AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-04, 01:27   Link #281
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

wow.. i just got done doing a few Ranked matches, and man.. talk about Pathetic people, all i fought where Jin's and Akumea's or w.e cheap bloob fuck is. and each and everyone of them just did the same cheap tactics to win.

Sadly, playing these fools make me wonna pawn the game if this is all im gonna fight online. Honestly, is this world filled with such pathetic gamers? Oh wait, stupid question.. of course it is.

anyone who uses "Easy Specials" plz gtfo and learn to play.
Old 2009-07-04, 01:37   Link #282
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
wow.. i just got done doing a few Ranked matches, and man.. talk about Pathetic people, all i fought where Jin's and Akumea's or w.e cheap bloob fuck is. and each and everyone of them just did the same cheap tactics to win.

Sadly, playing these fools make me wonna pawn the game if this is all im gonna fight online. Honestly, is this world filled with such pathetic gamers? Oh wait, stupid question.. of course it is.

Seems like those people just care about quick wins and don't wish to practice. Honestly I just care about having fun; button mashing and spamming just doesn't seem like a fun way to play the game. I doubt any of those people will ever try to actually "learn" the characters.

And on a completely unrelated note.
Spoiler for image size:

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-07-04 at 01:49.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 01:51   Link #283
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea, most likely people i meet here wont be those kind of losers.

and I've been wondering about Tao, is that a mask is that really her face?
Old 2009-07-04, 05:35   Link #284
gunshottrigun
Crazy Shrine Maiden

Send a message via AIM to gunshottrigun Send a message via MSN to gunshottrigun Send a message via Yahoo to gunshottrigun
I find player matches to be the most fun. I like the cycling up to 6 person matches. It is a lot of fun, and seemed to lack the cheap tactics seen in ranked matches. I've tried probably half the characters, Ragna is still my favorite, but I guess that is because Sol was my GG main.
gunshottrigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 05:40   Link #285
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

They're ranked matches, people want to win in order to increase their ranks and avoid losing at all costs. Hence, people will avoid being experimental and go for the sure-fire way to win.

It's the same with RTS games. Ranked matches are filled with rushers and people who use cheap tricks to win, while outside those ranked matches you'll find players who do neither simply because they want to have fun, and have the match not last 3 minutes.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 08:42   Link #286
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i'll be staying away from rank matches when the game finally arrives in the post. What Keroko says is very true, as i have experienced it many times in the past. In my opinion, it's the number one way to suck all the fun out of a game, and i can't stand for it.

I can already tell from people talking here that none of you are like that. Can't wait to have plenty of fun matches in the very near future.
Old 2009-07-04, 08:54   Link #287
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:

Well, that's ranked after all. It's worth it, so people will not try to do new stuff. God knows how i lose points in SF4 for thinking "you know, i'm tired of using my main one, let's use someone else..."

I like ranked, but i think i'll not get too much into it. Already did that with SF4 and i don't want this to happen with this game.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 09:14   Link #288
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

What's the benefit of ranked match anyway?
If it's just for ranking.....I see it's worthless.
Old 2009-07-04, 09:31   Link #289
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, besides the ranking, there's a trophy if you win a couple of matches in a row without losing, but that's pretty much what is it. The ranking and nothing else.
Old 2009-07-04, 09:37   Link #290
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

You get bragging rights online and offline.

On a side note, I'm pretty sucky st this game. Stuck at level 2, and 10% winning. I do want to get better so as to give myself an excuse at buying that expensive Arcade Stick.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 09:51   Link #291
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Any Rachel players here?

I've been watching videos and reading Dustloop the whole day when I'm not playing the game. I haven't settled the internet connection yet so I've been playing against the computer. I've also broken my budget so I didn't get an arcade stick.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 09:58   Link #292
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I find the Dpad easyer to use for everyone I'm prob just used to it from PS1. anyways I tried playin as Rachel, but shes just not my type(Combat) giggity, I'm more of a close and personal fighter.

anyone know where i can download the opening song? its so epic >< i needz it for a Music Video im gonna be making for my Paladin oh FFXIV
Old 2009-07-04, 10:10   Link #293
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I was a Slayer player and no one in Blazblue plays like him, but I had my eyes on Rachel ever since she was revealed, so I'll just play as her. I watch videos so I can visualise her attacks and get used to her style, needs alot of practice though.

I'm good at the dpad, actually more used to it than the arcade stick. But after getting into Guilty Gear, Fate Unlimited Codes and other fighters, I learn that there are stuff you can only execute with the arcade stick.

Characters like Carl, you'll never be able to pull him off as well as an arcade stick player. Even for Rachel, I had to set the Drive button to R1, so that I can use her Drive effectively. Her C,C and 6C is always coupled with D, her j.C/j.2C as well. I cannot imagine pressing X and O, releasing either or pressing both all the while with a single thumb lol.

Using a single thumb can never work for some of these characters.

Old 2009-07-04, 10:18   Link #294
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I was a Slayer player and no one in Blazblue plays like him, but I had my eyes on Rachel ever since she was revealed, so I'll just play as her. I watch videos so I can visualise her attacks and get used to her style, needs alot of practice though.

I'm good at the dpad, actually more used to it than the arcade stick. But after getting into Guilty Gear, Fate Unlimited Codes and other fighters, I learn that there are stuff you can only execute with the arcade stick.

Characters like Carl, you'll never be able to pull him off as well as an arcade stick player. Even for Rachel, I had to set the Drive button to R1, so that I can use her Drive effectively. Her C,C and 6C is always coupled with D, her j.C/j.2C as well. I cannot imagine pressing X and O, releasing either or pressing both all the while with a single thumb lol.

Using a single thumb can never work for some of these characters.
you use Easy Specials?
Old 2009-07-04, 10:24   Link #295
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
you use Easy Specials?
Hmmm? No lol, Drive is the X button.

Rachel's combos involve pressing lots of X and Os simultaneously or successively. Her Drive, Sylphide is the wind that causes her projectiles and the players to be blown around. Alot of her moves depends on pressing X while doing the combos, I have to set the Drive button, which is default X, to R1. So I can use the drive with my index finger while simultaneously pressing other inputs with my thumb.

Old 2009-07-04, 11:07   Link #296
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

oh my bad, I thought you ment Special Drives, I was totally out of it when i read your post

glad you don't use Easy Specials.
Old 2009-07-04, 12:27   Link #297
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Hmmm? No lol, Drive is the X button.

Rachel's combos involve pressing lots of X and Os simultaneously or successively. Her Drive, Sylphide is the wind that causes her projectiles and the players to be blown around. Alot of her moves depends on pressing X while doing the combos, I have to set the Drive button, which is default X, to R1. So I can use the drive with my index finger while simultaneously pressing other inputs with my thumb.
Goddamit. I don't think i can pull that off with the sixaxis.

I Hope that someday, Aksys will make some new charas for download including an Slayer type(better, put him in the game! He's immortal, so there's always an excuse, hehe). I would be sooo happy.
Old 2009-07-04, 12:59   Link #298
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Rachel is my main along with Ragna and Noel. I love the way Rachel plays. She is really good for zoning and has so many tools at her disposal. The use of the wind can make for some really cool combos.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 13:28   Link #299
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I smell a Rachel fanclub in animesuki. Thought I'm alone in this .
Old 2009-07-04, 13:34   Link #300
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Who know about a x360 pal version?
I'm enough sure the american will be not region free...
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360