Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-01-08, 00:49   Link #881
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well, guess i was wrong about both Kana and Mira...

and all the focus on Mira, and yet no one pointing out that gazzile IS apprently still playing the bad guy in all this...
Though grant it, i can't help but think that it's gonna come down to gazzille eventually siding with fairy tail when master Ivan makes his move... though i did also think that Kana would put up a real fight

We got to see the younger sister all the way back when Elfman went full beast form during the phantom guild arc... not to mention a pic that showed Mira appearing stronger and more confident than her usual happy kinda bubbly self

Well that is why Luxus set up things the way he did...
Gildatz doesn't hang around much it seems and Mistgun is a recluse so they were out of the way... Ezra was eliminated at the beginning because of Evergreen... He also to master out of the match through the enchantments... and he didn't bother to factor in Natsu and Gazzille cause he had no problem dealing with them... And Mira was not only eliminated like Ezra, but rendered unable to fight at her best

but then shit started to hit the fan... Ezra broke out of her stone sleep due to an overlooked fake eye... Mistgun actually showed up... people he thought that could not fight like Lucy and Mira apparently CAN fight... and it turns out that the seemingly unbreakable enchantments CAN be broken bringing Master back into play... i mean i could point out underestimating Natsu and Gazzille, but even without those two Luxus is very much out gunned
well Gazelle playing James Bond never surprised me, he was either really turning over a new leaf with FT or he had other plans but wasn't really sure if Phantom was behind it but now we see they are.

question is will they strike when the battle with Luxus is over or some time after then?
I figure with whats going on it would be a perfect time but I also get the feeling they will wait it out abit longer, which would promptly lead to Gazelle having a change of heart.

That pic of Mira-chwan before is what made me really fall for her, I just love it. As I said before she looks just "devilishly" hawt!

I agree this looks exremely bad for Luxus but the lad has shown he is, as his old man puts it "The Real Deal"
I however don't think Mira-chwan will go after Luxus, after she's dealt with Fried if she does beat him she will retire from this fight and tend to the injured.

For Lucy, I also doubt she will be par taking in the bout with Luxus. She really would only get in the way, she would soooo be out of her league there.

Mistgun needs to show and I guess that might very well be in 2 chapters time.

erza.....wel I guess shes probably still running around town searching, late show to the party I figure

side note: we've seen some big battles and epic wins in this series and no doubt the fight with Luxus is gonna be something but I have to stand by with the best win in this series is Evergreen's total ownage over Erza
Old 2009-01-08, 05:32   Link #882
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Damn you Hiro Mashima, for screwing up my Gazille
Also, Fried is hax.

. . And the poll should've been started after this chapter. . Now people will vote more for Mira-chan ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 06:00   Link #883
Xhokhusmak

I bet Mistgun will come with the same intention as Luxus, as in, taking this opportunity to take over the guild. :P

That'll even the playing field a little bit^^ It would make this arc way more interesting.
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 10:25   Link #884
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

If you add Gazille to the list, and that speculation where Mistgun going to become the enemy, then we'll have 3 uber enemies in this arc

Not to mention that there might be another enemy from the mysterious person (who cried after looking at Lucy's photo) arc. .

Hm. . It is really disturbing.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 11:30   Link #885
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
If you add Gazille to the list, and that speculation where Mistgun going to become the enemy, then we'll have 3 uber enemies in this arc

Not to mention that there might be another enemy from the mysterious person (who cried after looking at Lucy's photo) arc. .

I thought that looked like her father, unless im mistaken. It could be that there's trouble at home and so he's come to ask her for help. Or it could be a butler from the mansion saying something like " your father is in trouble." And maybe lucy will say "Me and father never saw eye to eye on many things, but i have to help him, he is my father after all." And so the Lucy arc starts.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 15:20   Link #886
ellifeedn
Thinker

I remember a character saying that he, Fried, and that other one had special abilities using their eyes. Did Fried use his yet?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 03:06   Link #887
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i smell

back stab

or is it me or that flying pc of paper is Ivan??
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 12:39   Link #888
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post

Nah, it will be long before Gazille shows his true mask. And i expect something like a comrade bond that turns him back to Fairy Tail once more. This whole thing is just like..strengthen the impact on the character.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 13:23   Link #889
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
and after reading 117... well, I do hope you guys are happy about Mira, because that form scared the shit out of me... unless Fried has an ace in his sleeve, which would probably be his eyes, I'm thinking he's screwed

Then again, there is the possibility that this form is a double-edged sword (i.e., she no longer has full mastery over it), and that both are going to be KO'ed by this fight... which is something I'm actually seeing as a possibility

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:33   Link #890
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, Fried seems to be the strongest of Luxus's cronies so there's a good chance that since she's been 'out of practice', Mirajane won't pwn Fried - that this might actually develop into a close match between S-ranks.

Yes, I'm naming Fried as an S-rank equivalant.

I think there's enough evidence to name him as such. The strength and duration of his magic is my main indicator, not to mention how he sets it up, while dastardly, is very much HOW it's suppose to be used, objectively speaking. It's one of the best - if not THE best - trap system I've seen, and he can even use it in mid-battle effectively.
Old 2009-01-09, 14:46   Link #891
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

well, I would say he's up in S-rank as well, since Luxus is S-rank, and do you really think Luxus would allow anyone less than S to be his comrade?

And as I stated before, I think it's going to be the fact that Mira is quite out of practice that determines how this battle is won... unless Fried really goes evil, and reminds her that her brother's life is on the line, whether she defeats him or not

dammit, have to wait several days before the next chapter... (then again, there are tons of other series that I still need to work on as well)

Old 2009-01-09, 16:06   Link #892
miazukisan

hehe i really like this manga i was always wondering why they said that mira was a former S class and the answer came with chapter 117 XD
miazukisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 07:01   Link #893
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Spoiler for 118:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 11:38   Link #894
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Spoiler for comments so far:

Old 2009-01-13, 20:59   Link #895
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Spoiler for comments so far:
Spoiler for 118:

Last edited by Slayerx; 2009-01-13 at 22:27.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 22:00   Link #896
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Spoiler for more comments:

Old 2009-01-14, 06:50   Link #897
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Spoiler for 118:
Spoiler:

Also coloured pages:

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 19:34   Link #898
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for chap 118:
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 21:57   Link #899
Cinocard

If it's true, i'd be boiled with excitement too.

Cool Erza is cool. But it's time for her to receive a spank on her ass for doujin material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Spoiler:
Wow, talking about dumb. And shounen-ish. Just kick the shit out of his butt.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 17:37   Link #900
Slayerx

The chapter is out, and there is even a scanlation for the latest fairy tail omake

Though both of them really do bring up something that i really don't like about Mashima's writing... he doesn't use nearly enough build up within the present timeline in the story and defines minor characters through flashback; in a way, it feels more like retcon

Let's take Fried for instance... Fried was shown off as being nothing more than Luxus' lackey and seemed to have a similar mind set as Luxus and the others... at most he showed some misgivings with going as far as killing the others, but he had no problem with Luxus's plans up till the hall of thunder... not to mention no one before ever seemed to have any kind of positive thought towards Fried

But now, in flashback, it's revealed that Luxus was on occasion approached in a quite friendly manner; the other members did not look at Fried the same way they look at Luxus...Because of the timing and how it was presented, it feels like the Fried we knew before was retconed into a softer kind of Fried

Frankly, i think what Mashima should have done is introduce Fried much earlier on, and actually show us those flashbacks as they happened in terms of the present storyline... We could see the fairy tail members trying to be on Fried's good side, and he might be somewhat cold, while other times going along with them in a unemotional kind of way... really, by the time we get to the hall of thunder thing, we feel as though he really is rather cold; but after his defeat to Mira, we realize that he was smiling on the inside

And fried's not alone... i also have the same complaint for how Levi, Droy, and Jet... i mean, it was only after they got pinned up on that tree were we told that Lucy was good friends with Levi... instead of telling us like that, Mashima should have showed it near the beginning of the series when Lucy was still new to the guild... though the trio had made a cameo once in a while, they never got any real build up until the phantom guild arc... one of the problems with them getting pinned on the tree was that they didn't invoke much emotion from the readers; we did not know them, we were not attached to them, and thus did not care about them... giving them more build up as characters, such as showing off Levi's friendship with Lucy would have given us atleast the minimal attachment so that we really care to see them beaten and pinned by Gazzille.

I really could do on about A LOT of the minor characters... but i think the point is that Mashima's got a lot of characters, but doesn't move slow enough to build them up. If the character is gonna play some emotional role, then they should get some build up prior to it so that we develop some attachment for that character... sometimes you got to know when to slow down and take your time when telling a story
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen