AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 18:53   Link #1041
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Nina has a lover in the story, other than Layfon?
Old 2012-12-14, 19:14   Link #1042
sky black swordman

^ WHAT?! First I don't think Nina and Layfon were ever lovers, althought I do thin she likes him.
And second she has someone else she likes ?!
Old 2012-12-14, 19:35   Link #1043
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ WHAT?! First I don't think Nina and Layfon were ever lovers, althought I do thin she likes him.
And second she has someone else she likes ?!
Haven't heard any of that, even though I dislike the slow progression of the story and the main character having only development mentally, I still follow up on this story. Johnny and shmaster would have said something about Nina having a second love interest considering they read up to the latest update.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 14:23   Link #1044
tms

It would be Dixerio. He shows up on Valentines day in front of Nina and teaches her that move. He's quite a stalker lol
tms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 14:29   Link #1045
WarStalkeR

So, what's the current progress with Leerin x Layfon? I mean already 22 volumes out, so I interested what happened with them? Because something happened definitely between Leerin and Layfon, I can tell it from volume 21's illustrations, I will be really grateful if somebody will explain me what happened.

Last edited by WarStalkeR; 2012-12-22 at 14:44.
WarStalkeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:11   Link #1046
sky black swordman

^ Leerin x Layfon? Yeah, it is highly doubtful that will happen now. It's more like Felli x Layfon.
For more that just go a few pages back. The spoilers for volume 22 start on page 50.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:37   Link #1047
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Layfon doesn't have a clue that Nina likes him. Or is he just playing dumb?
Old 2012-12-22, 23:43   Link #1048
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Layfon doesn't have a clue that Nina likes him. Or is he just playing dumb?
He is actually very dense, quite surprising he is a genius when it comes to fighting. I am waiting for Layfon to retake his role as a main character for some time now. For some time now, he remained relatively the same or even weaker of his former self. He seldom show emotions. The only progress that Layfon has recently is mentally, while other characters such as Nina has surpass the strength of many others and is now ranked first or second as the strongest character in the series. Its not that I have disdain for Nina, but Layfon has been increasingly very very hard to keep interest in as he doesn't develop in strength and has taken the role of a side character.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:50   Link #1049
veritatis cupitor

i personally like layfon's character. so much so that if he remains a side character till end i'll be gravely disappointed with the story.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:51   Link #1050
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
He is actually very dense, quite surprising he is a genius when it comes to fighting. I am waiting for Layfon to retake his role as a main character for some time now. For some time now, he remained relatively the same or even weaker of his former self. He seldom show emotions. The only progress that Layfon has recently is mentally, while other characters such as Nina has surpass the strength of many others and is now ranked first or second as the strongest character in the series. Its not that I have disdain for Nina, but Layfon has been increasingly very very hard to keep interest in as he doesn't develop in strength and has taken the role of a side character.
Essentially as he is right now he's hit the plateau of his character arc. I like when characters grow mentally but I agree with you that they have to grow as a whole or else we're gonna lose interest in them.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:56   Link #1051
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Essentially as he is right now he's hit the plateau of his character arc. I like when characters grow mentally but I agree with you that they have to grow as a whole or else we're gonna lose interest in them.
If you think about Layfon's talent in fighting it is strange that he didn't become stronger. Layfon, unlike majority of many characters in the series, trained to become strong in a really short amount of time. Layfon has the ability to learn fighting styles and tactics by just looking at them being perform. Also frustrating is that when he got beat up by his teacher and had his heart torn by the women he protected and loved for many years, he doesn't use that as a motivation to become stronger. Instead in the course of several volumes after that event, he just becomes depress and laments of what has happen. He has no shown much motivation to become stronger at all and accepted his role.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:59   Link #1052
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
If you think about Layfon's talent in fighting it is strange that he didn't become stronger. Layfon, unlike majority of many characters in the series, trained to become strong in a really short amount of time. Layfon has the ability to learn fighting styles and tactics by just looking at them being perform. Also frustrating is that when he got beat up by his teacher and had his heart torn by the women he protected and loved for many years, he doesn't use that as a motivation to become stronger. Instead in the course of several volumes after that events, he just becomes depress and laments of what has happen. He has no shown much motivation to become stronger at all and accepted his role.
He has the perfect motivation to become stronger but he's happy where he is. He'd rather brood than actually do something about it. I haven't read any of the novels in a while but just hearing that makes me frustrated with him.
Old 2012-12-23, 00:00   Link #1053
sky black swordman

@ReaperxKingx, Agreed.
Felli should confess her love to Layfon, and then maybe Layfon will have a reason to get stronger.
Old 2012-12-23, 00:04   Link #1054
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

@sky black swordsman Any reason for him to progress forward would be good.
Old 2012-12-23, 00:06   Link #1055
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
He has the perfect motivation to become stronger but he's happy where he is. He'd rather brood than actually do something about it. I haven't read any of the novels in a while but just hearing that makes me frustrated with him.
No, he has the ability to become stronger rather quickly. He had little to no motivation to become stronger. You are correct with him brooding to much, it was really depressing to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
@ReaperxKingx, Agreed.
Felli should confess her love to Layfon, and then maybe Layfon will have a reason to get stronger.
That is the only thing that is making me follow this series thus far. I seldom and I mean seldom rip characters apart, but Layfon is at the top my frustrating character list.
Old 2012-12-23, 00:09   Link #1056
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

It's really frustrating because aside from this problem Layfon is really likeable.
Old 2012-12-23, 00:20   Link #1057
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
It's really frustrating because aside from this problem Layfon is really likeable.
Layfon is frustrating, but he was likable when I first picked up on the series. Now that likable is disappearing since well 14 volumes ago, I only keep reading the series in hopes he becomes stronger and progress his relationship with Felli.
Old 2012-12-23, 21:56   Link #1058
veritatis cupitor

Quote:
Layfon is frustrating, but he was likable when I first picked up on the series. Now that likable is disappearing since well 14 volumes ago, I only keep reading the series in hopes he becomes stronger and progress his relationship with Felli.
the way new volumes are going, he may progress in his relationship with felli but being stronger seems unattainable. even if someone's death makes him to fight, lack of weapon will forever haunt him. may be we won't have to follow the series for long. except his odd, sometimes frustrating, way of thinking, i find the character very likable.
Old 2012-12-23, 22:02   Link #1059
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritatis cupitor View Post
the way new volumes are going, he may progress in his relationship with felli but being stronger seems unattainable. even if someone's death makes him to fight, lack of weapon will forever haunt him. may be we won't have to follow the series for long.
I still think there is a way for Layfon to become stronger. There are ways the author could explore to give Layfon a chance to do so. It certainly didn't help that the author wrote several short stories volumes when the plot appeared to be heading into a good direction. Overall, a good author can only be good as his imagination. Its up to the author if he can deliver a good product. When I first start reading this series, it was a great enjoyment. That slowly change midway to drastically changing when the main character doesn't feel like a main character, hardly any progression in his character, and the fact the author felt like he was stalling for time when he wrote back to back short story volumes.
Old 2012-12-24, 22:32   Link #1060
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Maybe the author doesn't know what to do with Layfon right now?

Tags
fantasy, shounen