AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-21, 00:38   Link #17341
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I'm just now getting around to reading Animal Instincts, but so far it's pretty good.

I don't usually go for shipping fics too much but there has been kind of a dearth of any other type of fic around here recently. =/
Old 2009-10-21, 01:12   Link #17342
Nijiru

I posted a short fic a while ago, but no one reviewed it. I might go back over it and repost it later.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 06:24   Link #17343
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
I posted a short fic a while ago, but no one reviewed it. I might go back over it and repost it later.
make sure you draw attention to it by pointing out what its about, ect. That'll prevent it from getting buried in backlog.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 06:34   Link #17344
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
The revised version of part 1 of 4 (1/4) from Animal Instincts: Chapter 2
One thing:

The USPS is a very strange animal, to be sure, but postmen are not allowed to do what you insinuated there. It's one thing if the house is considered "A rural property", and that requires separate actions for the owner to get their mail, but I can't imagine someone living in the cottage hasn't lodged a complaint... and if there's one thing these cloistered people don't want in town, it's an angry Fed, and that's what they'd bring down on themselves if the local Post Office was doing something stupid. These people strike me as the type to be very good at being left alone. Heck, I'm shocked they have a Post Office to themselves... or at all!
Old 2009-10-21, 09:42   Link #17345
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Spoiler for Border Crossing:
lol sounds like Vivio is discovering, despite the more apparent 'baggage', certain perks to having a former-shadow girlfriend.
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:54   Link #17346
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
*Shifty* No title for this chapter...

Only a mere 19 pages long too.

I'll take title suggestions and, yes, multi-post chapter.

Day in the Life

Chapter 26

Spoiler for Chapter 26:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:55   Link #17347
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

On an unrelated note, I hate the flood control. *Grumbles*

Spoiler for Chapter 26 PT II:

Edit: Notes!

Spoiler for Notes:

Last edited by Nanya01; 2009-10-21 at 11:19.
Old 2009-10-21, 11:23   Link #17348
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
One thing:

The USPS is a very strange animal, to be sure, but postmen are not allowed to do what you insinuated there. It's one thing if the house is considered "A rural property", and that requires separate actions for the owner to get their mail, but I can't imagine someone living in the cottage hasn't lodged a complaint... and if there's one thing these cloistered people don't want in town, it's an angry Fed, and that's what they'd bring down on themselves if the local Post Office was doing something stupid. These people strike me as the type to be very good at being left alone. Heck, I'm shocked they have a Post Office to themselves... or at all!
What are you trying to say?

The people of Kiulks don't like outsiders AT ALL (Fate and Nanoha...) but because their town is so isolated, they share a sort of "system of laws" with the neighboring town, Alekgnak (I forgot how to spell it...). The children of Kiulks also go to school in Alekgnak. So basically, they have to follow what the other town is doing if they want the same benefits but that's all I can say without revealing too much of ch.2 and ch.3 (and future chapters for that matter! ). It's pretty complicated. But' I'll be happy to fix something if it seems out of place.

Quote:
I'm just now getting around to reading Animal Instincts, but so far it's pretty good.

I don't usually go for shipping fics too much but there has been kind of a dearth of any other type of fic around here recently. =/

*bows*

Thank you!

Quote:

@Nijiru: I read it! I thought I wrote something but I forgot! Oops....
Anyway, I like it. It's actually quite interesting what you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
make sure you draw attention to it by pointing out what its about, ect. That'll prevent it from getting buried in backlog.
You know Satashi, that hardly ever works. I mean, yeah, it would be easier to read a summary about what it's about but it's another thing to completely ignore it after it being posted multiple times. Somebody needs to get a little curious. After I see a fic posted several times, I would read it but....yeah. It doesn't always work like that. It's like that in ff.net. I get so many favorites but hardly any reviews. Also, I'll get a thousand hits for one story but nobody ever tells me if the fic was all right or needs improvement. It'll be nice if a few people would tell me if it's coming out ok or if it needs some work. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Alavon; 2009-10-21 at 11:40.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 11:27   Link #17349
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
What are you trying to say?

The people of Kiulks don't like outsiders AT ALL (Fate and Nanoha...) but because their town is so isolated, they share a sort of "system of laws" with the neighboring town, Alekgnak (I forgot how to spell it...). The children of Kiulks also go to school in Alekgnak. So basically, they have to follow what the other town is doing if they want the same benefits but that's all I can say without revealing too much of ch.2 and ch.3 (and future chapters for that matter! ). It's pretty complicated. But' I'll be happy to fix something if it seems out of place.
So wouldn't the postmen be from Alekgnak? I'm just saying the USPS would not be happy with the behavior you're implying in the postmen.
Old 2009-10-21, 11:35   Link #17350
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I have to agree with Spawn here. I can understand the people don't like outsiders, but not even a postman would be like that to someone like Nanoha or Fate. Too many complaints would be lodged against the company, and the town would end up with more trouble than it wants.
Old 2009-10-21, 11:41   Link #17351
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I have to agree with Spawn here. I can understand the people don't like outsiders, but not even a postman would be like that to someone like Nanoha or Fate. Too many complaints would be lodged against the company, and the town would end up with more trouble than it wants.
I guess I'm going to have to fix that part. My bad...
Old 2009-10-21, 12:25   Link #17352
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:

