Notices

Old 2006-06-07, 09:12   Link #421
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
Sorry if it bothers you, but would you kindly provide us with the romaji version please..?
Seconded
(And, btw, me also is a girl ^_^.)
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 13:12   Link #422
Dav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
Aww.. then thanks for it, Dav^^
Sorry if it bothers you, but would you kindly provide us with the romaji version please..? I can't read hiragana >.<

Oh, and you are a girl... hehe.. same with me
Haha... To be honest, I'm an extremely lazy person, that's why I couldn't be bothered to provide romaji for the lyrics I type. And... I guess I don't have a lot of free time as well.

But since you requested (and I have a little time to spare), consider it a special service from me.

StoPani OP
Spoiler:

StoPani ED
Spoiler:
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 05:23   Link #423
rain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
there! that's should do it. hmm, what's up with her big hair clip?
I say good choice. I <3 how Chikaru's looks with those two big ribbon hairclips of hers.
rain... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 11:23   Link #424
Rin-Sama
Banned

Lightning stuck my house last Friday so i haven't been able to se the latest episodes yet. :-(
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 13:16   Link #425
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
Lightning stuck my house last Friday so i haven't been able to se the latest episodes yet. :-(
You can still catch-up though. It's not that pretty far.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 15:34   Link #426
Rin-Sama
Banned

Good thing my local Library has the internet. Down side is i can only come here twice a week.....
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 15:37   Link #427
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I always save my downloaded movies on a disc to prevent overcrowding and eating up my memory.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-06-08, 16:15   Link #428
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 10 really was the win - i'm talking about best episode ever. ^^;

Right from the start i knew that the building relationship between Nagisa & Shizuma was gonna be something, but just thinking about it doesn't compare to actually seeing it in action - mainly a lot of the scenes in episode 10.

Smiling Shizuma - the win of all wins!

Edit: Looks like we'll be getting a new OP soon - can't wait to hear it~

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(blue)/deta...?KEY=LACM-4276

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-06-08 at 16:37.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 05:18   Link #429
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Well, there still are 16 episodes to come. It was the best episode so far, I'd say.

Quote:
Edit: Looks like we'll be getting a new OP soon - can't wait to hear it~

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(blue)/deta...?KEY=LACM-4276
Yay!
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 09:41   Link #430
Amaranthine

I've got to agree that this was the best episode so far, and with Angelsama's reason why. It's great to Shizuma and Nagisa forming a proper relationship. The scene with Shizuma pillowing Nagisa's head in her lap was a nice one. ^^ Although... I wasn't sure whether it was supposed to be a dream or not, and I don't really have time to watch it again. It's cute either way, but if Nagisa was dreaming it shows how her feelings for Shizuma are developing.

Look forward to the new OP as well... maybe it will be introduced once the halfway point in the series has been passed?
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 11:13   Link #431
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its hard to say if the scene with Nagisa resting on Shizuma's lap was a dream or not - but i rather like the idea of it being a dream.

The fact that Nagisa is starting to develop this kinds of feelings is all so magical~
Old 2006-06-09, 12:08   Link #432
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine
....The scene with Shizuma pillowing Nagisa's head in her lap was a nice one. ^^ Although... I wasn't sure whether it was supposed to be a dream or not.... It's cute either way, but if Nagisa was dreaming it shows how her feelings for Shizuma are developing....
I thought she wasn't dreaming. I thought it was just that Shizuma came when she was already asleep, and was gone when she woke up. So it seemed like a dream to her. I really enjoyed that part, too. Nagisa tames Shizuma. I like the way Nabatame Hitomi (Arcueid Brunestad, Nobue-oneesan, Kiri) is playing Shizuma.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 12:16   Link #433
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I like the way Nabatame Hitomi (Arcueid Brunestad, Nobue-oneesan, Kiri) is playing Shizuma.
I have to agree - how Shizuma acts, i just see Arcueid. Hitomi is one hell of a seiyuu~
Old 2006-06-09, 17:45   Link #434
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
That's funny, I thought it was the worst SP episode. At least episode six had the cosplay club part. No Spica characters, no funny Tamao moments=very boring episode. I think Tamao should have freaked out when Shizuma decided to help Nagisa learn French. She freaked out when she couldn't share her umbrella with Nagisa and now she takes it in stride? Yeah, right...
How many times do we have to see Nagisa tripping in this series? And did we really have to witness one of the ultimate cliches - someone falling "accidentally" into the embrace of the person he or she loves? Finally - Shizuma trying to kiss Nagisa and what was Nagisa's reaction - she was more concerned about the cookies! You would expect her to react in some other way to someone trying to kiss her but this is Nagisa and we all know she is oblivious to everything concerning love.
Sorry for the rant. And please, please, let there be Spica characters in the next episode!

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 17:50   Link #435
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm saying best episode ever 'cause its what i've been wanting - a coming of romance that makes my heart beat just thinking about the scene's - of course it didn't have many of the characters, but still this is what i've been wanting from this series.
Old 2006-06-09, 20:38   Link #436
Sigurd
Abyss Walker

Matrim, I do recommend you to find some (or a lot of) Shoujo manga to read. That should help you get some immunity to cliches and cheesiness.

No offense, but I started to get bored to death when a person comes up and says Strawberry Panic! is full of cliches. I think the the series has clearly stated the intention to use every cliche known to man, since... like the first few episodes.

People seem to like comparing SP! with Marimite or KnM. Though, as far as I have seen, if you think out of Yuri manga/anime we have known, these kind of cliches so existed since long long time ago. When it comes to school life and love story, you rarely find anything new under the sun. That's why cliches don't really bother me.

As for episode 10, I like it. I like anime Shizuma, though I wish she'd be more like her manga counterpart, especially that sly, playful, queen-like attitude. Nabatame Hitome also was a big reason I like her. Anyway, I think the scenes at the lake, and in the greenhouse were done quite well. A good episode for me. ( Though nothing beats the Mystery club and its super crazy club members, and the pretz! Chikaru has been my fav so far. ) Nagisa? hmm, I don't really like her manga counterpart, too childish for my taste, but the anime Nagisa is pretty nice, genki character, not too childish, and she studied hard for the test!! Absolutely fine with me.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 00:46   Link #437
Cyz
"Show it to me"

i finally able to watched ep. 10. looks like shizuma confirms that she did like nagisa. btw, she looks cute when she's sleeping
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-06-10, 06:17   Link #438
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

That makes 3 clubs we've seen Chikaru create already, the cosplay club, the mystery club and the cookie club. (There's a possibility that she created all the other clubs in Le Lim as well. )

Chikaru continues her quest (with her two cute minions, Kizuna and Remon) to create a club that is fun and exciting. At this rate she'll eventually form one that "searches for aliens, time travellers and espers and play with them", only to be sued by the commander of a certain SOS Brigade for breach of copyright.

Next episode is the long awaited beach episode, cute lesbian girls in swimsuits, what more could I ask for? (OK, I'm shallow, shoot me. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 06:54   Link #439
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
When it comes to school life and love story, you rarely find anything new under the sun.
Sure but in some episodes of SP there is nothing but cliche after cliche, IMHO. But I don't think I would have had a problem with that if Nagisa and to a lesser extent Shizuma didn't bore me to tears these days. The Spica episodes are usually chock-full of cliches too but I like them more.

Quote:
I like it. I like anime Shizuma, though I wish she'd be more like her manga counterpart, especially that sly, playful, queen-like attitude.
She was like that in the first episodes to an extent than for some unknown reason she changed. And I really don't see how the manga Nagisa is more childish than the anime version of the character, they are both too childish.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 07:56   Link #440
Mentar
Banned

*shrug*

Sigurd, look at Matrim's avatar subtitle. He's a troll, he takes pride in being a troll, and he's a particularly repetitive one to boot. I recommend to use the "ignore" feature. Helped me alot on this board
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri