AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-21, 08:44   Link #61
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The fact the series openly brought up the theory that Kouichi is Another was good as confirming he isn't in my book.
Yupp, I thought the same: there goes my theory about Kouchi being the other.

Quote:
I was wondering how they were going to shoehorn a beach episode in that kind of series, and I think they did a pretty decent job integrating it into the story.
Oh I wish they didnt. Beach episode in a horror series? Fits like a fist on the eye.
Also, Somehow I cannot imagine the class would be in the mood for going to the beach..... I think instead of thinking about fun, they wouldn think about who will die next, so thats that....

Librarian is an interesting character.... but he might be the one with his memories altered the most. He was there from the start, he does extensive research on the subject.... so thats only logical. They shouldnt be going to him for information, he is just messing up their thinking and he sends them in the wrong direction.
Old 2012-02-21, 09:12   Link #62
FateAnomaly

I am sad to say i actually laughed when the blood sprayed to the back.

Nothing much actually happened in this episode except that the main characters are able to finally start working together.

I wonder if the Another is able to actually leave the town. Logically it shouldn't be possible but who knows.
Old 2012-02-21, 09:51   Link #63
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

The first part of the episode was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen, other than that it was a really good episode. Sakakibara is confirmed to probably not being the dead person.
More character interaction, more clues and mysteries, and Misaki finally using her eye while being awesome.

There's no way next episode is going to be a nice and light beach filler, is there?
Old 2012-02-21, 09:57   Link #64
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
We know the calamity was stopped as a result of what that guy did (as you said, most likely murder).....
Yupp, hahaha, lets exorcise him!!

Also, the idea that Kouichi and Mei will go from being ignored to being to being hunted sounds very appealing!!

On a side note, a lot of people keep saying, how they are freaked out watching this anime around midnight and even though I am quite a scaredy cat (I cant watch horror movies at all), I felt totally relaxed watching another.... well until the last epsiode, the dream scene with the bleeding eyes and all that totally freaked me out. Admitedly, it was quite a cheesy horror scene.... but I felt chills running down my spine and felt both the urge and the fear to turn around. Not bad at all... thanks for finally getting a reaction out of me. In fact, I wouldnt mind if they did less splatter and more spooky scenes.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:09   Link #65
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have this crazy as fuck theory as to why Akazawa thinks she's physically met Kouichi before:

Akazawa is the reincarnation/dead of Kouichi's mother, and possibly the Another.

Anyway I was probably high when I thought that, but it does possibly explain why she can't shake the feeling of having met him before.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:17   Link #66
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I have this crazy as fuck theory as to why Akazawa thinks she's physically met Kouichi before:

Akazawa is the reincarnation/dead of Kouichi's mother, and possibly the Another.

Anyway I was probably high when I thought that, but it does possibly explain why she can't shake the feeling of having met him before.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-21, 10:19   Link #67
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Spoiler:
... Okay I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:40   Link #68
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Did you really HAVE to mention that name?
Old 2012-02-21, 10:58   Link #69
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

It never crossed my mind that there will be a beach episode for this anime.

anyway
The homeroom teacher's death is probably the most brutal one I've seen so far. where's the death chart again? how'd it rate Obodera-sensei's death?

Old 2012-02-21, 11:09   Link #70
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post

anyway
The homeroom teacher's death is probably the most brutal one I've seen so far. where's the death chart again? how'd it rate Obodera-sensei's death?
I just looked at the Scoreboard charts and he's not on either so Im thinking the people in charge of it might need to add him to the top of the seating chart where his desk would be.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-21, 11:24   Link #71
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
It never crossed my mind that there will be a beach episode for this anime.

anyway
"Ultra-disgusting".
Old 2012-02-21, 11:32   Link #72
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I just looked at the Scoreboard charts and he's not on either so Im thinking the people in charge of it might need to add him to the top of the seating chart where his desk would be.
is there a site that shows the scoreboard? lol that's weird
if they forgot to add him they should've done so since last week since we've seen him kill himself at the end of the episode

so
does blood flow out like that IRL if you slit your throat that way?
lol why am I asking this question anyway, this is anime for Pete's sake

Old 2012-02-21, 11:46   Link #73
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:

People said that since the first page of this thread itself ._.
In any case, I don't think it makes much sense. Way too farfetched for me.

I much prefer the idea that Izumi is the sister of the guy who died 2 years ago. They had the exact same address, god damn it. She may or not be the another but at this point, I don't really care.

I read a stupid spoiler in the discussion for episode 6 that got removed before anyone else read it that completely ruined this episode for me. FML. Although it didn't tell me the identity of the another or anything that serious for that matter, it told me something that stops me from speculating altogether because I'd be too influenced by what I know. Tsk.

Looking forward to the beach episode. The theory that the another got murdered during the visit to shrine sounds plausible, albeit there may be more to it. But I hope it's not something that simple >_>
Old 2012-02-21, 11:51   Link #74
rakusukira

Koichi and Mei almost... kissed? haha
Old 2012-02-21, 11:54   Link #75
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Looking forward to the beach episode. The theory that the another got murdered during the visit to shrine sounds plausible, albeit there may be more to it. But I hope it's not something that simple >_>
Didnt that guy say he left something there and he saved the class? Unless he means his sanity, it doesnt sound like murder. But hey, I am all in favour of exorcism, it would make this anime interesting.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:02   Link #76
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Didnt that guy say he left something there and he saved the class? Unless he means his sanity, it doesnt sound like murder. But hey, I am all in favour of exorcism, it would make this anime interesting.
Maybe it was the body of Another?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-21, 12:13   Link #77
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Maybe it was the body of Another?
Here's what he says in that scene:
"I saved them all. That's why I had to tell them. That's why I left it there."

In other words, he left something not to save people but to tell "them" about his saving them. What he left was most likely instructions on how to stop the calamity. It could be written instructions or the body of another or whatever.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:18   Link #78
LKK

Quote:
is there a site that shows the scoreboard? lol that's weird
if they forgot to add him they should've done so since last week since we've seen him kill himself at the end of the episode
It's not a site. It's a stickied thread in this forum.
Events Summary (weekly updates): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110228
It hasn't been updated yet with ep 7's death.

Quote:
so
does blood flow out like that IRL if you slit your throat that way?
lol why am I asking this question anyway, this is anime for Pete's sake
Yes, it does if you cut the jugular veins ("internal" & "external") which are the major veins leading from the heart to the brain. Cutting the jugular veins -- which is what the teacher did when he slashed sideways on his throat -- is almost a sure instant death and results in a large spray of blood because the heart is pumping full force into large veins plus there's nothing to prevent the blood from flowing down from the brain and out the slash. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-02-21, 12:26   Link #79
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
It's not a site. It's a stickied thread in this forum.
Events Summary (weekly updates): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110228
It hasn't been updated yet with ep 7's death.
As for the teacher's death it had already been thought, before episode 7 aired, that just adding a box below and naming names (Kubodera-sensei doesn't even appear as minor character in the official site, after all) would be enough.

Now, there's already a v1 chart for episode 7 here, but Kubodera's mother died because of the phenomenon and as such I believe she shall be added. We don't know when she died but certainly this is the episode in which we learn it. That's pretty much the only reason I haven't updated the sticky yet.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:34   Link #80
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

I think it's because they had a fling the summer before.

Tags
horror