AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-03-06, 15:53   Link #441
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons View Post
But wasn't that a mistranslation of him actually feeling grateful for Luffy stopping Arlong?
was it? haven't heard that
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 16:51   Link #442
karaya
Behind lies is truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I really doubt Jinbei on the grounds i expect him to turn into an enemy... despite what he and Luffy have been through together he seems to harbor some resentment over what happened to arlong

I expect Luffy to go into a nice long coma due to how far he's been pushing himself

I think one plausible problem for Hancock's background, is the flashback... every strawhat, or strawhat to be has been getting nice long detailed flashbacks; the only exception being ussop's whose was kinda brief... Hancock had her shot at a flashback and all the juicy details was told to us in exposition form as opposed to being shown like the other starwhats; her background is one that could have taken 2-3 chapters to tell... sure you could say oda could still show that flashback, but when it comes down to it we have to ask what the point would be to show us the flashback when we already been told all the high points.
Lol tell that to naruto anime team
karaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 03:45   Link #443
striderm
Adusa #1

About Jinbei: I still think his "thoughts" were shown in a more ambiguous way so it doesn't outright tell people what his thoughts are on the matter yet. What he actually spoke or thought doesn't give us anything.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 18:17   Link #444
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I really can't see hancock being the new crew member, as it is likely the final crew member. Luffy originally said when he met coby he though about 10 people would be good for a crew. They have 9 counting Luffy. Uptil now every crew member has had a purpose.

Luffy - Captain
Zoro - First mate/Swords man
Nami - Navigator
Ussop- Sharp Shooter
Sanji - Cook
Chopa- Doctor
Robin - Archaeologist/Historian
Franky- Shipwright
Brook - Musician

what purpose would Boa serve, luffy's girlfriend?
Old 2010-03-09, 22:24   Link #445
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Before this arc I was skeptical about Hancock joining the SH, mostly because it would make them too over-powered. But now it's fair game really... I don't think her "purpose" would be an issue, Oda can easily come up with a "profession" for her. She wasn't always an empress... Boa could be a great tailor, hairdresser, dancer, painter, I don't know.

There's still the fact that she's arguably stronger than Luffy right now though.

Last edited by aliasxn; 2010-03-10 at 12:21.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 00:44   Link #446
AdventSleeper

IMO the next member is going to be one that isn't introduced yet. I just can't see any current characters that aren't already in the SH crew to join it.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 03:10   Link #447
ashesatdusk

I personally think the new crew member will be someone who joins just before the new world or in the new world.
Old 2010-03-14, 13:49   Link #448
m13
Junior Detective

I would like Ivankov to join, but I don't think that's very likely to happen
m13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 18:01   Link #449
Muyasuki

I think the biggest problem with Hancock and Jinbei joining the SH is that it would throw off the balance. I don't think Oda will or should add anyone permanently that would be stronger than any of the "monster 3" (Luffy, Sanji, Zoro). I also think that this large arc proved that having strong alliances are incredibly useful which is what I would expect out of the two instead.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 21:47   Link #450
ninetail1989
Dreamer

well..i am putting my money on Mr 2 to be the final member of the SH...

Bone Grey=Dancer

he is not dead anyway....Poison guy failed to kill him i guess when he saw the monitor that BB coming back up with huge famous faces....and Mr 2 jus run off disguising him self as a marine and escape in peace....n will reunite with SH in SB island
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 18:51   Link #451
John D.

My own theories upon impending new recruits are that neither of the last forshadowed two Straw Hats has been revealed yet. My stance is that Hancock and Jimbei will be allied to the Straw Hats while having their own affairs on AI and FI respectively. Mr. 2 is loyal like no other (and an okama to boot!) but despite his obvious bonding with Luffy I see him going with his Queen/King Ivan-sama rather then becoming a Straw Hat (if he is alive at all...)

Furthermore, I believe that the Straw Hats will, after solving the problems and the like on Fisherman Island, will find a Fisherman Helmsman to join the crew. The last crew member will be found in the New World, a women with one of the rare devil fruits that enables flight and she will fill the role of the scout for the Straw Hats.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 20:25   Link #452
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Before this arc I was skeptical about Hancock joining the SH, mostly because it would make them too over-powered. But now it's fair game really... I don't think her "purpose" would be an issue, Oda can easily come up with a "profession" for her. She wasn't always an empress... Boa could be a great tailor, hairdresser, dancer, painter, I don't know.

There's still the fact that she's arguably stronger than Luffy right now though.

Boa was like a queen on her island, she also looks down on her people as a sign of royalty

you honestly think she's gonna lower herself as a dancer? or tailor? hairdresser? Not only that but she also has her people to look out for, she's already branded as a traitor if he goes with Luffy that would mean the Marine would go after her people.

Number 2 is the best bet in joining Luffys crew, he can be an entertainer plus he's been in impel down for awhile im sure he has great information on alot of things.
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 21:11   Link #453
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I'm just saying if Oda intended to make Boa join the SH her "job" wouldn't be an issue.

Amazon Lilly isn't exactly defenseless without her, and it's not like she cares anyway. The only reason she is at Marineford right now is because of Luffy, not her people.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 21:25   Link #454
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I'm just saying if Oda intended to make Boa join the SH her "job" wouldn't be an issue.

Amazon Lilly isn't exactly defenseless without her, and it's not like she cares anyway. The only reason she is at Marineford right now is because of Luffy, not her people.

she's the only one in that island that can use Haki im pretty sure they need her. She may act like she's doesn't care about them but im pretty sure she does.

What is she gonna do in luffys ship exactly?

Zoro - Always training

Sanji - cooking

Chopper - reading up on medacines

Ussop - making new gadgets

Franky - working on ship

Nami - looking for the coordination, seeking new destinations, mapping checking out weather

Robin - reading up on history

Brook - tuning up his violin and playing it

She's gonna look around and feel useless and it's only gonna add in drama
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 21:36   Link #455
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK1412 View Post
she's the only one in that island that can use Haki im pretty sure they need her. She may act like she's doesn't care about them but im pretty sure she does.
She the only one that can use King's Haki. Pretty much everyone on the island can use the regular version.
Old 2010-03-22, 22:29   Link #456
ashesatdusk

really I think half the reason people want Boa on the ship, is they want to see Luffy x Boa (which I would rather not see). I really don't see any real reason for her to be on the crew.

any way guys I hate to burst your bubble but the next crew member is going to be me. =P
Old 2010-03-23, 12:30   Link #457
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

In the idea of the next member being a dancer, I wouldn't be surprised if it would fall to Mr 2 to join. He would definitely fit the role and would be even better if Iva would turn him into a "her". Just imagine the way Sanji would react to "Mrs" 2 coming on to him and Sanji knowing that it's really a guy.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 18:10   Link #458
AceD
See You En' Tee

Jimbei does seem the most likely member at this point in time, everyone has speculated for a long time a Shichibukai would eventually join them, then a fishman would join...He has sworn to protect Luffy and hes a very proud person, if he doesn't give his life protecting him, i'd say its a strong possibility.
Old 2010-03-23, 22:15   Link #459
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
really I think half the reason people want Boa on the ship, is they want to see Luffy x Boa (which I would rather not see). I really don't see any real reason for her to be on the crew.

any way guys I hate to burst your bubble but the next crew member is going to be me. =P
The reason people want Boa is because she's insanely hot.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 22:24   Link #460
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The reason people want Boa is because she's insanely hot.
It's not just because she is insanely hot, but because her with Robin and Nami = Stupefyingly Hot .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote