AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-31, 21:25   Link #321
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't see what the issue is with direct porting characters, i myself had brought in Ryoushi from Ookami-san and I never encountered resistance. Sure Kha could be more tactful and tasteful but theres no reason to condemn the idea altogether;.
Old 2011-05-31, 23:04   Link #322
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'd just like to point out that Kha's missed the subtle refs in my OCs - both of them are descended from somewhat famous people (within certain circles) but the references have been quite subtle, as in descended from a Desert Rat (Jon), and descended from a sniper (Michelle), which I've reflected in the use of their rifles.

Make the refs all you want but try to be subtle about it. Operation Oyster Bay, for instance, sounds relatively harmless until you realise that Oyster Bay = Pearl Harbor, and realise what Weber was referring to.

Remember, less is more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Someone said "I dare you."

So I did.

Aila W. Cairns
This is how one should go about things, Kha.

Anyhow it's alright, and I like the tartan, though i find it interesting that it's closer to the ancient hunting tartan of the Wallace clan, rather than the red combat tartan, which would have fit with the Butei skirt a bit better. Then again, she is hunting, just not game... hunting for targets and lo-

CRACK!

*Goose is shot.*

... anyway I like her, but the only quibble is that as per Butei regulations she needs to have a firearm of some sort, since Butei must be armed with blade and gun. Perhaps you may want her to use the SIG P232 that the Butei cannon fodder in Episode 3 use, since it's also the issue weapon for Japanese police detectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
No idea if it really works or not. But he was fun to create and perhaps someone finds a use for him.

The Courier
Interesting charecter. I predict high speed chases between him and Doc.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-06-01, 00:25   Link #323
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The X-Butei

Hajime Yanko
“Nine-tails”
Affiliation:
SSR - 14
Voice: Hikasa Yohko

The Mochizuki Institute of the Fine Arts for Girls is a fancy name for an orphanage and education facility. But it is really in the soft arts that they excel. Every child accepted is taught how to survive in the wide world, and, continuing the generations-old tradition, trained in the ways of the geisha and the chaste enlightenment of miko. Beneath that refined facade however is one of Japan’s worst kept secrets: All of these orphans are kunoichi, masters of intelligence gathering, smuggling, seduction, and, if need be, assassination. An affiliated school of Tokyo Butei, Mochigakuen has produced many confident young women who often specialize further within Butei’s many branches.

Yanko is another of these fabled girls, tall, demure and ravishly beautiful. She is a talent at ninjutsu, and is mentored part time under the tutelage of Hattori Hanzou when not at the Institute. She never seems fazed, and coolly turns down every confession with a few words of advice thrown in. She is also capable of superhuman feats, like merging into shadows, stepping through the dark and emerging from another to backstab an unwitting foe, dancing circles around an isolated enemy, replacing her body with a substitute and other things ninjas are famous for. Only a Choutei can learn these advanced skills, and as such their mastery is rare amongst the Mochizuki junoichi. However, these skills almost always require cover, shade, and are only really useful against a single target, or a few at most. Like a rogue, Yanko cannot go in guns-blazing like the other Choutei. Yanko's enthralling confidence and super-ninjaism earned her the title of Kyuubi or Nine-tails within Tokyo Butei.

The girl and Manami were friends from long ago as the werewolf would hang out at MIFA whenever the Black Pearl is docked in Tokyo Bay (Mrs Suzumeno’s alma mater is MIFA, having been in the same class as the current principal). As Yanko confesses, that cool gig was just all her years of training. The real Yanko is as about as girly and as scared as schoolgirls can ever get, the incredibly timid girl being frightened of anything from jack-in-a-boxes to cockroaches to odd things like barnacles. She is also very squeamish around matters of love and sex, and often falls victim to Nemo's innuendos. Her time at MIFA has honed her instincts to take over, and she copes by putting on an alluring mask that borders on a split personality. When there’s a need for it, she will suck it up and stalk her prey, using the methods she has sharpened close to perfection. She’s fine as long as she remains hidden. When she needs to strike, Yanko does, then quickly retreats into the shadow that is her comforter. However, she is prone to ‘gargolying’. This is explained by Manami to be ‘suddenly freezing up when the danger has passed because her body has been moving on its own but she has long fainted mentally.’ It takes a while before she ‘un-Stoneforms’, and requires her friends to keep her safe till then.

Because of her drilling in that art, Yanko is knowledgeable of toxicology. Oddly, this frightened Butei is fond of the occult, a fatal attraction almost akin to a scary-movie fanatic who scares herself to bits, picks up the pieces and go at it again. As such, Hajime is a generalist on matters of the supernatural, and provides a ‘bird’s eye view’ when involved in a case.

This kunoichi is first introduced when principal Krueger sent her to the Roswell Observatory to investigate reports of staff being abducted by supernatural forces. After Yanko and the X-Butei survive the mission, Yanko transfers into Butei Freshman Class X and officially joins the “Nakamura Faction”.

~~~~~~

Very long profile for a background character...

That leaves Adara, and thankfully, Tempy has given me the go-ahead.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-06-05 at 09:19.
Old 2011-06-01, 09:34   Link #324
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Updating Gertrude with weapons, but for now, the FAMAS that I mentioned is actually a H&K MP7 that she hides in her school bag. Sometimes she'd fit a FN P90 in there, for premeditated assault from undercover missions. Other times she has a SIG SG-550-1 long range rifle for sniping.
Old 2011-06-01, 14:02   Link #325
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That wall of text could use a bit of organizing. A couple of paragraphs would make that profile much easier to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Anyhow it's alright, and I like the tartan, though i find it interesting that it's closer to the ancient hunting tartan of the Wallace clan, rather than the red combat tartan, which would have fit with the Butei skirt a bit better. Then again, she is hunting, just not game... hunting for targets and lo-

CRACK!
Huh, I never knew that. *scribble scribble scribble* Useful info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
... anyway I like her, but the only quibble is that as per Butei regulations she needs to have a firearm of some sort, since Butei must be armed with blade and gun. Perhaps you may want her to use the SIG P232 that the Butei cannon fodder in Episode 3 use, since it's also the issue weapon for Japanese police detectives.
She does, a shotgun to be precise. But I've been meaning to address this, considering there are several characters that don't utilize guns, how strict is the Butei on following this rule exactly?
Old 2011-06-01, 16:32   Link #326
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
She does, a shotgun to be precise. But I've been meaning to address this, considering there are several characters that don't utilize guns, how strict is the Butei on following this rule exactly?
Give her a sawn-off?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-01, 16:39   Link #327
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Give her a sawn-off?
Keroko gave Wallace a Fabarm ultra short shotgun after Tempy's suggestion, and it computes.
Old 2011-06-01, 17:10   Link #328
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

If you're thinking of Shiraiyuki; even she has a gun...
Old 2011-06-01, 17:38   Link #329
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

I made three more.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:07   Link #330
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Keroko gave Wallace a Fabarm ultra short shotgun after Tempy's suggestion, and it computes.
Maybe we could modify it with a lever-action loader to make it cooler.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:19   Link #331
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Why go through all the trouble when there's this?
Old 2011-06-01, 20:35   Link #332
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
don`t tell me this one is model 1887 shotgun?
Old 2011-06-01, 23:20   Link #333
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
That wall of text could use a bit of organizing. A couple of paragraphs would make that profile much easier to read.
Done. It just got bigger and bigger as I piled more information in.

Now to start formating all the X-Butei profiles into a proper wiki article.
Old 2011-06-02, 04:16   Link #334
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
The Fabarm holds 8 rounds if I am not wrong, while the W87 only holds 5. More rounds is always FTW.

Old 2011-06-02, 08:42   Link #335
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The Fabarm holds 8 rounds if I am not wrong, while the W87 only holds 5. More rounds is always FTW.
Keroko's Wallace is using the SDASS ultra-short version, a relatively new model that's about 36cm long. It holds 5 shots, and is meant as a supplement for Wallace's sword and daggers.
Old 2011-06-02, 08:56   Link #336
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

/me throws all the guns away from the Choutei.

When you can parry and reflect bullets, and your opponent is likewise as immune, the usefulness of ammunition fades...
Old 2011-06-02, 19:31   Link #337
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost

Support character

Spoiler for portrait:

Name: Yves Brunet (Yves is pronouced iv, yes the E and S are mute).
(theorical) VA: Jun Fukuyama
Nationality: French (born in Japan)
Class: 2nd Year
Butei Rank: A
Ancestor: Jules Brunet
Department: Assault (Dagula elective)
Bloodline Ability: None
Weapon: A katana and a Sig-Sauer SP 2022.
Friends: Kaede Fujita, Nene Otonashi and Yasmin Saif.

Character Quotes:

"It's not the blood or the homeland of my parents that matters, it is the heart and the soul that guide my sword."

Background:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

Ability:
None

Style:
Compared to Kaede, Yves' fighting style is a little more traditional yet flamboyant kenjutsu, with a side of iaijutsu as a mean to surprise and catch the opponent off-guard.. The lion could be the animal that could represent him. Unlike Kaede, he is also as good with his firearm, a Sig-Sauer SP 2022.

Trivia
Spoiler:

Author's note

I have realized that all of my male OCs are perverts, three different flavors of pervert, the gentleman pervert, the troll pervert and the accidental pervert. I have felt the need to make a male OC that could balance it out. But just doing that would not be that. As I have browsed pixiv to find an original male that is not too bishie and not too shota, I have found that picture that have somehow inspired me. This have gone that way. So this guy is blonde and have a katana? What if he is a caucasian AND a japanophile. But I did not want to make someone who loves Japan and is turned into a joke like Sodom, I wanted someone who have been integrated into the country and would be mistaken for a japanese, if not for his actual ethnicity and physical features. This is when I have remembered that the movie "The Last Samurai" have been inspired by the story of a French officer who chose to side with the Shogunate in the last war that would determine the fate of Japan, and especially the samurai caste. Then I left the rest to my imagination as I tried to make a male OC more chivalrous and more considerate to the girls than the three last ones.

Next ones in line

Kaede

Nene

Yasmin

Characters so far

The thrill of OCing, I have thought to have lost it in nerdrage and frustration. Maybe because I have not joined the party that late, and am not frustrated by the developments of the fictional universe.

Kirsten Vikernes (Assault)

Preston Lee Whitworth (Medica)

Amélie D'Artagnan (Inquista)

Fiorenza Diotallevi (Logi)

Sanae Noriaki (Amdo)

Jin Yamazaki (SSR)

Svetlana Dragovic (Snipe)

Naoko Kazami (Connect)

Erin Dee Kirishima (Informa)

Kentaro Murasame (Amdo)

PS: I have retconned the age and school class of many OCs to match their backstories and experience. So far the only genuine noob is Kirsten.

Last edited by Sheba; 2011-06-03 at 08:31.
Old 2011-06-02, 22:51   Link #338
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Which worldline am I in? Why is Sheba creating more OCs than I'll ever will in Ariaverse?! And ALL of them fit in my scheme of things perfectly?!?!
Old 2011-06-02, 22:52   Link #339
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Making one's own fic? Well, now I don't have to imagine classmates... I can just borrow her OCs. XD
Old 2011-06-02, 22:54   Link #340
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...termie, its a trap.

EDIT: I've changed my plans around. Because of the numbers now (and yet to come) I'm dropping the non-active OCs to "recurring characters from other classes", while putting most of the active ones (save Elise) into A Certain Butei Class (No more Class X ).

Also, Wolf's Eden was renamed to [EVEN] as originally intended.

More patch notes coming as the last of the X-Butei is set to be launched.