AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 45 52.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 32.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-08, 13:29   Link #101
hamazura
whatever

haha dat misaka 00001 act with pistol is so funny, but cruel end, poor clone
Hoping the studio will make super plot twist route where accel kill touma and ultimately kill 20k sister and become level6. So instead of indexIII, we will get to aru badass no accelerator spin-off
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 16:25   Link #102
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Yeah the first clones are definitely closer to that of small children in terms of behavior and IQ.

Even though they were loaded with information and basic stuff from the Testament machine, they pretty much had little real world experience or social skills relating to interactions with other humans.

I would expect the clones to have developed a little bit since the end of the project but overall I would suspect they are all pretty much in the same standing as Last Order mentally speaking. (hence why they are only level 2/3s)

They have a sorta simplified sense of humor like for example one clone getting a laugh from naming a cat "Dog". :P

Overall they were designed to definitely appear and behave like younger sisters of Misaka and this increases their overall "cuteness" factor and thus make the audience want to emphasize and be protective over them. Thus increasing the drama/sadness when one killed on screen.

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 20:20   Link #103
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
Yeah the first clones are definitely closer to that of small children in terms of behavior and IQ.

Even though they were loaded with information and basic stuff from the Testament machine, they pretty much had little real world experience or social skills relating to interactions with other humans.

I would expect the clones to have developed a little bit since the end of the project but overall I would suspect they are all pretty much in the same standing as Last Order mentally speaking. (hence why they are only level 2/3s)

They have a sorta simplified sense of humor like for example one clone getting a laugh from naming a cat "Dog". :P

Overall they were designed to definitely appear and behave like younger sisters of Misaka and this increases their overall "cuteness" factor and thus make the audience want to emphasize and be protective over them. Thus increasing the drama/sadness when one killed on screen.

This was put pretty much perfectly.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 20:25   Link #104
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:

TL;DR

They're supposed to clutch at your heart strings and make you go HHHNNNNNGGG!! when they die. . .

I feel sad now.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 20:33   Link #105
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
TL;DR
lol you must be lazy . That's one of my shorter posts. Here's more text that you most likely won't read.

Cuteness in human history evolved to to help parents protect their children and bond with them.

Hence things like small animals and other creatures that show similar appearance and/or behavior of babies and young children tend to evoke the "cute" response and thus what comes with this is the need to cuddle/protect. It's a side effect of an instinct our ancestors have evolved to have to better project our offspring from threats thus guaranteeing that our species survive.

So it makes perfect since that if a character designer want characters with a tragic back-story to be easier to emphasize with, they would make them either physically cute, or make their overall behavior cute. Thus the childlike mindset the clones have. (They are physically 14, but they are much much younger mentally with a small IQ push from the use of the Testament machine)

If they were just complete emotionless drones with little individuality or child like behavior, they would seem more like dolls/robots to the audience and thus harder for folks to see the ethical ramifications of their existence and the terrible losses incurred from the experiment they were forced into and wouldn't have much reason to care for them.

There are a few different types of cute and the clones represent more of a emotional/mental cuteness. While yes Misaka's appearance is a little cute, most of the "cuteness" come from their behavior and not really from their physical appearance which is especially important since they are clones and all share the same physical appearance. Their bodies physical age were artificially accelerated so that their "true age" is hidden. Thus their behavior would be needed to flesh out their true age.

So yes, I found the fate of Misaka clone 00001 sad seeing how it died. When a person perceived as young and innocent and full of potential growth have a tragic ending like that, it makes me feel sad and serves the purpose of causing me to want to help the other clones avoid the same fate. Hence the heart-wrench when a child is killed.

If you ever wanted to know what "cute" is in human psychology. I pretty much summed it up.

Last edited by Apache Thunder; 2013-07-08 at 21:02.
Old 2013-07-08, 21:45   Link #106
leukrota

@Apache Thunder - Well explained.

Though I'm going a bit off-topic with this (just a bit), you can also see this effect even in our pet selections. There are some dog breeds that are cute/cuddly/defenseless to the point that they would not survive in the wild. Those are animals that evolved through what we could call "the survival of the cutest" and now rely completely on humanity.

That's how ingrained our affection for cute stuff is in our genes. Dependable enough for other species to "take advantage of".

So yeah, cute looking and/or cute behaving clones work very well to provoke that "hhhnnnggg" reaction.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 23:59   Link #107
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
lol you must be lazy . That's one of my shorter posts. Here's more text that you most likely won't read.

Cuteness in human history evolved to to help parents protect their children and bond with them.

Hence things like small animals and other creatures that show similar appearance and/or behavior of babies and young children tend to evoke the "cute" response and thus what comes with this is the need to cuddle/protect. It's a side effect of an instinct our ancestors have evolved to have to better project our offspring from threats thus guaranteeing that our species survive.

So it makes perfect since that if a character designer want characters with a tragic back-story to be easier to emphasize with, they would make them either physically cute, or make their overall behavior cute. Thus the childlike mindset the clones have. (They are physically 14, but they are much much younger mentally with a small IQ push from the use of the Testament machine)

If they were just complete emotionless drones with little individuality or child like behavior, they would seem more like dolls/robots to the audience and thus harder for folks to see the ethical ramifications of their existence and the terrible losses incurred from the experiment they were forced into and wouldn't have much reason to care for them.

There are a few different types of cute and the clones represent more of a emotional/mental cuteness. While yes Misaka's appearance is a little cute, most of the "cuteness" come from their behavior and not really from their physical appearance which is especially important since they are clones and all share the same physical appearance. Their bodies physical age were artificially accelerated so that their "true age" is hidden. Thus their behavior would be needed to flesh out their true age.

So yes, I found the fate of Misaka clone 00001 sad seeing how it died. When a person perceived as young and innocent and full of potential growth have a tragic ending like that, it makes me feel sad and serves the purpose of causing me to want to help the other clones avoid the same fate. Hence the heart-wrench when a child is killed.

If you ever wanted to know what "cute" is in human psychology. I pretty much summed it up.
I agree with you about this, I like long posts This one obviously isn't one.
Old 2013-07-09, 00:41   Link #108
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:

Nah, I did read it, I just made that point for others who didn't want to read it entirely.
If you look at the bottom of first page of this thread ( assuming you're set at 40 posts per page ) you'll see a have moderately large sized post too.

I'd be a hypocrite if didn't read other posts as big as mine.
Old 2013-07-09, 02:03   Link #109
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way... when you're responding to a long post and using a quote, you don't need to quote the whole thing and so push the whole page down with a repeat. Try just to pick the most relevant parts, if possible.
Old 2013-07-09, 02:26   Link #110
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way... when you're responding to a long post and using a quote, you don't need to quote the whole thing and so push the whole page down with a repeat. Try just to pick the most relevant parts, if possible.
I was on a phone, too muh text and it's tiresome deleting that stuff.

Σ (; ̄Д ̄)

Oh god he was right, I am lazy.
Old 2013-07-09, 02:54   Link #111
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
I was on a phone, too muh text and it's tiresome deleting that stuff.

Σ (; ̄Д ̄)

Oh god he was right, I am lazy.
So you read my entire post? I applaud you. It had 3-5 page downs I think

Apparently not lazy enough not to find the symbols for summation notation and a chair
Old 2013-07-09, 11:01   Link #112
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

lol I was joking. But it was good knowing I was accidentally correct about you being lazy.

Old 2013-07-09, 14:30   Link #113
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
It was all there for a split-second...
Are you like, sure you didin't see things? If you say again you're positive it was there I'm going to search for that scene frame by frame tommorow.

Edit: I just did a frame by frame check from 14:44 to 15:06. Nothing.

Last edited by StaticLord; 2013-07-09 at 14:45.
StaticLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 15:15   Link #114
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

lol Why are you searching for something you will likely wish you could unsee?

Old 2013-07-10, 05:13   Link #115
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticLord View Post
Are you like, sure you didin't see things? If you say again you're positive it was there I'm going to search for that scene frame by frame tommorow.

Edit: I just did a frame by frame check from 14:44 to 15:06. Nothing.

I meant what you could see at 14:57. I mean it shows everything described in the novel pretty much... you just have to look it at for like a full minute to actually realize what you are seeing ... it's not up close if that's what you were asking for....

Quote:
lol Why are you searching for something you will likely wish you could unsee?
To prove a point about the animation quality of J.C. staff
Old 2013-07-10, 06:49   Link #116
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Quote:
I meant what you could see at 14:57. I mean it shows everything described in the novel pretty much... you just have to look it at for like a full minute to actually realize what you are seeing ... it's not up close if that's what you were asking for....
Ah, yes. I was actualy expecting her massacred body with all the gory details hidden in some frame.

My bad.
Old 2013-07-10, 06:54   Link #117
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticLord View Post
Ah, yes. I was actualy expecting her massacred body with all the gory details hidden in some frame.

My bad.
Oh yeah sorry about that...
Old 2013-07-11, 05:16   Link #118
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
They did show her getting blown up like some war footage though
Old 2013-07-11, 23:53   Link #119
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They did show her getting blown up like some war footage though
Right....
Old 2013-07-15, 12:13   Link #120
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally manage to watch this episode.
This episode was saddening and horrifying.
Mikoto rampage, Misaka 10031 horrifying death while Mikoto could only do but watch, Misaka 1 final moments.

So much emotion was in this episode and i'm glad Railgun S redid every scene of the events of this arc compare on what happen in Index.

A 10!

Tags
blood bath