AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 34 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 37.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-29, 01:46   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kannagi - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kannagi, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-11-29, 10:54   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Tsugumi kawaii yo, Tsugumi kawaii yo kawaii yo super kawaii yo...

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-29, 14:45   Link #3
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

lulz..
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-29, 15:08   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Really, really funny and heartwarming. All hail Tsugumi -- and Sawashiro Miyuki (<<--see avatar and sig), whose performance in this episode was to die for (nan desu ka, kore? manga?). So was the animation, particularly of Tsugumi waving her arms/body around at about 4:54. Just brilliant.

This ep was beautifully written by Takahashi Tatsuya, who really apparently started the contemporary school-based romantic visual novel with ToHeart, when he worked for Leaf.

The storyboard was by Komino Masahiko, who storyboarded episodes of Sky Girls and Nabari no Ou, but whose big claim to fame for me is having been animation director of four episodes of Noein (5, 6, 13, 20).

The episode director was Tsuchiya Hiroyuki, a highly experienced hand who has done multiple episodes of such shows as Death Note, Galaxy Angel X, Trinity Blood, Last Exile, Full Metal Panic, Juuni Kokki, etc.

There were two animation directors: Kawasaki Aika, a key animator who has worked on shows like Bokura ga Ita, Coyote Ragtime, Corda D'Oro, Mushishi, and Eureka Seven. And Kawano Maki, who did episodes of Persona Trinity Soul, Honey & Clover, Shakugan no Shana, and Tetsuwan Birdy Decode. Those ladies have a future.

The ending art was by Minazuki Toru, the main artist behind ToHeart, and a close colleague of the episode writer, Takahashi Tatsuya.

Of course, Yamakan and his lead writer Kurata Hideyuki and animation director Kadowaki Satoshi deserve credit for every ep of this outstanding show.

If this level of quality and interest keeps up, I really am going to have to go back to ANN and upgrade my rating from excellent to masterpiece.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-11-29 at 18:07.
Old 2008-11-29, 16:03   Link #5
m85

I agree with you Kaoru Chujo. This really is a masterpiece. I've read the manga and watched the anime but I wouldn't mind watching it all over again. That just says something in itself considering how strict I've been with my rating of anime recently. The people who have worked hard to bring us Kannagi deserve all the praise they can get.
Old 2008-11-29, 17:14   Link #6
Sides

Wow, i really like this episode. It is actually really funny. Tsugumi is so cute, especially her reaction towards Akiba's mangazines, or what ever it was.

Last edited by Sides; 2008-12-01 at 19:53.
Old 2008-11-30, 01:04   Link #7
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
It is personal bias maybe, but I think there is something very enduring about Tsugumi and Jin's relationship. But the scene where Daisetsu have a confession letter from a guy is rocking funny to me. I must say this too, the scene where 3 potential love interests discussing about him as if he is not there is quite weird for Jin. LOL. But Zange is truly a stealth stalker, perhaps an apt pupil of Solid Snake.
Nagi's manipulation also worked a bit too well.

As many people pointed out, it is expertly helmed despite a rather cliched and predictable story trope.

This anime series is a mixed bag to me, I don't agree that it has reach sublime level of masterpiece anime but..... it is entertaining. On other hand it is very cliche. In the hands of good staff and lavishly funded studio, however it is pretty pleasant show to watch. A good candy pop, I guess.

Trivia: There is one small, brief fanservice scene in this ep. Hehehehehehehe.

Last edited by stormy001_M1A2; 2008-11-30 at 02:15.
Old 2008-11-30, 11:54   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-11-30, 18:54   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 09 turned out to be quite the nice Tsugumi based episode, which i've been waiting for. It's such a shame that childhood friends end up screwed most of the time, because all i want to see is her happiness. She had plenty of cute scenes in this episode, especially her reaction to Akiba's doujinishi's.

Also i'm glad that this episode carried on straight after last weeks, so more of the homo drama was flying around this episode.

Also good to see that myself and Akiba have quite a bit in common. I'm always up for checking out an artists work --- doesn't matter about the genre.
Old 2008-11-30, 20:02   Link #10
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Good episode, but something is missing, maybe the little participation of Nagi.
Old 2008-11-30, 20:21   Link #11
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Dayum, Jin's turned into quite the playa. He's macking 2 girls at once while keeping someone else in the sidelines for later. Slut!

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-30, 21:04   Link #12
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Spoiler for Naughty, naughty Tsugumi....:

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2008-11-30 at 21:29.
Old 2008-11-30, 21:29   Link #13
Oxtail

Tsugumi-chan, fight-o!

She's kinda been a total doormat in the Jin-love-competition so far, but hopefully after this episode she starts getting into the mix a bit more.
Old 2008-11-30, 21:42   Link #14
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmy View Post
Dayum, Jin's turned into quite the playa. He's macking 2 girls at once while keeping someone else in the sidelines for later. Slut!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-30, 23:59   Link #15
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Really enjoyed episode 9. It was definitely nice to see a lot more of Tsugumi. We all knew that Tsugumi cared for Jin, but this episode really did a good job of showing how close these two childhood friends are and how much they have been through together. It was also nice to see Zange again. And it's always nice to see Nagi.

I felt so bad for Jin. I probably would have burned all of those embarrassing childhood pics immediately.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:03   Link #16
Midonin
Last Engage

Such a dirty undertone running through this episode. Akiba being shamed by Takako in the otaku department, Tsugumi being amused by Jin's...thing...and the subsequent discussion that occured, the doujins, and Eri Takenashi, superhero. So many cute little moments. I also did like that Jin was willing to choose Tsugumi as his girlfriend on the spot - good choice on his part.

I'm really looking forward to next week. Karaoke scenes have always been one of my favorite, and Takako being in the title can only mean good things.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:21   Link #17
HandofFate

Really enjoyed this episode.
Tsugumi is such an awesome character. Childhood friends are the best!

Spoiler for episode impressions:
Old 2008-12-01, 02:15   Link #18
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I agree with Nagi: "it's exactly the way it should be".

Also of note:
- Akiba can't face Jin anymore.

- They didn't fall for "There are no bisexuals".

- Why do hetero guys believe that gays will be attracted to them specifically?
Old 2008-12-01, 04:45   Link #19
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Lol. Not much of Nagi in this episode and more ZANGE AND TSUGUMI! YAY! So happy~!
I really like those Otaku references is the show. Damn it. If Nagi didn't interrupt , he would've said "Tsugumi" and she would've heard it.
Old 2008-12-01, 05:00   Link #20
Blaat

This episode had an awesome Kaji reference. ^^

zawazawa!
Closed Thread