Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 08:41   Link #4161
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Archer... has about the same relevance in HF than in Fate route.
Technically, he is the main character. So he is sort of always relevant
Quote:
which isn't on merit on Saber, alone. If you notice, their merch isn't Saber centric as T-M merch can be
Takashi still tried ... we ended up with 3 different alternate outfits from Zero, and her showing up on both box sets ...
Quote:
They are also pals with Gen Urobuchi. Who is Gen's darling again? Dark Sakura.
Going by some of the ideas Urobuchi had in store for her, I think him being as far away from HF and just doing his own thing might be for the best IMO

Quote:
I can argue it was, in the fate/zero novel, where her eyes flash golden. Her conclusion in HF, is pretty in tone with what happened to certain chivalry pal of hers.
Her becoming Alter is a different situation than the one with Berserker, and I think that was just her being really, really angry + her desire for the Grail being too strong, not blackened like she was in HF.
Old 2012-09-10, 16:33   Link #4162
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

it is a direct port or will the game be modify to include stuff form FZ?
Old 2012-09-10, 18:37   Link #4163
GDB

As far as it's been advertised, it's a direct port with cropped CGs and new OPs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 18:46   Link #4164
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

> CGs
> cropped

wtf

why
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 18:48   Link #4165
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As far as it's been advertised, it's a direct port with cropped CGs and new OPs.
TM is being lazy here.
Old 2012-09-10, 18:54   Link #4166
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
> CGs
> cropped

wtf

why
Vita is widescreen. CGs are currently fullscreen. And then there's this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
TM is being lazy here.
Old 2012-09-10, 20:33   Link #4167
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Technically, he is the main character. So he is sort of always relevant
Which is enough to draw in his fanbase. Rin's and Archer's fanbase are usually one and the same. Their major popularity is about their relationship and interaction. Not to mention Rin and Sakura had the same amount of votes when ufotable polled them (Saber, first place, Irisviel, second, Rin-Sakura, third). We're speaking specifically about ufotable and what they would consider profitable.

Quote:
Takashi still tried ... we ended up with 3 different alternate outfits from Zero, and her showing up on both box sets ...
Draw by Takeuchi who would turn everyone in T-M Saber. The ufotable exclusive merch, on the other hand, is more varied. Look up the products of the ufotable cafe and what they sell, instead. While Saber is there a lot, so are the male characters... and sometimes Irisviel.

You also forget they have their polls (not just in nicovideo, but the street polls). They don't rely on Type-Moon sources for everything.

Quote:
Going by some of the ideas Urobuchi had in store for her, I think him being as far away from HF and just doing his own thing might be for the best IMO
That's true, but I wouldn't mind his intervention, even if he makes Femme Fatale the ending.

Quote:

Her becoming Alter is a different situation than the one with Berserker, and I think that was just her being really, really angry + her desire for the Grail being too strong, not blackened like she was in HF.
I was talking about Diarmuid.

That was vague. The thing is that there is plenty foreshadowing in Zero (with its anti chivalry vibe) for her end to be completely tragic in conclusion and give an use for that dagger. I think her golden eyes are also a result of her anger blackened (she's suppressing her wrath).

Also it would mean pimping another Saber design even more. A winner.

The only drawback is the lack of Alexander (who is the remaining top 5 fate character who isn't involved). Unless they make up a BS Anime only excuse with Dark Sakura pulling out old war Servants of the Greater Grail or El Melloi II shows up and has a flashback...

However, I think that the best would have someone competent do their own script, not DEEN level, but more cohesive to draw the best of the routes with Nasu supervision (maybe Gen?). Because honestly speaking, Fate is incomplete just like the other too, when looking back to Zero. They work for VN, but it's difficult to adapt them on screen, that's why the anime or the movie are so so.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-09-10 at 20:43.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 20:48   Link #4168
GDB

Quote:
or El Melloi II shows up and has a flashback...
They could theoretically expand on the post-Cavern, pre-Two years later time area and fit him in that way. Doesn't help with Rider, but it'd still be nice.
Old 2012-09-10, 20:52   Link #4169
Thess

Quote:
They could theoretically expand on the post-Cavern, pre-Two years later time area and fit him in that way. Doesn't help with Rider, but it'd still be nice.
Or include a bonus short OVA in the Boxset with El Melloi II's reunion with Rider titled "Last Episode. Oceanus." NO need to shoehorn him in the plot. This would make any Zero fan buy the thing. If they add extended Gilgamesh and Kirei talk (which they love to do and they have their chats in HF), another incentive.

T-M is trying to milk this with including F/Z hanafuda in their new Vita Port.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-09-10, 20:56   Link #4170
GDB

It wouldn't really be shoe-horning him in. Canonically, he and Rin would likely meet during that time period. All it'd be doing is showing stuff that wasn't there in the VN.
Old 2012-09-10, 20:57   Link #4171
Thess

Yes, I suppose. But it'll be really derailing to make him randomly flashback. They could show recalling Rider while talking to Rin.

Then Bonus cd drama or short clip available on Boxset.

Throw in a couple more of couch-wine talks with Kirei and Gilgamesh (and sacrificing the cooking), a Kariya flashback with Sakura and you have Fate/Zero fanbase buying this.

Hell, have Alter in a bike.

Old 2012-09-10, 21:28   Link #4172
GDB

I can't think of any situation where Alter on a bike makes any level of sense.
Old 2012-09-10, 21:28   Link #4173
Thess

Quote:
I can't think of any situation where Alter on a bike makes any level of sense.
She can fight against Berserker, on a bike.

Old 2012-09-10, 21:52   Link #4174
Archer

Quote:
She can fight against Berserker, on a bike.
But she needs the Riding skill to do that.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:56   Link #4175
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
But she needs the Riding skill to do that.
OH damn. I forgot about that.

Old 2012-09-12, 05:03   Link #4176
Nigale86

according to the official fate/zero anime website the Vita OP for the Fate Route will be bundled with the 2nd Blu-ray boxset to be released on September 19th

well according to google translate anyway so I might be wrong
Nigale86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 17:28   Link #4177
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

They can make up all sorts of BS explanations though, it's not like they haven't already made one before *looks at Hercules defeat in Fate*

Spoiler for transcript:
Quote:
That's true, but I wouldn't mind his intervention, even if he makes Femme Fatale the ending.
I would! If they put him in charge, we will end up with some sort of weird combo of Sparks Liner High and Normal End

Quote:
I was talking about Diarmuid.
Ah, okay. Saber has a lot of chivalry pals for some strange reason, so I didn't know which one you were talking about.

Quote:
That was vague. The thing is that there is plenty foreshadowing in Zero (with its anti chivalry vibe) for her end to be completely tragic in conclusion and give an use for that dagger. I think her golden eyes are also a result of her anger blackened (she's suppressing her wrath).
Not really. I mean the best use for the dagger for me had always been in Fate when Kotomine got it back after all these years The sense of cosmic irony was just so delicious (also doubles as my favorite Kotomine death in the entire game)

As for the blackening bit, I honestly still think that was more of her rage and nothing more. I mean we had already seen not only in Fate, but all across the Nasuverse how when great spiritual beings are angered it is treated like the scariest thing you will come across in your life (Arc, Diarmuid, Gil etc.) and Saber being a HS and also part dragon seems like someone who when angered will have some pretty scary wrath to put on display. And like you pointed out, Zero hadn't exactly made her life any happier what with her having to deal with a master who treats her worse than a tool and won't even look at her let alone talk, having seen the shameful death of Diarmuid (and having her knightly honor stained due to it), killing Lancelot and then in the end having to deal with Gil making remarks when she is about to claim the Grail? Yeah I'd think she would be pretty pissed at that point, blackening or none.

Quote:
Because honestly speaking, Fate is incomplete just like the other too, when looking back to Zero. They work for VN, but it's difficult to adapt them on screen, that's why the anime or the movie are so so.
And that's pretty much what I'm saying, that as a whole the entirety of Fate/Stay Night ties into Zero nicely with all of the plot lines being answered and addressed in a satisfactory manner. Individually though, not so much, which is why in order to make a HF anime work better, they need to do some pretty extensive re-writes ...

Quote:
Also it would mean pimping another Saber design even more. A winner.
For Takashi, you mean
Old 2012-09-14, 20:15   Link #4178
sagdashin

Wouldn't every problem adressed for a new F/SN adaptation by Ufotable be solved simply by changing the narrative from 1st to 3rd person, like how Zero was written/told? Then everyone gets much screen time and inner thoughts for us to hear, not just from Emiya (1st person) as in the game/anime.
sagdashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 22:17   Link #4179
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Maybe but what I liked a lot about FSN was seeing it all unfold from Shirou's perspective, you had a lot more mystery and suspense slowly figuring out what was going on.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 03:37   Link #4180
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Actually I recall there being a lot of interludes from other people's perspective in HF that made the story a lot more balanced. And some of the best moments were from those interludes too (Ilya's background in UBW). What I'd love is both Rin and Emiya being main characters in an HF adaptation. I've always thought Rin was just as deserving as Emiya for that title.

And I also think a lot of people would be able to take Saber's death in HF much better if she was given a perspective similar to the one she was given after Emiya faced her one on one in that Bad ending.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel