AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-09, 20:29   Link #61
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
still waiitng for red hair's crew to actually see some action, just to remind me why usopp is not a useless sack of shit, there should be a rule, no usuopp, and if there is usuopp he has to have soge king mask on, period.
I put my hand on my heart, that means I feel you. Real recognize real and you're looking familiar!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelB
Eh, I'm sure the war will come, but just not so soon. Like I said before, we've had all this talk about Dragon and his sons, so this storyline might be a good excuse to further explore their history. Not saying that I'm not looking forward to the war, but I'm still more interested in the current events, that's all (I'm also still kinda wondering if that huge dude near Ace's cell is San Juan Wolf).....
That guy looked like Saul.
Old 2009-04-09, 21:41   Link #62
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Something big is coming, i can sense it....

Wow, Oda is awesome, especially the way he portray Dragon's personality. In just less than one page, we could see how Dragon's feeling about his two sons in East Blue, and can guess what's his stand in the world of One Piece

I can predict what Dragon will do giving his personality. It's really unlikely for him to bring all forces and charge the WG, as he knows how to use forces wisely
Old 2009-04-09, 23:27   Link #63
marvelB

Ugh, more Usopp hate. It's sad to see the guy still getting so much flack despite all the growth he's had since Enies Lobby.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
That guy looked like Saul.

I've seen that comparison before, but he looks different to me. He looks a lot more.... wild when compared to Sauro. Furthermore, his mouth is shaped differently. Maybe he's another giant from the same tribe instead.....

....Or he could be the "Giant Battleship".
Old 2009-04-10, 02:17   Link #64
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Well, I must say that I was pretty surprised to discover that Ivankov and Inazuma are both revolutionary leaders in Dragon's army. This of course, leads me to question who else could be in his faction that we've seen already or heard about before.

The relationship between Ace and Dragon is also going to be another interesting development as the story progresses. Considering how Ace loathes his father and doesn't want anything to do with him, I've been contemplating if Ace expects his father to rescue him. From what Iva said in this chapter, it is clearly evident that Dragon does care for his sons since Iva is anticipating Dragon to make a move to stop the execution and because he's vowed to save Ace for the sake of his comrade (Dragon). The thing is, Ace doesn't seem to be aware of Dragon's concern for his and Luffy's well being, otherwise he wouldn't hate him. So, if Dragon does succeed in rescuing Ace, or if he is at least instrumental in his rescue, it will be very interesting to see how they are going to interact with each other. I can just picture Ace demanding an explanation from Dragon as to why he left him and Luffy when they were in their infancy. From that point, we may just find out who their mother is (if they even have the same mother) and the reason why Dragon is doing what he is doing.
Old 2009-04-10, 03:18   Link #65
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Here's a prediction I have that is only a possibility: Even if Luffy manages to defeat Magellan and/or Shiryuu, Onigumo would kill Ace in front of Luffy.
This isn't Naruto, Oda knows better than to kill off one character per chapter

Quote:
Ugh, more Usopp hate.
I think he's one of the best characters in OP when it comes to battles,despite his character being pretty much the same.

Quote:
The relationship between Ace and Dragon is also going to be another interesting development as the story progresses. Considering how Ace loathes his father and doesn't want anything to do with him, I've been contemplating if Ace expects his father to rescue him. From what Iva said in this chapter, it is clearly evident that Dragon does care for his sons since Iva is anticipating Dragon to make a move to stop the execution and because he's vowed to save Ace for the sake of his comrade (Dragon). The thing is, Ace doesn't seem to be aware of Dragon's concern for his and Luffy's well being, otherwise he wouldn't hate him. So, if Dragon does succeed in rescuing Ace, or if he is at least instrumental in his rescue, it will be very interesting to see how they are going to interact with each other. I can just picture Ace demanding an explanation from Dragon as to why he left him and Luffy when they were in their infancy. From that point, we may just find out who their mother is (if they even have the same mother) and the reason why Dragon is doing what he is doing.
I expect Dragon to come save Ace, and then Ace saying he doesn't want to be saved by the likes of Dragon...and Luffy saying something simple but deep that will make Ace think things over or summit. Well, this could be done in many more ways, like, if their mothers were pirates maybe Dragon goes there to save them, god knows...

Oh,and about the Luffy VS Magellan rematch, I want Luffy to deflect Magellan's poison using DEATH WINK!
Old 2009-04-10, 03:48   Link #66
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Or maybe Dragon is really the bastard Ace think he is. He might want to save his son(s), but he won't. He thinks about his son(s), but don't go meet them.
He saved Luffy once, but maybe Luffy has a diffrent mother - the one that he really loved XD

Garp is the only one who could mention Ace's being Dragon's son. We don't know how talkative about this he is. If noone from his unit report this after he told Luffy, than maybe WG doesn't know this relationship Oo
Old 2009-04-10, 06:47   Link #67
Casshern

Luffy officially owns Wappol at eating.

"Just throw it in that general direction!" lol that was hilarious!
Old 2009-04-10, 07:33   Link #68
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Luffy can summon black holes in the area around his mouth
Quote:
Garp is the only one who could mention Ace's being Dragon's son. We don't know how talkative about this he is. If noone from his unit report this after he told Luffy, than maybe WG doesn't know this relationship Oo
Then again, Garp might share Ace's pov in this one and think that Dragon really won't act against Ace's execution...at any rate, I wanna se the "serious side-effects" of Iva's adrenaline rush injection.
Old 2009-04-10, 07:43   Link #69
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Ugh, more Usopp hate. It's sad to see the guy still getting so much flack despite all the growth he's had since Enies Lobby.....
Surprised? Shonen fans practically adore stupid levels of badassness. Look at all the Buggy hate. The guys a freakin' villain and no, he's still not allowed to ditch the hero he hates, no that's cowardice!

You know which character I used to hate the most? Zoro. He is the single most uunoriginal crew member in the story. I used to skip the parts where he appeared. Now I admit that I grew to enjoy him because of the amusing scenes he had. Usopp and Buggy on the other hand has done some of the most amusing stuff during the story. Let's appreciate the characters a little and not just go like sheep after whoever is the "strongest" at the moment shall we.
Old 2009-04-10, 10:20   Link #70
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Man, all hell's gonna break loose!

And remembering Crocodile (who is down in level 6), I wonder if Luffy will beat the Cheif Warden the same way as he beat Crocodile, except with Gears.
Well, I'm not trying to ruin your high, or anything, but Luffy was only really able to beat Crocodile by almost pure chance. Crocodile was really arrogant. He knew Luffy's body was made of Rubber, and yet the first time he fought Luffy, he stabbed him, and walked away.

He didn't hit a vital point, or at least stay to ensure that Luffy was dead.

Then the second time, he drained him. The reason you would die from being drained of water is because of massive internal damage due to a process similar to plasmolysis. This is when, due to a severe lack of water, cells pretty much tear themselves, like a vacuum effect. But Luffy's made of rubber, so...There would have been significantly less insantaneous damage. And all he would have had to worry about was dehydration, which isn't a OHKO kind of problem.

Another careless mistake due to arrogance.

The third time, he just lost, because he didn't take Luffy seriously until the end. He should have pulled out the poison since the first time he met Luffy, since Luffy knew his real identity as Mr. 0. He didn't. and he allowed Luffy to learn too much.

Were it not for the anime-villain mentality, where villains allow heroes to live, for the strangest reasons, then I think Luffy would have died the first time he met Croc face to face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
still waiitng for red hair's crew to actually see some action, just to remind me why usopp is not a useless sack of shit, there should be a rule, no usuopp, and if there is usuopp he has to have soge king mask on, period.
And I take offense to that . Usopp is one f the coolest members of the Strawhat Crew. I never watched the episodes, but I think that from a Manga-POV, Usopp is awesome. And frankly speaking, with the dials, at this point, Usopp IS strong enough to beat small-time captains, like Buggy, given some time for thought. His bounty IS justified.

Usopp is great because he's nothing special, and yet he goes through so much, and we actually SEE and FEEL his development. It's GREAT. As a proud Usopp fan, I reject your sentiment!!

USOPP RULES!!! Born on Sniper Island!!! LULU-LULU!!! 100 Shots! 100 Hits!!! LULU-LULU!!!!

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-04-10, 10:30   Link #71
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Ussop is awesome, not just in his fighting style, but he's most awesome because if he wasn't around, the crew would not have travelled so far.

He loved Merry the most out of the crew, I'll never forget how he always patched up Merry and gave her the most love. If he didn't patch Merry up all the while, even Merry's love for the crew wouldn't be enough to carry them for so long.

He knows his weakness and he knows that he is holding down the crew, but that's why he got dials, he kept creating new weapons, Kabuto and even Nami's Clima Tact because Nami also felt that she's terribly weak. He has always been extremely useful to the crew, actually, every crew member is extremely important, there is no one who's useless.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-10, 13:42   Link #72
marvelB

Yeah, Usopp is great. And like I said before, he's had a lot of growth since the whole Water 7/Enies Lobby storyline. Notice how he hasn't been running away from major battles like he used to, even when faced against opponents as powerful as Oz, Kuma or Pacifistas at Sabaody. I really can't wait to see what new tricks he may have learned from that Hercules dude.....

Going back on topic, I wonder what Iva and Inazuma's bounties are? If they're revolutionaries, then they must have rather sizeable prices on their heads (quite likely higher than Luffy's, even). I'm also interested in finding out about the bounties of those level 6 pirates. If the worst of the worst is contained in that floor, then they must have astronomical rewards on them, as well. I'm still particularly interested in Vasco Shot, myself......
Old 2009-04-10, 13:58   Link #73
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Going back on topic, I wonder what Iva and Inazuma's bounties are? If they're revolutionaries, then they must have rather sizeable prices on their heads (quite likely higher than Luffy's, even). I'm also interested in finding out about the bounties of those level 6 pirates. If the worst of the worst is contained in that floor, then they must have astronomical rewards on them, as well. I'm still particularly interested in Vasco Shot, myself......
Well, Inazuma's bounty would definitely be less than Iva's, since he is his right hand man and thus second to Iva. I would think that it would be lower than 300 million. As for Iva, yeah, his bounty is definitely going to be really high. Perhaps it is going to exceed even Doflamingo's former bounty (340 million - the highest one to date). Speaking of bounties, I hope we also find out Ace's soon. It is very possible they will announce it when he is on the execution platform.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:50   Link #74
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
From that point, we may just find out who their mother is (if they even have the same mother) and the reason why Dragon is doing what he is doing.
Maybe Catarina Devon "most dangerous" woman ever has some connection with Dragon...
Old 2009-04-10, 17:00   Link #75
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
snip.
Okay , let me rephrase that. I first said, "I wonder if Luffy will beat the Chief Warden the same way as he beat Crocodile, except with Gears." What I meant to say is, "I wonder if Luffy will finish off the Chief Warden the same way as he finished off Crocodile (in their final fight)." If you still don't get it, it means Luffy punching the enemy upwards until he reaches blue sky.
Quote:
And I take offense to that . Usopp is one f the coolest members of the Strawhat Crew. I never watched the episodes, but I think that from a Manga-POV, Usopp is awesome. And frankly speaking, with the dials, at this point, Usopp IS strong enough to beat small-time captains, like Buggy, given some time for thought. His bounty IS justified.

Usopp is great because he's nothing special, and yet he goes through so much, and we actually SEE and FEEL his development. It's GREAT. As a proud Usopp fan, I reject your sentiment!!

USOPP RULES!!! Born on Sniper Island!!! LULU-LULU!!! 100 Shots! 100 Hits!!! LULU-LULU!!!!
Yeah, I like Usopp too. And I think that he could be the second mate of the crew.
Old 2009-04-10, 17:47   Link #76
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Usopp isn't for people that don't accept non-pure-badassery characters in shounen mangas. But it's OP and here a character that is normal (in common shounen way) doesn't exist.
Even those CP9s that looked normal had to transform into something weird looking, like cartoonish wolf.

Usopp has uniqe design, and personality.
Old 2009-04-10, 17:53   Link #77
Rainbowman

Well, I checked out the chapter and learned two things:

1. Ivankov explains Monkey D. Dragon as a supernova of the pirate world. Do you think Dragon is a 12th supernova in the current story or is he considered a past supernova back in his days?

2. Ace is to be transported to the execution grounds: Marizoya/Mariejois/Marinford (Wish the translators would make up their minds ). Isn't that where the Tenryuubito (World Nobles) live? If so what are the chances that Saint Charloss would be there? And what are the chances that Charloss would die in the destruction of his homeland?
Old 2009-04-10, 18:03   Link #78
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
1. Ivankov explains Monkey D. Dragon as a supernova of the pirate world. Do you think Dragon is a 12th supernova in the current story or is he considered a past supernova back in his days?
Ivankov was referring to Luffy as the supernova pirate, not Dragon.

Quote:
2. Ace is to be transported to the execution grounds: Marizoya/Mariejois/Marinford (Wish the translators would make up their minds ). Isn't that where the Tenryuubito (World Nobles) live? If so what are the chances that Saint Charloss would be there? And what are the chances that Charloss would die in the destruction of his homeland?
Ace is being transported to Marineford, which is the home of Marine Headquarters. Mariejoia is the World Government Headquarters. There is a big difference between those two places.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:18   Link #79
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Ace is being transported to Marineford, which is the home of Marine Headquarters. Mariejoia is the World Government Headquarters. There is a big difference between those two places.
Well that would explain why Whitebeard is planning to attack Marineford in the first place (which is cutting it close for Ace) and also why 6 of the 7 Shichibukai (with Boa Hancock recently going there) would be waiting for him.
I have a feeling a different arc is coming: By the time Luffy defeats Magellan and Shiryuu, Ace would be taken by Onigumo to Marineford.
Thus leading us to a new arc: Marineford arc.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:26   Link #80
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I have a feeling a different arc is coming: By the time Luffy defeats Magellan and Shiryuu, Ace would be taken by Onigumo to Marineford.
Thus leading us to a new arc: Marineford arc.
Luffy defeating Magellan and Shiryuu? He can't even beat Magellan alone (he was defeated with ease if you recall), so do you really expect him to be able to handle both of them? This is partially the reason why Ivankov and Inazuma are assisting him in his endeavor to save Ace, because he can't do it alone. Jimbei is also more than likely going to become another one of Luffy's allies in this whole situation. Luffy shouldn't fight Shiryuu; it should be either Ivankov, Inazuma, or Jimbei, that take him on.