AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-28, 22:49   Link #521
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Did the harem develop any new abilities from traveling to Arezard?
They should have, but we haven't seen any yet because it still takes training to develop the skill and they haven't had the chance to do any yet.

Quote:
Oh, and when you said Akatsuki could create himself from ki you mean he can make clones of himself like Naruto?
No completely different. While the ki "clone" would look exactly like Akatsuki it is not a solid body, so sort of like a ghost (and you can't punch or cut air), except that the attacks from this ki "clone" of his still deals physical damage like any of Akatsuki's Renkankeikikou because it interacts directly with the opponents ki inside his body.

Quote:
BTW, about Akatsuki's sword, was that the true form of the sword in the last episode?
No, it's only the second stage form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
^ Did the sword change in the last eps, I didn't notice any changes.
Yeah it did, the tip took on a giant crescent shape.

In the novel when Akatsuki was trying to tame Sleipnir (the bike) he actually summoned his sword (because the weapons generated from AD acts as an amplifier to their powers), and when Professor Kubota saw Akatsuki's sword he said it must be Laevateinn (from Norse mythology). When Haruka heard this she recalls that in mythology that Laevateinn had nine seals and that Akatsuki's sword needed seven ADs to summon so she speculated that it might not be its true form (although she chalked it up as a mere coincident and that the sword can't be the same Laevateinn from the mythology she still thinks that the good professor had a reason to refer to it that way), that is why at the fight with Zahark she gave him her AD bracelet because she thought it might release more of the swords true potential.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 00:57   Link #522
sunsown

Quote:
No, it's only the second stage form.
When you say second stage, do you mean 7 ads as first stage, 8 ads as second stage and 9 ads as third stage?

Does he use 8ads commonly in battle? Is it not simply possible for him to add another ad so as to use 9ads? I preseme that it will increase his abilities. Is this right?

Professor kubota mentioned ousawa gouki was a friend of his before akatsuki tamed slepnir. Is there a mention if he is still in contact with gouki and if they are on friendly terms? Is his allegiance to the babel?

The coloured picture on the page 4 in volume 9 with akatsuki and listy. What actually happened for them to be in that situation?
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 01:12   Link #523
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsown View Post
When you say second stage, do you mean 7 ads as first stage, 8 ads as second stage and 9 ads as third stage?
No, because this is never specified. In the novel the author just says that it is the "second stage". The new AD Haruka brought to Akatsuki before they all went to Alezard is now specially tuned to Akatsuki and he only needs one now and can summon the second stage in time of special need so this whole "number of AD = seals for Laevateinn" business is throw out the window.

Quote:
Does he use 8ads commonly in battle? Is it not simply possible for him to add another ad so as to use 9ads?
Refer above. Also Akatsuki tried to use 8 ADs after and it only got the normal sword so he figured that it's not completely about the number of ADs.

Quote:
Professor kubota mentioned ousawa gouki was a friend of his before akatsuki tamed slepnir. Is there a mention if he is still in contact with gouki and if they are on friendly terms? Is his allegiance to the babel?
He didn't actually said "friend" but rather an acquittance and doesn't really seem like he knows Gouki that deeply. He doesn't really have any allegiance to anyone but is more into his research though he seems to have a pretty strong sense of justice anyway.

Quote:
The picture in volume 9 with akatsuki and listy. What actually happened for them to be in that situation?
After Akatsuki fought Motoharu, Myuu's mental projection and 3 Zahark clones he's energy is spent before he's reached Hikami. Listy had learnt from Ludi before that Akatsuki can replenish his ki by absorbing someone elses ki (Akatsuki had done it before with Ludi) and ask Akatsuki to perform this action because she knew that afterwards she can't help Akatsuki to fight Hikami so the best she can do is to give her ki to Akatsuki, Akatsuki accepts her proposal and told her that he must do this by sucking the ki out from a point on the chest in front of the heart, so that's what happened.
Old 2012-09-29, 01:55   Link #524
sunsown

Oh so akatsuki fought motoharu in volume 9. Did akatsuki win motoharu in a fairly easy manner or he just barely won? What is the status of motoharu as of volume 9?
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 09:06   Link #525
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Akatsuki used 8 ADs in the final battle

But the shape look the same right.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 09:12   Link #526
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsown View Post
Oh so akatsuki fought motoharu in volume 9. Did akatsuki win motoharu in a fairly easy manner or he just barely won? What is the status of motoharu as of volume 9?
Their fight was interrupted by Myuu, they were pretty equal otherwise up till that moment. Motoharu's still alive and good by the end of volume 9 him and Akatsuki and the group is still on that strange friendly terms as even though he was on Cecil's order to hold back Akatsuki and cause a distraction (so that Tiana can get into Babel and get the Phoenix Cell), he still helped them in the end a saved Haruka from a tight spot (though he's reasoning was that Akatsuki threaten to kill him when he once joked about harming Haruka [which Akatsuki did BTW and he meant it], but it's pretty obvious that he does do it out of some attachment to the group and not because of Akatsuki's threat) as well as taking on Hikami for a few moments.
Old 2012-09-29, 09:29   Link #527
blackwhite67
Banned

Were there any witnesses to Akatsuki's battle with that copy of Gouki from 10 years ago? Did Gouki display any new abilities in that battle? Was there any dialogue from Gouki, especially concerning Akatsuki?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 09:31   Link #528
Insane
Banned

Beside dragons, is there any other divine beings that Akatsuki has fought thus far on the series?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 09:37   Link #529
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Were there any witnesses to Akatsuki's battle with that copy of Gouki from 10 years ago? Did Gouki display any new abilities in that battle?
Yeah, Professor Kubota was watching. He made the battle simulator due to strong request from the students and asked Akatsuki to test it. When Akatsuki was playing with the simulator (he got bored when he found that the hardest enemy he can fight was only Zahark) he accidentally entered the debug mode and "unlocked" Gouki, Kubota didn't stop him and just let him be. It is during this fight where Akatsuki horned his martial arts and swordmanship skills (he uses too many large and useless movements before as one of his fighting style used was performing really random attack patterns utilising every part of his body which makes it hard for the opponents to read his moves and thus lets him overwhelms his opponent but against opponents much stronger than himself such as Gouki as well as a computer program which has unlimited stamina this tactic doesn't work well and instead wastes his own ki and energy, so going in the exact opposite direction he performs really tight but pinpoint powerful attacks), and he also learnt to enter the Zone, which he triggers by concentrating his Renkankekikou on his brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Beside dragons, is there any other divine beings that Akatsuki has fought thus far on the series?
None thus far.
Old 2012-09-29, 11:30   Link #530
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Who Gouki again?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2012-09-29, 12:04   Link #531
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Who Gouki again?
Akatsuki's father, Ouzawa Gouki.
Old 2012-09-29, 15:52   Link #532
kfcpanda

houko, what kind of ending with relationships do you think will occur? since you've actually read the novels & thus must be able to understand more of the little things.

do you believe this will end with classic open-ended harem manner where nothing is done (outside of groping) in resolution or actual harem where akatsuki actually does stuff with them or choice ending?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 21:43   Link #533
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Oh and Akatsuki use the sim to fight his father from 10 years ago. right.

Last edited by mike211; 2012-09-30 at 08:42.
Old 2012-09-29, 22:10   Link #534
Insane
Banned

Any chance Akatsuki capable of materializing his black sword without the help of CAD?
Old 2012-09-29, 22:33   Link #535
blackwhite67
Banned

This isn't Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, man.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:37   Link #536
Insane
Banned

Quote:
This isn't Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, man.
I don't care about that, and i don't wanna care. What i was referring is those weird-looking bracelets that every students of Babel wear in order to activate weapon form of their magic.
Old 2012-09-29, 22:42   Link #537
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Is there any summary with his fight against 18yr old Gouki?
Does the actual gouki show up anytime?
Old 2012-09-30, 00:13   Link #538
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Looks like I missed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Is there any other Ki-users in Arezard beside Akatsuki? And is there explanation about why Akatsuki didn't learn magic but ki-manipulating instead?
Besides Grandsays who taught Akatsuki doesn't seem like anyone else uses ki.

Akatsuki couldn't use magic so he had to learn something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
houko, what kind of ending with relationships do you think will occur? since you've actually read the novels & thus must be able to understand more of the little things.

do you believe this will end with classic open-ended harem manner where nothing is done (outside of groping) in resolution or actual harem where akatsuki actually does stuff with them or choice ending?
I actually think this would be a harem ending but not the typical "I can't choose one" and the girls chases the guy type open-end but rather "I choose all of you". As the hagure yuusha Akatsuki's (and the series') charm point is that he doesn't play by the rules and is the anti-whimpy-and-dense shounen hero, also he displays more or less equal affection towards each girl (I suppose Myuu still gets a little more favourable treatment) and make approaches to them, and as said before Myuu and Listy are open to polygamy because they are from a culture which doesn't forbid such practice and besides neither of them has anything to return to in Alezard so they would be staying with Akatsuki no matter what so either way there's going to be two (unless the author kills off one of them, which I highly doubt). For the normal world girls Haruka had also abandoned all her past to follow Akatsuki and Myuu, this leaves out Chikage and Kuzuha up in the air but that's already 3 definite members in the harem that I would think aren't going anywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Is there any summary with his fight against 18yr old Gouki?
Does the actual gouki show up anytime?
Don't think there are any summary.
The real Gouki had already shown up.
Old 2012-09-30, 00:28   Link #539
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Has he met his son yet?
Old 2012-09-30, 02:34   Link #540
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Has he met his son yet?
No, he doesn't consider Ataksuki worthy yet. That's why Akatsuki always wants to make a show of things, to put himself in the spotlight so his brother and father can't ignore him.

Tags
action, adventure, borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, light novel, shounen