AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-26, 00:40   Link #39941
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Like I said before. The elder harem each have a running gag which is actually related to a really serious matter. Natasha's always being at the Orimura home is because she is alienated even in her own country.

It's one of those things where you laugh up until you realize what you're laughing at... :|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 00:42   Link #39942
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

That's quite intense but...

Any explanation how he could even... well, survive? Or chalk it up to awesome-induced manly recovery (TM)

(and no, I'm serious, I used that excuse in one of my fic)
Barriers. Prior to Algolis Shroud's detonation, the secondary Minerva underneath unleashes its full barrier power to shield him from the blast while also breaking off the blade from the vaporizing Golem III.
Old 2013-01-26, 00:42   Link #39943
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Here.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-26, 01:07   Link #39944
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Like I said before. The elder harem each have a running gag which is actually related to a really serious matter. Natasha's always being at the Orimura home is because she is alienated even in her own country.

It's one of those things where you laugh up until you realize what you're laughing at... :|
I knew that trope well

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Barriers. Prior to Algolis Shroud's detonation, the secondary Minerva underneath unleashes its full barrier power to shield him from the blast while also breaking off the blade from the vaporizing Golem III.
So it's like imperfect reactive armor (because the blast is that strong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Here.

Spoiler:
I don't see why this can be problem. While the morality of the character vary, it's still up to the author to decide whether the conflict is meaningful or just there for the sake of drama.

For example, debating about the execution of a mission: it put a strain on the next mission until they repair their bond to acceptable level, or maybe the next mission fail because they didn't and even going so far as trying to kill each other. This meant the conflict is meaningful.

If two character lash out and tried to kill each other for the sake of killing each other, especially if the current plot is dropped for that pointless fight who didn't affect anything or anyone, then it's meaningless conflict.

These two is one of the few examples, this apply to anyone outside protagonist as well, and not only about conflict or struggle either.
Old 2013-01-26, 01:21   Link #39945
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can one consider being forced into an unwanted marriage a serious problem?
Old 2013-01-26, 01:28   Link #39946
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sure thing

How serious and how grave is up to the author of course.
Old 2013-01-26, 01:34   Link #39947
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I wanted beaten into it but I'm not sure how I can pull that off and it might be overboard... degradation by parents?
Old 2013-01-26, 01:53   Link #39948
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Up to you

I purposefully made "Trigger free" fics so far because it's safe. Except one fic that's really the result of frustration converted into sick fantasies.
Old 2013-01-26, 02:16   Link #39949
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For fantasy... yeah... ClarissaXMaya...
Old 2013-01-26, 02:22   Link #39950
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh, I'm also the few guys who's not into yuri
Old 2013-01-26, 03:27   Link #39951
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Kazuma and Celeste constantly goad one another into fighting, and they cooperate the least during missions. This comes to a head when many of them plan to assassins Cecilia; Britain's sole monarch and leader (Yes, I know the Queen doesn't do much in RL).
Old 2013-01-26, 04:31   Link #39952
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
So it's like imperfect reactive armor
Not sure what you meant there, Zero.
Old 2013-01-26, 04:45   Link #39953
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Reactive armor explode outward but the thick plating under the explosive made th vehicle unharmed

Imagine if it's a little too thin
Old 2013-01-26, 06:04   Link #39954
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Someone please punch me

Two metals that I imagine but cannot find to be useful other than rule of cool:

-First is ignitable metal

-Second is a metal that basically has a crystalline structure that resonate with each other like a tuning fork.
Old 2013-01-26, 06:32   Link #39955
Eratas123

@ Demi - Depends. Can the first metal melt? Dousing your opponent in it and then smacking him with a lit match would be really useful.
Old 2013-01-26, 07:24   Link #39956
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Thing is that it can't melt. It has a low ignition point but melting point is quite a ways higher. It catalyzes oxidation but doesn't exactly burn as fuel. So the metal is technically not burning but the metal is where burning occurs...

That sounded a lot less complicated/convoluted in my head.
Old 2013-01-26, 07:32   Link #39957
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Reactive armor explode outward but the thick plating under the explosive made th vehicle unharmed

Imagine if it's a little too thin
Actually there's barely any heavy plating sandwiched between the Shroud armor and the Minerva.

When in use, the Shroud does not use barrier for defense. The barrier is exclusive to the Minerva within the armor that will automatically trigger upon the Shroud's destruction, covering the secondary Minerva with a very thick barrier to make sure it's completely shielded from the dense particle discharge caused when the Shroud goes boom.
Old 2013-01-26, 07:49   Link #39958
demino_hellsin
That one guy

reactive barrier yay?
Old 2013-01-26, 07:56   Link #39959
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

You can put it that way, I suppose. But even with the barrier on, the blade remains impaled into his body since it's covered by the barrier as well.
Old 2013-01-26, 09:07   Link #39960
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm... what if there were a character that was practically evil violent slavedriver when sleep deprived, perfectly adorable and fresh when well rested?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest