AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-10, 10:36   Link #61
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Well, it's everything that should happen but probably won't.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2006-12-10, 12:36   Link #62
VetaMega

Isn't it 25 episodes? It says so on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_Ge..._the_Rebellion
Old 2006-12-10, 13:40   Link #63
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Other thing, to the best of our knowledge, there is no such thing as a Project Ragnarok - it's just a metaphor the Emperor made in Episode 01 when Lelouch received the power of Geass. I believe it just refers to a major battle, a sort of showdown, that would take place sometime soon.
Old 2006-12-10, 13:52   Link #64
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and if anyone is interesting on the meaning of Ragnarok << here it is...maybe it can be a clue to whats gonna happen :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-10, 17:05   Link #65
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Well, it's everything that should happen but probably won't.
It's everything you want to happen.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-12-10, 21:29   Link #66
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Partly true. It's everything that I think should happen but my list of things that I want to happen looks much more different. It goes something like this

a) Kill off suzaku
b) Kill off lacus
c) Milly becomes Lulus empress and manages his harem

Old 2006-12-10, 22:31   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Now thats one hell of a personal list. Its a good think we all don't start doing this, or we'll have a lovely flame war. :3

*coughs out loud*

A) Nunally should not die, though its Sunrise.. ;_;
Old 2006-12-10, 22:46   Link #68
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I don't think Sunrise has a habit of killing off little sisters, except in GSD. plus if Nanali died, what would happen to Lelouch? he'd either go into a depressive stupor or try to destroy the world

Old 2006-12-11, 07:49   Link #69
Alexis
Serpent Holder

Well, the series is indeed 25 eps to my knowledge, if we are to believe http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/962/time, though there's a mistake since there will be no ep on Dec 28th, whatever.

But I admit that apart from all that was listed in evil plushie's "list of thingsthat need explanation", I would like to know why Clovis is still in the OP sequence if he is well and truly ded. I know they buried him, but having my fair share of Sunrise survivals of the "absolutely dead" (I am still trying to get over Neo's case in GSD, and Mai-Otome showed things that go against anything to do with anatomy or physics), and considering the magical survival of C.C. and Suzaku (ok we knew they were not dead, but anyway), I would really NOT be surprised to see Clovis all alive and kicking at some point.

The truth is that he had a rather small role in the first two eps and still he had a fair presence in the first version of the OP sequence and still has it in the new one. This really raises my suspicions that there might be something fishy in Area 11 (or Britania).

Oh and I also don't believe Nanali would bite the dust. But if she does, then Lelouch would be like a lose cannon, and it would be one hell of a show to see.
Old 2006-12-11, 07:54   Link #70
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
... I would like to know why Clovis is still in the OP sequence if he is well and truly ded...
That's Schneizel, not Clovis, in the second OP animation.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-12-11 at 08:15.
Old 2006-12-11, 08:26   Link #71
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Sonhex's right; Clovis wasn't even seen in the first OP animation, nor the ED.

Edit: What interests me regarding the new OP animation is the appearance of a winged figure, in what appears to be C.C.'s vision. Can this winged figure be a reference to an ancient mythological figure of the past? Of course it might not be such a reference at all, but the winged figure struck me as being significant nonetheless.

Last edited by metamorphic; 2006-12-11 at 08:41.
Old 2006-12-11, 12:54   Link #72
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Edit: What interests me regarding the new OP animation is the appearance of a winged figure, in what appears to be C.C.'s vision. Can this winged figure be a reference to an ancient mythological figure of the past? Of course it might not be such a reference at all, but the winged figure struck me as being significant nonetheless.
I'm not sure it's a winged figure. If you look closely, it's a silhouette merged with the V-like sigil C.C. has on her forehead, so I'm not really certain it's wings here or if it's just for symbolism. But then again, it might be.
It's just that right now I believe the unknown figure to be Lelouch since he's the only one, apart from C.C., related to the V-like symbol.

Side note: for me it reminded me more of Neon Genesis Evangelion's OP and the EoE movie with the winged Unit 01 floating with a red backdrop...
Old 2006-12-11, 16:18   Link #73
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Now thats one hell of a personal list. Its a good think we all don't start doing this, or we'll have a lovely flame war. :3

*coughs out loud*

A) Nunally should not die, though its Sunrise.. ;_;
Im not one for killing off annoying crippled blind little girls (at least not when someone is watching ) But Shiroth has a point.

anyway maybe someone already touch on this but i havent seen it so im asking anyway. has anyone seen any evidence to support that LuLu Geass might have a time limit? i dont mean time limit on effects i mean time limit on how long he will be able to use it.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2006-12-11 at 20:47.
Old 2006-12-11, 16:40   Link #74
Sirmackerel

He's tested the length by having that one girl carve a symbol on the wall every day, and so far, it hasn't worn out.
Old 2006-12-11, 16:56   Link #75
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel View Post
He's tested the length by having that one girl carve a symbol on the wall every day, and so far, it hasn't worn out.
He wasn't talking about how long the victims could remain under Lelouch's control...he was referring to Lelouch himself as well as his use of Geass. The question here is whether the Power of Geass can only be used for a certain time (say, for example, a full year, then bye-bye, Power of Geass) then will wear off or if doesn't have a time limit.

If you want a comparison with real life, well, think of the PoG as a shareware with a 40-day trial, after which the program automatically locks up or uninstalls itself unless you decide to buy it.

But anyway, no, I don't think the Power of Geass is an ephemeral gift but one question brings another - if Lelouch succeeds in bringing down Britannia and if he actually succeeds in fulfilling C.C.'s dearest wish, would C.C. actually take back what she loaned to him or would she leave it with him for the rest of his life as a reward for his cooperation?
Old 2006-12-11, 18:57   Link #76
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm...when i think of a contract between C.C and lulu i think of boths sides gaining something until one side drops out (ie dies)...
so i would think that the power of geass would remain on lulu as long as C.C is still alive...
as for after when C.C achieves her goals (if she ever) its difficult to think whether she will take back the power or let lulu keep it...or in fact would the power of geass just disappear as C.C has fulfilled her "mission"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-11, 19:41   Link #77
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and if anyone is interesting on the meaning of Ragnarok << here it is...maybe it can be a clue to whats gonna happen :3
Hmm? So in this case 'Ragnarok' might just be the Emperor's fancy term for pitting his children against each other until there's only one left to take the throne? If that's the case, and assuming they continue to run with the imagery I guess that would make Clovis Baldur and Lelouch Loki?

I wonder why that quote was shown when Lulu recieved his power? Was it something Lelouch heard from his father as a child? Or is the memory CCs? You think the Emperor could have intended Lelouch to gain the power of Geass the whole time as a way of speeding up his children's attempts to kill each other? I mean she must have been taken to Japan for a reason, though I admit my reasoning is far-fetched at this point.
Old 2006-12-11, 20:03   Link #78
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I don't think Sunrise has a habit of killing off little sisters, except in GSD. plus if Nanali died, what would happen to Lelouch? he'd either go into a depressive stupor or try to destroy the world
Well, Clamp does have a habit of killing of cute imoutos. It happened in X/1999. So if you have a project where both production houses had killed off the imouto of the main character at least once...what's the odd of it not happening?

I can see it as one of the events...they're going to pull a Hughes on us!

I'm even willing to bet that Orange-kun pulls the dirty deed.
Old 2006-12-11, 20:54   Link #79
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
He wasn't talking about how long the victims could remain under Lelouch's control...he was referring to Lelouch himself as well as his use of Geass. The question here is whether the Power of Geass can only be used for a certain time (say, for example, a full year, then bye-bye, Power of Geass) then will wear off or if doesn't have a time limit.

If you want a comparison with real life, well, think of the PoG as a shareware with a 40-day trial, after which the program automatically locks up or uninstalls itself unless you decide to buy it.

But anyway, no, I don't think the Power of Geass is an ephemeral gift but one question brings another - if Lelouch succeeds in bringing down Britannia and if he actually succeeds in fulfilling C.C.'s dearest wish, would C.C. actually take back what she loaned to him or would she leave it with him for the rest of his life as a reward for his cooperation?
Good point right now Lelouch is important to her plans she needs him to fulfill her wish, and the best way to do that is leaving the Geass with him. It very plausible that once she got whats she wanted she could take it away. But thats also assuming that she CAN take it back. It could be one of those things where she can give it too a person but cant take it back and can only give the power to 1 person at a time. Also if Lelouch (god i hate typing his name) did succeed and bring down Britanna how long would he survive without it if there were any survivors to the old regime left just a thought. Thanks Renegade
Old 2006-12-11, 20:56   Link #80
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11 View Post
Well, Clamp does have a habit of killing of cute imoutos. It happened in X/1999. So if you have a project where both production houses had killed off the imouto of the main character at least once...what's the odd of it not happening?

I can see it as one of the events...they're going to pull a Hughes on us!

I'm even willing to bet that Orange-kun pulls the dirty deed.
Gomen for the double post guys. but if they fucking pull a Hughes on us im gonna lose it. I dont think i could take another one of those that death depressed me for a full week.

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers