AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-26, 09:26   Link #1861
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The gore part and the shadowed zombies will be probably revealed in the DVD blu-ray versions. That's what Iam waiting for.

Also there IS a Shido fanart...WHAT?!!!

Old 2010-07-26, 09:40   Link #1862
Simonsy

haven't seen yet, but a recapp?

i mean i guess sure they just finally escaped the school pretty much, but really seems like a better recap would have been in a couple episodes
Spoiler:
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 09:44   Link #1863
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

recaps didn't bother me all that much, we still got some new dialogue that went with them at least and cholo boy got what he deserved.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 09:47   Link #1864
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
anyway +1 to the stupid idiot Fag who groped rei.................atleast he touched heaven even though he died >_<
I will gladly agree with the same way of thinking as you my friend.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 09:55   Link #1865
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
recaps didn't bother me all that much, we still got some new dialogue that went with them at least and cholo boy got what he deserved.
well i'm not fond of recaps due to if i follow an anime i know it up and down, but there are times i let em slide and its all fine, such as the laboon recap during thriller bark arc in one piece, or its most 2 recent episodes showing all warlords and admirals recap.

or the bleach recap when it goes on a some huge filler in the middle of a said arc.

or hell lots of examples, but i would be hard pressed to find an example that takes place after only 3 episodes.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 10:15   Link #1866
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

bleach is rather notorious, I'll give you that much but these were rather tame imo.

THOUGH! I did wish they would have showed a bit more of Takashi having fun with his rendition of Office Space on the gas station cash register
Old 2010-07-26, 10:20   Link #1867
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I will gladly agree with the same way of thinking as you my friend.
heck i would even die for a girl knowing atleast i had S#X with her or she is the 1st to pop my cherry
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 11:32   Link #1868
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for OMG OMG:

Apart from Saeko, she is the other one I'm so dying to see Hope her VA dont disappoint.. Can we hope for Major Kusanagi/Balsa oneesan VA? Or is it too much? :x
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 11:55   Link #1869
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 12:33   Link #1870
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

heh, I know some of you guys can't stand recaps, but in all fairness, the manga was the same way, chapter 4 was basically them looking around and getting gas in the span of 31 pages, which the anime covered all of it, the part with Hirano and the rest in traffic was anime original.

the pacing is still good, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious to where they're gonna stop with the anime seeing that there's only 26 manga chapters, 1 side story and 2 flashbacks (one was already used to help fill out the first couple episodes) out currently.
Old 2010-07-26, 12:42   Link #1871
Sinta

Episode four; what the hell is with the recap episode? Lame.
Old 2010-07-26, 12:53   Link #1872
taelrak

The recap is pretty lame yea, esp. if the series only ends up with only 13 episodes. There isn't even a good place to stop according to the manga (I mean seriously...who leaves a zombie flick unfinished?)....

Is the operatic song mid-episode actually some song or just some random bgm they made for this anime?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 12:59   Link #1873
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
(I mean seriously...who leaves a zombie flick unfinished?)....
apparently the creator, since he's been working on and off for almost 4 years
Old 2010-07-26, 13:05   Link #1874
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Apart from Saeko, she is the other one I'm so dying to see Hope her VA dont disappoint.. Can we hope for Major Kusanagi/Balsa oneesan VA? Or is it too much? :x
We already know she'll be voiced by Takeuchi Junko. I hear her play female characters so rarely that I have no idea what she'll sound like in HotD. I can only hope she won't remind me of Naruto.
Old 2010-07-26, 13:38   Link #1875
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 4 :

Well first half episode was a mixed-recap with new dialogues and scenes .
2nd half was slow but still good .
I agree with you , at least that guy touched some boobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
The gore part and the shadowed zombies will be probably revealed in the DVD blu-ray versions. That's what Iam waiting for.

Also there IS a Shido fanart...WHAT?!!!

snip
Eh ? That guy who draw this must be a sicko too ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Spoiler for OMG OMG:

Hell yeah , can't wait to see her . Who say badass ?

Love those new pics in the ED .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 13:43   Link #1876
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I think I must be the only one who is not annoyed by the recaps, albeit after the episode was over and I reflected further on it. If anything, I think the story was, surprisingly, improved by the anime adaptation. That's a rare thing to happen, because anime screenwriters and storyboarders tend to just rip straight from the manga, without caring about how much sense it would convey in an animated story.

Because, you see, this episode builds up progressively to one theme: The world as the students knew it was well and truly over. MeoTwiser5 encapsulated this point very well: It was not just people who had died, but also the city itself. Lawful society had broken apart, with Takashi enjoying the thrill of cracking open a cash till, and Rei realising that she, too, enjoyed the adrenalin rush of skewering hordes of zombies.

I especially loved the hymn-like song that played in the background as Takashi and Rei rode through the now deserted streets. That's a nice touch that added greatly to the same scenes from the manga, serving very well to build up the sense of desolation that the two characters felt.

And, finally, the appearance of the crazed punk brought the severity of apocalypse into sharp focus. Who knows what he may actually have been like before Z-Day 0-Hour? He may look like a pot-smoking gorilla, but he could have been a sweet guy. The point is, we'll never know. He was forced to kill his own family, and his mind snapped. And Takashi was forced to kill in return to save Rei.

Barely a day had gone by, and moral order was already beginning to fall apart. Takashi and Rei both realised this, and it made them uneasy.

These psychological aspects were never very well developed in the manga. The way the scenes were rearranged in this episode, together with the use of a 24 -style countdown clock, helped to show how rapidly things had deteriorated in the city.

There's also another plot point that was significantly enhanced in this episode, compared to the way it was treated in the manga.

Spoiler for plot comparison to the manga:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 14:15   Link #1877
slidingk1

Why do I have a feeling that the anime isn't going to actually reach an end point and we will be at some lame cliff hanger. Considering the source material seems to be so far away from any form of conclusion with much more plot development to happen.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 14:31   Link #1878
HeadlessPony
~Princess~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We already know she'll be voiced by Takeuchi Junko. I hear her play female characters so rarely that I have no idea what she'll sound like in HotD. I can only hope she won't remind me of Naruto.

Oh! I have never heard her play a female role. I'm really excited for this!
HeadlessPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 14:37   Link #1879
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah Junko Takeuchi is most known for voicing young boys, though she can do the older female voice quite well. I'm almost certain she's perfect for the role, and i don't even read the manga.
Old 2010-07-26, 14:56   Link #1880
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I agree with Simonsy it should have been done when they're all together. Not just the 2 of them. It's like saying in advance these 2 are the only ones gonna live.

Anyways here's my fav team.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse