AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-12, 12:46   Link #321
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Flipping around in the official site... I'm more firmly liking the new designs over Xebec's rather bland designs. I'd love to have a full set of these cards (almost as much as a full Tarot Mahoraba deck):
Old 2006-10-12, 12:59   Link #322
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It looks like those shall be cards that come with the Singles/Character CD's & so on - shall have to start collecting.
Old 2006-10-12, 13:05   Link #323
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It looks like those shall be cards that come with the Singles/Character CD's & so on - shall have to start collecting.
So far, it's been announced that Ku Fei's card will come with the Spring OAV, while Makie's card will come with the Nintendo DS game.

(is very curious in seeing what Nodoka's Neo-Pactio card would look like, if a card is indeed going to be made for her)
Old 2006-10-12, 13:09   Link #324
Rin-Sama
Banned

Oh God now their F'ing up the pactio cards? I'm hating Shaft even more now!

Last edited by Rin-Sama; 2006-10-12 at 15:34.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 13:13   Link #325
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama View Post
Oh God now their F'ing up the pactio cards? I hating Shaft more and more now!
Hey, I don't mind if the Pactio card designs for the new series is different from the regular design that we're all familiar with. Besides, keep in mind that there's supposedly going to be THREE types of cards in the new Negima series.
Old 2006-10-12, 13:15   Link #326
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
So far, it's been announced that Ku Fei's card will come with the Spring OAV, while Makie's card will come with the Nintendo DS game.

(is very curious in seeing what Nodoka's Neo-Pactio card would look like, if a card is indeed going to be made for her)
Well, that killed any idea of collecting them if they're going to stick them in something besides CDs or DVDs... I just don't "do" console games. Get back to me when they decide to put keyboards on them and modular upgradability. They look more like gaming cards than pactio cards... has me wondering if we'll see closeups of the pactio cards in the series.
Old 2006-10-12, 16:23   Link #327
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Okay, I'd just like to say that Negima the TCG would kick ass.

Sorry, turning off rampant fanboy-ism now.
Old 2006-10-12, 16:53   Link #328
K1ngHeatz

Does the storyline change?
K1ngHeatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 17:03   Link #329
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ngHeatz View Post
Does the storyline change?
Define "change" .... (edited in an attempt to not strangle something) ....

Maybe... depends on what you think constitutes change. Read the last few pages and maybe the first page or two of this thread.
Old 2006-10-12, 17:27   Link #330
Abbott
Munior Jember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
I'd say worse than most other shows airing right now. And i do follow most shows this season.
Each to their own, no point repeating yourself over and over again.

Anyway, from what I've seen I like this version of Negima, or should I say Negima!? I don't really care that it doesn't follow the Manga. I saw the original Negima TV series before I started to read the Manga, and I consider them to be different entities, which is why I can like them both (though I much prefer the Manga). This new series is something I'll view as another entity, and thus be able to enjoy it on its own merits. I see the Negima universe to be one that is mostly character driven anyway, which is why the characters can be used in different circumstances, and as long as they stay true to their character then it has the potential to be good.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 17:34   Link #331
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Cookie for Abbott's point of view.... "character-driven" syncs with my view ... hell, the whole thing could be a pile of omake and it'd be pretty much fine
Old 2006-10-12, 17:37   Link #332
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The people that are bad-mouthing Negima!? are the kind that just don't want anything to be different when compared to the original manga..
The amusing thing about this is that the last arc of the original Negima was extremely different from the manga. It is only the beginning of the show which stuck to the original story. This version is simply honest from the beginning about making up its own story.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 17:45   Link #333
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
The amusing thing about this is that the last arc of the original Negima was extremely different from the manga. It is only the beginning of the show which stuck to the original story. This version is simply honest from the beginning about making up its own story.
That's what I don't get. It's not like the first one was faithful either. Heck, most anime that comes from manga (or games or anything else) isn't that faithful to the source material. Personally, I'm quite happy with this series doing the reverse of the last one - more action/adventure, less fanservice.

(and a TCG, darn it )
Old 2006-10-12, 17:48   Link #334
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some people are saying they didn't like the first season either because it didn't stick to the manga. I'm in the camp concerning the first season of "if they weren't going to at least stick to the manga events and climax with the Kyoto arc --- its too bad they wrote something different that was such a pile of tripe" (never mind the animation gaffes).

Anyone remember Asuna dressed in a fish costume trying to cast some idiotic spell in ep 1? There were dozens of minor differences in the first series even before they went completely off the cliff (though we did get a very nice Sayo "ghost girl" episode that blew Ken's manga version away).

Really - so far they're hitting major plot points (Asuna>>>Takamichi, Negi vs Evang, Chach&Evan, vampire hysteria, Nodoka crush, etc) just fine, though it does seem a bit rushed..... with the long season ahead they must have some big story to tell...

I wonder if they plan on hitting the Library sequence and Kyoto arc (done properly if not exactly) in the midseason and then the festival tourney for the climax? Another possibility is a stretched out Kyoto arc for the first season and go for a Festival tourney in a tentatively approved second season. Or....... something completely different. If they write an interesting story that is true to the character personalities, then wheee.

(Pulls out his hardback copy of Moby Dick and the movie version with Gregory Peck to thump people who keep whining about it .... and then drops the LOTR movie version and the singlebound hardback of LOTR on the remaining wounded, ... Blade Runner vs Phillip K Dick ... ad nauseum)

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-10-12 at 18:02.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 18:28   Link #335
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
SHAFT's version of the pactio cards are pretty *o* I'd like to see a clearer version though :x

They're even making a Neo Negima!? manga just for the series as well, so guess what haters? Even more of a reason for you to hate it :>

Mmm...Negima!?'s one of those love it or hate it type of anime. There are fans that are open minded, and there are closed minded ones. Really ain't givin' this series much of a chance. Nor do they acknowledge the fact that it's a retelling that does even follow the manga. I like to give an anime at the least, 5 episodes to get better. The 6th episode is always my keep or drop decision, but with Negima!? I really do want to know how this series will turn out, so I'll stick to it through the end.
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 18:32   Link #336
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Heh. I haven't read much of the Negima manga, but I'm SO greatful that Negima!? was created. I liked the concept of having every single member of the class a character with a personality. I don't know how much screen time each of them is given in the manga (some characters are obviously more important than others, I know), but I'm still looking forward to seeing how the huge cast is handled.
Old 2006-10-12, 18:56   Link #337
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I like the card design, but hate the fact that I'd have to collect every Negima!? item in existence to get it. Why can't they have a standard set and then the rare cards like CCGs?

Of course, I'm so there for Asuna's, Setsuna's and Nodoka's cards if I can afford them.

I like the new series. Negi didn't wimp out this time. Yes!

I'm so looking forward to the fights and more Nodoka.
Old 2006-10-12, 19:04   Link #338
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I'm looking at it like Alternate Universe fanfiction: I'm perfectly fine with it being different from the source, as long as a) it's still recognizably derived from the source (rather than a completely new thing which borrows the names for no real reason), and b) the new stories (or retold/re-interpreted stories) are the sort I like.

The first Negima anime didn't do that (specifically the "story I like" part). This one, so far, does.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 19:41   Link #339
ps3mania
piyo, pipipiyo, piyo.

hmm... ive seen 2 ep of the new negima, and all i can say is that I hope this version of the Negima anime isnt as short as the first one.

other than that, i just cant seem to be able to accept the new character design for... what was his name again? the teacher asuna likes.
ps3mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 19:46   Link #340
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3mania View Post
hmm... ive seen 2 ep of the new negima, and all i can say is that I hope this version of the Negima anime isnt as short as the first one.

other than that, i just cant seem to be able to accept the new character design for... what was his name again? the teacher asuna likes.
Takamichi. I never got far enough in the original anime to see what he looked like there...but I do prefer his manga look to his look in Negima!?...
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote