10-28 at 22:32.
Closed Thread