AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-19, 12:24   Link #501
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
The problem with the game is that there is no super hard level that takes ages to beat.
There is, you have to unlock it.

What i really want to know is the translation for the options on the training mode. I've got most of them from seeing what happens when i set them. Also i was wondering if anyone knew what the hell the handicaps do that you can select when choosing a stage.
Check my signature for a complete translation of all menu's and handicaps.

Thanks
You're welcome.
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 18:31   Link #502
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

hmm.. as what ive seen in the official site, naruto 2 in ps2 has a whole lot of jutsus and stuff.. like rasengan and blah blah..
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 03:46   Link #503
kakashilion
has big feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL|MegaMika
The problem with the game is that there is no super hard level that takes ages to beat.
There is, you have to unlock it.
and how do you do that. I've completed storymode but could you tell me this other hard level. That guide was really helpful. But when i was going through it there was quite a few sections that i didn't have on my game but theres nothing in the shop so i obviously need to unlock it.

The things that were missing were : the three player mode in multiplayer and single mode. oh and i don't have damage level 4. Thats it.

in the handicaps section, what exactly does "seal" mean whe saying "seal opponents jump". Does it mean they just can't jump? Oh and whats a tech. roll.

Quote:
Dauthi
The only one thats the same out of the characters is Mizuki, everyone else, although slightly simliar, has a much different playing style and combos, but you have to play the game more to see this.

Also you obviously havnt played the game in lvl 4 difficulty.. its REALLY tough >.<.
Well there is quite a difference between sharingan and normal sasuke i.e. use of chidori. I was thinking they might use the shuriken windmill thing. Kakashi and sharigan kakashi does have a few seprate combos. But for some reason they got rid of his 10000 years of pain attack with back + A.

oh and i agree level 4 is tuogh but what i'm saying is that you don't have to complete level 4 to finish the game. If the last story mode would have been two level 4 v. player. Well that would have been a challenge.
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 06:22   Link #504
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
and how do you do that.
No idea, I unlocked it long ago, it just appeared after some hours of playing in different modes. Maybe one of the FAQs at GameFAQs knows about this. But note: difficulty 4 is incredibly hard.

The things that were missing were : the three player mode in multiplayer
Just press START after selecting 3 characters, voila!

in the handicaps section, what exactly does "seal" mean whe saying "seal opponents jump". Does it mean they just can't jump?
Yes, it means theu cannot use the move mentioned.

Oh and whats a tech. roll.
When you are knocked through the air, pressing BACK + some buttons (don't know which, I press them all at once), your character will do a roll instead of bounching to the ground, which makes him/her get up faster.
Old 2004-07-20, 07:25   Link #505
kakashilion
has big feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL|MegaMika
No idea, I unlocked it long ago, it just appeared after some hours of playing in different modes. Maybe one of the FAQs at GameFAQs knows about this.
do you know what this special mode is called. Or could you describe the picture it uses. Or where i would find it in the main menu.

if you go to page 4 of that helpful guide you showed me i don't have the first text that is in blue. And i don't have the text in blue on page 5.
i think one of them is a bit more than just selecting three charcaters and pressing start.

oh and i dunno if you accidentally missed it in my last post but i was also wondering if you knew about how to get damage level 4. EDIT -> just realised they were sitting in the shop ready to but...oops

Thanks very much for the info, its been really helpful. GameFaqs really only has pretty basic info.

Last edited by kakashilion; 2004-07-20 at 07:47.
Old 2004-07-20, 09:08   Link #506
aliensquare

hey
how come all the alamar URLs dont work
i wanna see zabuza and some other people

well, i guess they didnt want me to see them.
is it THAT bad????
oh alright! i give up!
aliensquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 11:10   Link #507
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Well there is quite a difference between sharingan and normal sasuke i.e. use of chidori. I was thinking they might use the shuriken windmill thing. Kakashi and sharigan kakashi does have a few seprate combos. But for some reason they got rid of his 10000 years of pain attack with back + A.

oh and i agree level 4 is tuogh but what i'm saying is that you don't have to complete level 4 to finish the game. If the last story mode would have been two level 4 v. player. Well that would have been a challenge.
Actually Sasuke can also jump and use his special to throw the fire shirikens at a large area [great for 4 player]. Besides that, his damage modifier, and defense modifier are different. Some of his combos have different delays as well.

Kakashi's sharingan can also copy the others special as they try to use it, with back A used at the right time. You cant however copy bloodline abilities etc.

Sure you dont have to beat lvl 4 difficulty, however its fun to try, and takes a lot of hard work.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 10:13   Link #508
KingofWac

Anyone else besides me think level 4 computers are easy? When I first got this game I was overwhelmed by them but me and my brother have taken this game to a new level, mastering how to evade at the right times, lots of jumping movements to get behind the persons back, varying speeds of combo's to fool the other person/computer that you stopped only to leave them wide open.

The more I play this game the more I find out, at first it seems really simple, but there is far more to this game then simple A and B mashing even though it appears to be that way.

By the way, sharigan sasuke and regular sasuke are A LOT different. I never lose with sharigan sasuke because he has great moves for every situation. I feel his chidori is pretty useless but his air special (when you press X in the air) is extremely useful at certain times, hell I killed 2 people at once with it! It doesn't do that much damage but its great in certain situations, for instance if the person is low on health it is almost impossible to dodge. Also you can do a combo such as BBBBBB and with the right placement release X after the final hit and do some serious damage when they are still falling.

This game is probably one of my favorite for gamecube next to Mario Kart and Smash Brothers.
KingofWac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 17:29   Link #509
kakashilion
has big feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Actually Sasuke can also jump and use his special to throw the fire shirikens at a large area [great for 4 player]. Besides that, his damage modifier, and defense modifier are different. Some of his combos have different delays as well.
Kakashi's sharingan can also copy the others special as they try to use it, with back A used at the right time. You cant however copy bloodline abilities etc.
for my excuse i've only had the game a few weeks but i just realised about kakashi's counter and sasukes other special. Oh and just found out that lee can open the gates and do a super special.

sharingan kakashi/sasuke and normal kakashi/sasuke seem very different to me now.
Old 2004-07-22, 00:42   Link #510
Saizuchi
Digital Revolver EX

Send a message via AIM to Saizuchi Send a message via MSN to Saizuchi Send a message via Yahoo to Saizuchi
I have Naruto Narultimate Fight but this looks way better hehe.
Saizuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 03:13   Link #511
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
for my excuse i've only had the game a few weeks but i just realised about kakashi's counter and sasukes other special. Oh and just found out that lee can open the gates and do a super special.

sharingan kakashi/sasuke and normal kakashi/sasuke seem very different to me now.
You should try Kiba aswell, he's my third character with kakashi and sasuke.
Old 2004-07-23, 21:13   Link #512
ryandonz
I Love Naruto!

Send a message via MSN to ryandonz
Hi, i have a couple of questions to ask before buying the game. Thanks!

1. I live in Australia and would like to buy it in a store (not on-line and on PS2 not gamecube) when will it be availible?

2. What shops will it be availible at? and more importantly when is the release date for the FULL ENGLISH version in Australia
ryandonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 22:38   Link #513
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Good to see the games are getting some attention, I just played Naruto 2 for GC again, I still can't get into that game, feels like a simplified Bloody Roar, which I wasn't a fan of, it was too easy to dominate. But luckily it's a Naruto game, so I play it every now and then, but for the most part, my GC collects dust altogether, though I am waiting on Metriod Prime 2.

Ordered another fliptop, and I have Narutimate Hero, though this is more of a Power Stone, like GC Naruto, playing by yourself can get boring. But bring Narutimate Hero to a party, you'll have a blast. I just use Neji most of the time, and when I do my level 3 super, some of my friends can input the buttons quick enough, but the others can't, so as soon as the super starts, most throw down the controller. Haha,

I had this one guy, come from his dorm to ours on the other side of USC with a case of Soda, chips and a 20G harddrive, betting that stuff off that he can beat me using Sasuke. then he went on to "explain" how the Sharingan can copy anything blah blah, so Neji is screwed. I do my level 2, he inputs quick enough...........Oh!!! Wait a minute, Byakugan is activated, every punch is draining you sucka! "What's wrong with my chakra?! Did you use a code?!!?" No man, I'm using Jyuuken now......you're screwed for a while. Fight still going on, me winning, but we're both low on life. He tries to do his lvl 2 super........misses, I counter with my Level 3...........Game over either if he can input fast enough or not. Ironically, he messes up both times ending the match. I now have a 20gig Harddrive, that I've dumped my backup programs and stuff to.

If you like Naruto get either game, if you're a big fighting game person like me, you won't like GC outside the fact it's Naruto, and you really won't like Narutimate Hero, if you want some games to just have fun with friends, you can't go wrong with either.

Narutimate Hero (PS2) Cost me a whole 3 bucks, and GC Naruto 2, my girl bought for me.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 03:12   Link #514
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 Announced!!

Great news everyone... though I can't confirm for sure... Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 has been announced and scheduled for release this Christmas season...

here are screenshots from a magazine scan (kindly posted by juntaruto from the gamefaqs message boards):

Choji, Pervert Sannin, Temari
Temari

I haven't read anything on MagicBox about this game... but the scans show that the game does exist... though it seems the backgrounds are the same as Naruto 2... which can mean that it's still early in the development... I hoping for more than just three new characters... actually, I'm hoping that we just don't get an updated Naruto 2 with just new characters as opposed to introducing new gameplay elements... anyways... this is good news nevertheless!
Old 2004-08-01, 05:44   Link #515
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
Great news everyone... though I can't confirm for sure... Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 has been announced and scheduled for release this Christmas season...
Yes, that's confirmed. Scans like that also appeared for GNT2.

here are screenshots from a magazine scan (kindly posted by juntaruto from the gamefaqs message boards):

Choji, Pervert Sannin, Temari
Temari
Let's call him ero-sennin or Jiraiya ^_^

I haven't read anything on MagicBox about this game... but the scans show that the game does exist... though it seems the backgrounds are the same as Naruto 2... which can mean that it's still early in the development...
They just take GNT2 and add a whole lot of things, just as they did for the second game.

I hoping for more than just three new characters...
No-one knew all the characters GNT2 had before the release. They will add more and more, but give almost no information about them until the game hits the shelves in Japan. Yes that sucks but we can't do anything about it.

actually, I'm hoping that we just don't get an updated Naruto 2 with just new characters as opposed to introducing new gameplay elements...
It will be an updated version, and like you I hope they add some cool new features like the four-player battle boosted the gameplay of GNT2.

anyways... this is good news nevertheless!
Indeed it is!
1234567890 <-- 10 characters needed to post this message.
Old 2004-08-01, 06:12   Link #516
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

sweet, I'm glad the 3rd game is going to come out soon, I just hope they throw alot more characters in and add a little bit more depth to it *breaks down from excitement*
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 06:50   Link #517
FreakyEyes

Ah finally, that's something I have been waiting. I'm a bit bored playing GNT2 all the time, need some new characters and hopefully some new gameplay elements too... Though I fear this is again just an "update", well, I can live with that.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 10:42   Link #518
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Am I the only one that think PS2's narutimette hero games graphics looks really crappy? Its way to edgy and stuff.
I've got Naruto2 for GC, and its awesome.. Though, a bit easy even on level 4, but a great multiplayer game.
Though I would rather have seen a "Chuunin Exam" game, without all the jounins, iruka, orochimaru, akamaru and karasu, and instead put in more genins like tenten, shino, chouji, dosu, zaku, kin, temari and perhaps oboro :).
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 12:32   Link #519
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
Am I the only one that think PS2's narutimette hero games graphics looks really crappy? Its way to edgy and stuff.
I've got Naruto2 for GC, and its awesome.. Though, a bit easy even on level 4, but a great multiplayer game.
Though I would rather have seen a "Chuunin Exam" game, without all the jounins, iruka, orochimaru, akamaru and karasu, and instead put in more genins like tenten, shino, chouji, dosu, zaku, kin, temari and perhaps oboro .
I totally agree with you, Naruto2 for GC is the best . I cant wait till they announce the 3rd one.
Old 2004-08-01, 13:43   Link #520
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
I cant wait till they announce the 3rd one.
---____---