You know Satashi, that hardly ever works. I mean, yeah, it would be easier to read a summary about what it's about but it's another thing to completely ignore it after it being posted multiple times. Somebody needs to get a little curious. After I see a fic posted several times, I would read it but....yeah. It doesn't always work like that. It's like that in ff.net. I get so many favorites but hardly any reviews. Also, I'll get a thousand hits for one story but nobody ever tells me if the fic was all right or needs improvement. It'll be nice if a few people would tell me if it's coming out ok or if it needs some work. But that's just my opinion.
Tue reviews are a rare thing indeed. I know what you mean, though. I have the same 15-20ish people review almost all my stuff on FF.N despite having a few thousand hits a chapter. You would think that surely one of those would offer some nice constructive criticism every now and then, you know?

But sadly, we can't force people to leave reviews. I know I don't do it often myself, but that's just because I don't read them. The fics I do read however, I take the time to leave my thoughts and suggestions, even if I don't like the fic. No offense to 00 here, but I stopped reading his halfway through because I didn't like it. That didn't stop me from seeing the good and potential of it, though, and thus I left a very lengthy review. If only others would as well T_T
Old 2009-10-21, 12:49   Link #17353
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Tue reviews are a rare thing indeed. I know what you mean, though. I have the same 15-20ish people review almost all my stuff on FF.N despite having a few thousand hits a chapter. You would think that surely one of those would offer some nice constructive criticism every now and then, you know?

But sadly, we can't force people to leave reviews. I know I don't do it often myself, but that's just because I don't read them. The fics I do read however, I take the time to leave my thoughts and suggestions, even if I don't like the fic. No offense to 00 here, but I stopped reading his halfway through because I didn't like it. That didn't stop me from seeing the good and potential of it, though, and thus I left a very lengthy review. If only others would as well T_T
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean...

*sigh*
Old 2009-10-21, 12:51   Link #17354
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:

I wish I had 1000 hits/chapter and 2 reviews/chapter, much less the numbers you put up.

I try to say something constructive about everything I read. I'm actually less likely to review something the more other people have.
Old 2009-10-21, 13:10   Link #17355
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:

No offense taken. If you don't like something, by all means you have every right to stop. You have every right to out and out ignore it too, but I'm glad you gave your input. I have ideas for how to re-write it now.

I too would like more reviews on my stuff, especially the stuff I'm particularly proud of. I feel really bad for my My HiME/Hell Girl cross over fic, as I'm most proud of that one, but no one looks at the crossover section on FF.net, so it has few hits. Though it has gotten more reviews than some of my other stuff.

I'd much rather have no reviews+plenty of hits over the usual "Lol you're such a troll go die furfag" 'reviews' I get often. I get a fair number of "This is great!" comments to, and while it doesn't help me improve the story, it sure makes me feel good

I can proudly say I review all the fics I read. It's just that I only read 2 or 3 fics
Old 2009-10-21, 13:29   Link #17356
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

But at the same time, reviews arn't everything. The hit number is what means the most stat-wise, but even that can't really say things that the reader felt. Personally, I just like knowing that someone enjoyed what I wrote. Be it one out of a hundred, or one in ten-thousand, my words made a person smile. That's good enough for me <3

.......*facepalm* ugh, I sound like a hallmark card.

Quote:
I wish I had 1000 hits/chapter and 2 reviews/chapter, much less the numbers you put up.
I've posted almost 90 fics on FF.N, I have a little head start over you Remember, I get my share of flames and "you suck" as well. My numbers are a little higher because I'm simply "known" in the fan community because I have such a vast amount of fics (and personal doujin scans/ a doujin released with Angel, and everyone who downloads NanoFate doujinshi all see my name and link to my account at end of some translated things.) But higher numbers also mean more people not liking my works. You should see what they say about me at other boards. I think I have a community of people who want to lynch me hehe.
Old 2009-10-21, 13:31   Link #17357
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
You should see what they say about me at other boards. I think I have a community of people who want to lynch me hehe.
Seriously?

Not that I don't have haters of my own, but... that seems a little intense.
Old 2009-10-21, 13:36   Link #17358
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Seriously?

Not that I don't have haters of my own, but... that seems a little intense.
Lets not even mention the death threats I got when I released my last yuunoha ^_____^
Old 2009-10-21, 13:36   Link #17359
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A true review also takes a lot of time to put together. At most I usually note a particular thing I liked (such as the Shamal/Miyuki in 'a day in the life'), or a flaw that really stands out (such as Yuuno's father dieing just recently, even though he never had any parents and was raised by the clan, and him feeling lonely even though he by his own words considers everyone in the clan family) but a real review will talk about the good and bad points of the entire chapter, and can easily be a few hundred words in size.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 13:37   Link #17360
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Apparently the NanoFate.Net boards want to lynch me at times over our Day in the Life story, RB.

As for reviews, I don't care if I get a detailed review, I just want to know if people read my stuff or not. If they did, I'd like to know if they liked it or not.

That's all I ask for.

Even if I am rather persistent about it at times.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha