AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 13 18.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 22.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-25, 04:55   Link #41
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
"Cease and desist you perverts!"

About summarizes this episode. Not too big of a fan of the loli fanservice, but Yukimura was the show stealer. So gd hot. Fortunately Yukimura seems to be a girl.

Poor Yozora and Rika weren't available as they felt too much anxiety and left. Ah, what a sad day.

7/10
PERVS RULE THE WORLD!
Old 2011-11-25, 05:17   Link #42
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

honestly... this episode got everything to reach 10/10... shark ending... kobato's casual clothes, tricked and punished Maria, swimsuit.... but everything is ruined in the ending... I don't really get it.... so 9/10 from me

omg.. so many Kobato in here.... *nosebleed* *moe overload*

looks like we still get many Kobato, and Sena X Kodaka scene in next episode
Old 2011-11-25, 05:22   Link #43
potchip

Remember the prequel? This is mirroring the prequel - you think you got yourself a harem anime, now that the club is assembled and it's time for rapid developing harem plot. Pool episode, check. Lolis check. Swimwear, check. And it turns out not to be the standard pool service episode at all. You were trolled, and in a way reminded that characters in this anime will likely stay true to their settings (ie, not quite normal) for a while yet.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:32   Link #44
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To me the highlights were the Shark End, Rika's perversion, Kobato's delusions, Yozora and Rika being car sick, Kobato getting a treat of Oppai and the more dramatic part when the rest of the group realize that the day won't be the same without Rika and Yozora.

I think that last part says a lot about the group dynamic.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:37   Link #45
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Kobato is still cute in her true form. Lol Sena going crazy over her. Wow Yozora really called it with that game. The Yukimura changing scene was hilarious. Way to go Yozora, messing things up again, what a waste.
Rika also left....
Old 2011-11-25, 06:47   Link #46
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Poor Kodaka, I think Yukimura is confusing the hell out of his sexual identity.

Fanservice aside, I think Kobato's "transformation" was a nice step forward for her. It's appropriate that her "true form" as a vampire is a lot closer to what you'd imagine a girl like her might normally wear. Though I have to wonder if they stopped buying her normal clothes at some point, and that's why she defaulted to her t-shirt from when she was 10.

The funny thing is that I don't think Kobato had any intention of flashing her brother. I bet she truly intended to perform a wicked-cool transformation sequence for him, and was legitimately disappointed that she couldn't pull it off. Er... pull it on?

What do you think, Onii-chan?

Spoiler for ep 08:

I will be so disappointed if they don't keep up this apparent running gag of everyone completely forgetting that Maria even exists by the 1/3 mark of the episode. She makes an adorable Zoidberg.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:06   Link #47
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Now, that's what I really call a brother. He didn't even blushed when he sees his sister changing. It is nice to see a change pace this time. Kobato really creeps out whenever Sena is doing perverted
Old 2011-11-25, 07:12   Link #48
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yozora and Rika being car sick, Kobato getting a treat of Oppai and the more dramatic part when the rest of the group realize that the day won't be the same without Rika and Yozora.

I think that last part says a lot about the group dynamic.
Minor correction though, they were not being car-sick. They can't stand being surrounded by large crowds of people which was why they gave up and left.
Old 2011-11-25, 08:14   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That made up for the lack of Kobato screentime those past two episodes. I'm loving Sena's infatuation with Kobato, those two are my favorite characters in the show so seeing them so close (especially in crowded buses) pleases me very much. A shame Sena's feelings aren't reciprocal

It makes for good comedy though. They have a nice dyKobato keeps trying to reject her and it produces the opposite effect. Sena likes it when they fight back... I think she's played too many eroge

The ending of the episode was surprisingly serious. I didn't see that coming. I hope they're going to address Yozora and Rika's issues in upcoming episodes. In the meantime, I shall enjoy Kodaka and Papa Sena's meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Kodaka is the chillest male lead ever. Any other main character during that early Kobato scene would've had a nosebleed aneurysm.
It just goes to show he thinks of Kobato as nothing more than a sister. It's actually refreshing that those two have a normal (if you exclude Kobato's vampire act) sibling relationship with any hint of incest whatsoever. Nevertheless, Kobato should be more self-conscious. The other reason Kodaka didn't react is that he isn't interested in lolis. If she does grow up... those strip shows transformation sequences might become a problem for him.
Old 2011-11-25, 08:15   Link #50
VVolf
夜空派

Figures when both Yozora and Rikia leaves, for every good reasons, it's Yozora who gets the blame for screwing everything up.
Old 2011-11-25, 09:03   Link #51
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

It was a nice change to see Kobato is causal clothing, she looked so cute The scene when she was changing clothes right in front of Kodaka was rather awkward, but then again, thats what makes Kobato who she is, a pretty, funny, unique character XD

And once again, my favorite character Maria is left humiliated again, not that I didn't enjoy seeing her cutenesss when running around naked with joy XD I have to admit, she is adorable when happy. Seeing Kodaka always makes her happy which makes me smile :P Alas, being a disple of God, she was sadly punished in the end XD Poor Maria, sniffling with that sign on her as she sat on her knee's. Curse you Yozora!

Speaking of Maria...

Spoiler for Maria:

When Rika was wondering what she should wear to seduce Kodaka and all those images came up, I wouldn't mind seeing her in all of them

The bus ride was pretty funny, especislly with Rika somehow getting sick and aroused at the same time XD

As for the ending, it was pretty sorrowful. When Kodaka said "She still hasn't changed" thats what they were all thinking about on the bus, that Yozora hasn't accepted them as friends and is still the same as before. At least, thats what I think :P

Last edited by DXMichael; 2011-11-25 at 10:36.
Old 2011-11-25, 09:08   Link #52
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

I feel the truly sad thing is that the cast is obviously becoming closer with each other, enough to actually qualify as friends, and yet...they can't see it. Anyways, I really like the piano piece at the end of the episode. =)

7/10 episode for me (noticed some animation dips)
Old 2011-11-25, 09:10   Link #53
Peanutbutter

A good episode for Kobato fans.

Didn't expect the melodrama at the end. Can't see how this will go at the end of the series.
Old 2011-11-25, 09:13   Link #54
LC
Shocking Pink

Sena's heavy breathing...lol...she really can be a creeper when Kobato's brought into the equation.
Old 2011-11-25, 09:19   Link #55
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Yozora AHO !!!
Why does she has to ruin it??
Ugh... Ugh...
Old 2011-11-25, 09:22   Link #56
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Yozora AHO !!!
Ugh... Ugh...

You know, I kinda predicted people would forget that Rika also left, but it just surprises me how right I am sometimes.
Old 2011-11-25, 10:31   Link #57
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Yozora AHO !!!
Ugh... Ugh...
Why should Yozora (and Rika) be forced to stay in a place that literally makes them nauseous? It didn't seem like the rest of the club was having that much fun, anyway.
Old 2011-11-25, 10:32   Link #58
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
You know, I kinda predicted people would forget that Rika also left, but it just surprises me how right I am sometimes.
I even see people trying to defend Rika while bashing Yozora. Just shows how deep and irrational hatred of characters can be.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-11-25, 10:52   Link #59
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
tbh i doubt many people care about Maria

Kobato on the other hand...

Spoiler for Highly NSFW:

10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree best episode so far... had exactly the right amount of Kobato and her side-kicks that make her look cuter than my former pet as well as saccharine-overload Kana-chan VAing makes her, to much to bear

Also better have an 11/10, because the cup-size boost that Kobato got in that screen-shot makes me wish to see Feyris

Also Rika commentingtwisting Yozora's words is just perfect, exactly reflecting my thoughts

Oh! and to fuel the Sena vs. Yozora flamers lurking... Sena once more got so disappointed that there was no opportunity to get scolded by Yozora or Kodaka, in addition to out of all the persons that Yozora could mail, she picked Sena to show her failure

Finally, sister Kate made her first appearance...

PS: first part I read recently in Megami... WTF?

PS2/Question: Why did Kodaka take tickets for adults

PS3: Yukimura... OMG! ...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-11-25 at 20:23. Reason: Let's not go there just to be safe. :)
Old 2011-11-25, 10:52   Link #60
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

She's 13....that's adult no?

Best parts, Kobato of course....and Rika's "she HELD IT IN HNNNG HNNNGG HNNNGGG"