AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-06, 08:00   Link #21
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
but sound quite similar
Old 2009-05-06, 10:07   Link #22
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To me, half the female seiyuu sound alike, especially if they are doing the same type of characters.
Old 2009-05-06, 21:09   Link #23
Midonin
Last Engage

I don't know, I find myself able to pick up on the vocal differences more from watching so much anime. (That and reading the cast lists beforehand). Toyosaki's always been a bit more high-pitched than Kawasumi.
Old 2009-05-06, 23:01   Link #24
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Very often, you can tell whether the seiyuu has been around for a while, or (s)he is a rookie. I think K-On is very clearly in the rookie category.
Old 2009-05-07, 09:03   Link #25
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Yeah, I didn't recognize any of their names or voices. I was surprised though. I was sure that "Don't Say Lazy" wasn't actually sung by Mio's seiyuu, but it turns out that it was. She's good.

I guess they really try to avoid having different singing voices for their characters in anime.
Old 2009-05-07, 18:58   Link #26
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Quote:
ery often, you can tell whether the seiyuu has been around for a while, or (s)he is a rookie. I think K-On is very clearly in the rookie category.

TRUTH is , they are all rookies afterall. New in seiyuu field.

Quote:
To me, half the female seiyuu sound alike, especially if they are doing the same type of characters.
might be the point here but still, u can recognize the difference after a while
Old 2009-05-08, 02:20   Link #27
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I was talking about one of the posters being able to tell Kawasumi Ayako from the K-On girls.

Also, some voices among the ladies are very subtlely different.
Old 2009-05-11, 20:42   Link #28
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
Yeah, I didn't recognize any of their names or voices. I was surprised though. I was sure that "Don't Say Lazy" wasn't actually sung by Mio's seiyuu, but it turns out that it was. She's good.

I guess they really try to avoid having different singing voices for their characters in anime.
I totally agree. Her character voice is average, but her performance in the ending is absolutely amazing. I also did i double take when i first read that.
Old 2009-05-14, 23:25   Link #29
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

I shouldn't be surprised about this, since I'm not getting any younger (I don't really think anyone is), but I still find it interesting that apparently all the cast leads are younger than me. I think that may be the first time that's been the case with me; with LS three out of the main four were younger.

Wow, Minako Kotobuki's just 17 and making a name for herself in the seiyuu world. And I thought Aya Hirano was young since she's five years younger than me.
Old 2009-05-14, 23:41   Link #30
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Hirano Aya was 15-16 when she got her first lead role in Kiddy Grade. Watching that series before Haruhi was a wise decision indeed.

Irino Miyu also got his break when he's quite young.
Old 2009-05-16, 09:47   Link #31
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

Question: I remember reading somewhere about the seiyuus not only being able to perform the songs vocally but also instrumentally. And that they were also picked for the roles based on the instruments they play eg. Mio's seiyuu actually plays the bass, Ritsu's plays the drumset etc. Can anyone confirm whether they're true?
Old 2009-05-17, 16:57   Link #32
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Sanada Asami needs to teach the Keionbu girls how to speak on a radio show properly or something, though it's interesting hearing the girls make.... funny noises....

Ergh, I still wanna know what Azunyan is going to sound like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Wow, Minako Kotobuki's just 17 and making a name for herself in the seiyuu world. And I thought Aya Hirano was young since she's five years younger than me.
- Hidaka Rina was fourteen when she voiced Last Order in To Aru Majutsu no Index.
- Tomatsu Haruka was seventeen when she was Sumi in Moetan.
- Hayami Saori is seventeen and she's voicing Saki from Higashi no Eden, though her birthday is May 29th. I think she was sixteen when she voiced Kou from Wagaya no Oinari-sama.
- Nice to see someone mentioning Irino Miyu, who seems to have a lot of roles this spring season. :3

There's a lot of young seiyuu which many people seem to be focusing on if you're not already well known veteran like Inoue Kikuko or Kugimiya Rie. I think most people forget that Sawashiro Miyuki [Shinku in Rozen Maiden, Kurenai in Kurenai, Tsugumi in Kannagi] is only twenty-four - the same age as Hikasa Yoko, I think. I only remember she's the oldest of the four. >_>;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
Question: I remember reading somewhere about the seiyuus not only being able to perform the songs vocally but also instrumentally. And that they were also picked for the roles based on the instruments they play eg. Mio's seiyuu actually plays the bass, Ritsu's plays the drumset etc. Can anyone confirm whether they're true?
I highly doubt they'd be able to play that well after only three months of learning their respective instruments. Kotobuki Minako has played the piano a bit and Sato Satomi knows how to play the guitar, or so I've heard. I mean, maybe if they were able to dedicate a good chunk of their time to practising, I might be able to believe it..... It's just the girls are probably busy with other things, especially with Kotobuki Minako being seveteen and in "sphere" with Toyosaki Aki. D:

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I've been telling the same thing to so many people that I don't remember what I've said where. But with that being said, the girls have been learning how to play their respective instruments since a little before the anime actually aired. They've also played together on K-On!'s radio show, Rajion!, and I've previously posted their latest performances. Quickly skimmed through ep 10 and 11. No playing, but Sawako-sensei/Sanada Asami was the guest for ep 10 and Nodoka/Todo Chie was in ep 11. Hikasa Yoko? also talked about the insert single having multiple karaoke versions having no drum, bass, guitar, or keyboard depending on the track, which I'm sure the musically inclined people will enjoy thoroughly.

What's actually troubling me is that the insert song single says "Performed by Keionbu" whereas the ED single only says "song" from what I remember, unless.... that means they performed the song, which I still quite don't believe. What's nice about the B side of the insert single is that all the girls have singing parts - Kotobuki Minako is the girl singing first and I'm sure you can pick out which voice isn't Toyosaki Aki or Hikasa Yoko. And Hikasa Yoko was right. There are instrumental versions of Fuwa Fuwa Time with one instrument missing, which is actually pretty cool.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-18, 19:04   Link #33
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
makes the anime sounds refreshing It gets pretty tiring hearing the same seiyuus over and over again.
Old 2009-05-24, 22:25   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. Hayami Saori started her debut role as Momoka in the underappreciated Touka Gettan when she was 15.

2. Koshimizu Ami was 14 when she played Nadja in Ashita no Nadja. Hirano Aya was 14 when she played Lumiere in Kiddy Grade.

3. The suddenly popular Azusa (ep8) is played by Takedachi Ayane, who also plays Ako in KissxSis (!). She has a blog. She's 19.

By hashihime
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-24, 22:50   Link #35
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It is important to start young, because who knows how long you'll stay in the C-list before you move to Bs and As.

Koshimizu was 17 when she did Nadja in 2003. (Her birthday is 1986.)
Old 2009-05-25, 10:01   Link #36
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
No, they aren't. All of them has at least a couple of years working as seiyuus.
Old 2009-05-25, 17:57   Link #37
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I have updated my blog post giving info about and pics of the seiyuus and their characters in this show. It used to show just the four main seiyuus, now I have added Ui, Madoka, Sawa-chan and Azusa.

Nodoka's seiyuu, Fujitou Chika, is making her debut. Sawa-chan's is the most experienced: Sanada Asami, who was Di Gi Charat, and recently Kanako in Maria Holic. The four main seiyuus have all worked before. Toyosaki Aki (Yui) has had a couple of good roles, but the others have had only few and minor roles. Ui's seiyuu is having a breakthrough year, with roles here and in two other shows.

yezhanquan is right about Amisuke being 16-17 when she did Nadja and Gunslinger Girl: I should never work purely from memory, lol. She was 14 when she and Sanpei Yuuko started going to school together, I believe.

Azusa's seiyuu, Taketatsu Ayana, also plays Ako, one of the sisters in kissxsis.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-25, 18:52   Link #38
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
posted by kyourin
Quote:
makes the anime sounds refreshing It gets pretty tiring hearing the same seiyuus over and over again.

in fact, they are doing a good job.

poste by Fran
Quote:
No, they aren't. All of them has at least a couple of years working as seiyuus.

thanks for correcting me, but that's not a long experience.
Old 2009-05-25, 19:16   Link #39
Fran~
floating away...

Well, there is a difference between a rookie with one or two previous jobs, with seiyuus who are working for 2 years and even a CD.
Old 2009-05-25, 19:34   Link #40
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Every seiyuu has a debut. However, it's only a selected few who has a debut which really knocks people off their feet. Sakamoto in Escaflowne, anyone?