AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-04-28, 00:31   Link #1061
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Hey, are we exaggerating a bit here...
No, I am obviously completely serious and going to report this for the Tokyo youth law. Think of the children!!!11

Quote:
Minko made a poor choice in words, and tries to work on
Yea, but I'm just describing just episode 1, and hey, what else would one assume?

Quote:
As for the the second, how can fiction victimize a person
Oh come on, some creep writing about her in that kind of way is quite scarring. ;p Or should I say victimized by the script writers?

The most important issue is however.... make your bets for episode 5!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 00:49   Link #1062
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
No, I am obviously completely serious and going to report this for the Tokyo youth law. Think of the children!!!11
The fact that there is such a law supported by the general public is partially responsible for me, always checking

Quote:
Yea, but I'm just describing just episode 1, and hey, what else would one assume?
That she has less talent as an orator than Ishihara@post-tsunami

Quote:
Oh come on, some creep writing about her in that kind of way is quite scarring. ;p Or should I say victimized by the script writers?
At least it was more tastefull, than another fanfic about a poor kouhai being gangraped by his club's members Doesn't the anime take place in modern Japan, they should have at least checked once Comiket's catalogue

Quote:
The most important issue is however.... make your bets for episode 5!
What about sexual harassment from her classmates, since they expect girls from cities to be loose
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 00:57   Link #1063
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
The fact that there is such a law supported by the general public is partially responsible for me, always checking
Right, you should be ashamed of yourself thinking you deserve privacy in your own room. Or that laws should make sense.

Quote:
That she has less talent as an orator than Ishihara@post-tsunami
Worst. PR. Ever.

Quote:
At least it was more tastefull, than another fanfic about a poor kouhai being gangraped by his club's members Doesn't the anime take place in modern Japan, they should have at least checked once Comiket's catalogue
Well, many things are most tasteful than WMDs

Quote:
What about sexual harassment from her classmates, since they expect girls from cities to be loose
Not bad. Now from who? Hopefully it's not the whole class.

*Randomly throws a dart * Yuina's personality is fake-- she's actually all for Ohana; insert bath scene here. Yum.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 08:05   Link #1064
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
From ANN : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...s-reservations

Quote:
working real-life phone number for the hot spring inn in the Hana-Saku Iroha anime now takes "reservations" — via the part-time worker Nako Oshimizu, as voiced by Aki Toyosaki.
This is EPIC!
Old 2011-04-30, 11:50   Link #1065
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Eh, I watched the first 4 episodes of this, pretty good, but It didn't really strike me as something that needed it's own subforum. I must be mising something...
Old 2011-04-30, 12:54   Link #1066
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just picked up this one the other day on a friend's recommendation, and I am glad I did! I am enjoying it quite a bit thus far.
Old 2011-05-01, 03:17   Link #1067
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I really don't see Ohana as someone who would be more worried about being embarrassed than simply getting out of being tied up, in bondage, by a creepy stranger who is writing her into erotic fiction (and may well try to rape her, given all of the above, as far as Ohana knows).
Ended up rewatching episode 3 with some friends, so I paid close attention to the scene in question and revised my opinion as a result. Cross posted with episode 3 thread:

Spoiler for episode 3 discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I keep finding myself surprised how people took it that way. Because this isn't all that weird, imo.

I mean, I don't even consider myself cynical or jaded, but I can totally buy a mother like Ohana's, who would be willing to send Ohana off to live with another relative while she runs off with her boyfriend to help him avoid debt collectors. There's nothing the least bit unrealistic that I find in any of that.

There are mothers like Ohana's. There are plenty of guys who get into serious debt issues (I personally know people who claimed personal bankruptcy). There are people who run inns.

It's a slightly unusual confluence of circumstances, but neither individual part of it is that out of the ordinary, imo.
To me, "unusual confluence" combined with the "out of the blue" delivery and the way Ohana's response combined deadpan humour and "I'm used to this kind of thing" made it comical. And the introduction of the uncle and Tomoe certainly felt as comical in tone as anything in episode 3.

I see both the initial story premise and the episode with the writer as being "possible but unusual" situations. From my point of view, aside from the inn staff easily forgiving Jiromaru and the fact he somehow managed to tie up and gag a girl without anyone noticing (the way I understand it, struggling makes rope bondage both difficult and dangerous), there's not a lot of flat out unrealistic stuff in this. People frequently act in irrational manners under stressful and/or unusual situations, and I think that accounts for the behaviour of both Ohana and Jiromaru in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's still cripplingly shy, though.

(I don't hate her either. I'm just saying: it's still the same Nako.)
People don't generally hate girls for being shy in and of itself. If anything, its a likeable trait for some.

I've tended to notice that many people hate shy girls because they find them boring though. There's simply much slower to reveal interesting personality traits than other character types. That's why episode 3 was so very important for Nako.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 08:03   Link #1068
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Fiction within a fiction is called meta-fiction.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 12:23   Link #1069
mols

Nice show,
But who the H.. do these people think they are to judge a newcomer so quickly? specially that cook(?)? Calling her something like uncaring or some synonym. What does he know, he had never really talked to her besides a few word exchanges?
Still, very enjoyable
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 13:16   Link #1070
Shadow5YA

Ep5
Attacked by heron again, nosepinched by Tohru
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 15:20   Link #1071
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Ye better start believing in love triangles girl...yer in one!*

Ohana seems to be developing into a master of getting guys to crush on her without her noticing at all.

(Though I suppose with Ko-chan, it'd qualify as a quadrangle)
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 17:45   Link #1072
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
post 5th episode,

I wonder... why all the Tooru hate? and why should Ohana fall for him? first of all Ohana is too childish to like someone, she already knows that Minko likes him, and Tooru sees her also as a kid. I think it's more that the audience here wants a love triangle, instead of the show hinting to one.

Anyway, when will Nako episodes come, I really want to see a personality complementing that body
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 08:09   Link #1073
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^ I don't get the hate for Tohru either. He's a little rough around the edges but he's a good guy. Minko is absolutely right about him.

As for Nako, I'm very eager to find out more about her as well (she's my favorite character so far). Her "I don't want to challenge myself" in the preview was delivered on a very dramatic tone, so there's a good chance the next episode will focus on her. At the very least, I'm sure she'll get more screetime than usual.
Old 2011-05-03, 08:31   Link #1074
mols

Quote:
post 5th episode,

I wonder... why all the Tooru hate? and why should Ohana fall for him? first of all Ohana is too childish to like someone, she already knows that Minko likes him, and Tooru sees her also as a kid. I think it's more that the audience here wants a love triangle, instead of the show hinting to one.

Anyway, when will Nako episodes come, I really want to see a personality complementing that body
I agree with the triangle, I can't see that coming.
But I can understand the Tooru..euh, dislike? I just find that he tags people too easily, I don't remember what he called Ohana but it seemed to be to harsh and quick, she barely talked to him so how can he judge so easily.

He might be a good guy and all, but he sure is quick to judge.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 16:00   Link #1075
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Gah, Ohana is so adorable. When She got her nosed pinched and she complained that she had a weak nose, I almost died from the cuteness.

Kanae Itou has gotta have one of cutest voices I've heard since Yukari Fukui.
Old 2011-05-03, 19:45   Link #1076
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
^ I don't get the hate for Tohru either. He's a little rough around the edges but he's a good guy. Minko is absolutely right about him.
Because having a character like Tohru (or Grandma) in the series makes it not about cute girls doing cute things without easily digestible conflict?
Old 2011-05-03, 20:16   Link #1077
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Well...at least this series is the "4 girls ensemble"/"cute girls doing cute doings" done right. As long as it doesn't turn into K-on (moeblobbing) or Railgun (yuri molestation), I'll be happy to watch it.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 08:38   Link #1078
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
post 5th episode,

Definite agree with you there 100%, took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm just waiting for Kou-chan to appear XD... It would really make heads turn in the inn, he does have summer holidays.

Minchi's description of Tohru's was spot on. He is quick to judge but was he actually one, in some ways its uncalled for but I know poeple who are like that and its a very common guy attitude to have I guess.
Old 2011-05-06, 02:03   Link #1079
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I'm just waiting for Kou-chan to appear XD... It would really make heads turn in the inn, he does have summer holidays.
I can picture Tomoe's reaction already...

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:00   Link #1080
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I can picture Tomoe's reaction already...
Tomoe will start saying strange things in German.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, p.a. works, pa works, romance, slice of life