AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-06-22, 01:34   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 544 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers released...

Quote:
-Shikaku and Katsuyu talk about the Zetsu situation. Apparently the night hasn't been going very well...

-Cut to A vs. B. The two continue their "discussion". B's words explain just why he and Naruto should fight. B exclaims that there is a "sun" inside of himself (and Naruto), that represents their true strength, not the Bijuu, and that without this they could have never reached their current strength. A questions Naruto as to what his "sun" is, to which Naruto replies "My dad and my mum!". The two discuss the implications of what Minato and Kushina did by giving the Kyuubi to Naruto, and the Raikage questions whether Minato was the "savior" or not (apparently the old Toad's Prophecy is well known now?). Tsunade steps in and argues that if Naruto si killed, then the Kyuubi will be truly taken, and all hope will be lost.

-A, activating his Lightning Armor, suddenly tackles B (sending him flying), then charges at Naruto with intent to kill. Right before A's fist smashes Naruto's face, he is able to evade the punch. A, shocked that someone else is able to evade his punch (the only other being Minato), is finally willing to admit that Naruto could be useful.

-Cut to Shikaku, who finally learns that the only solution to his problem is to use Naruto's emotional sensing ability. A's hot secretary thinks this is a silly idea (since A just went to kill Naruto), but Katsuyu chimes in about the nights events...

-Cut to Madara, who seems to have spent the night outfitting his Jinchuuriki zombies with Sharingan and Rinnegan implants. Using the Rinnegan, he is able to turn the 6 bodies into a new Pain.

-Chapter ends, and the second day of war begins...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-06-22 at 08:57.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 04:29   Link #2
mrShady

SPOILERS:

naruto turns into the yellow flash

raikage teaches naruto something

madara uses the jinchiriki to create a new Pain. (yugito etc)

it’s bad!!
madara has created a brand new pain

everyone, he has equipped rinnegan and sharingan
(sharingan has a typo, wrong kanji)
right eye, sharingan
left eye, rinnegan

Hmmmm well that didn't make any sense
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 04:56   Link #3
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Basically Naruto converted Raikage to Narutism and Madara used the corpses (or the Edo it's not clear) of the Jinchuuriki he killed to create 6 new Paths.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 05:19   Link #4
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Basically Naruto converted Raikage to Narutism and Madara used the corpses (or the Edo it's not clear) of the Jinchuuriki he killed to create 6 new Paths.
that sounds so bad ass...the part about madara that is
Old 2011-06-22, 05:35   Link #5
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

And as expected, Shikaku's plan is to use Naruto in Kyuubi Mode to sniff out the White Zetsu. Apparently they messed up the Alliance badly during the night. Although I don't know how kage bunshin in Kyuubi Mode will work.

Quote:
Madara used the corpses (or the Edo it's not clear) of the Jinchuuriki he killed to create 6 new Paths.
It will be really odd if there are two sets of Jinchuuriki running around now. Madara's and Kabuto's.

At least we finally are starting the second day.
Old 2011-06-22, 07:01   Link #6
ronin myael
lost ronin

the spoilers sound messed up. a brand new pain, eh? i thought he planned on using the bijuu chakra for some complicated weapon? but instead we get more zombies? oh god forbid!
Old 2011-06-22, 08:17   Link #7
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So it seems that

- A was talk-no-jutsed and converted to Narutism.
- Naruto is now faster than Minato.
- The Naruto is the Messiah stuff goes into overdrive. Even Naruto is now rambling about how he is the chosen one and will save the world. I love that one pic where Kushina and Minato look like the Virgin Mary and God with their son Jesus.
- The White Zetsu problem is solved by Shika's dad and Naruto is the solution. Jesus saves!
- Madara has made the jinchuuriki into the new Pain and they have a rinnegan in one eye and a sharingan in the other. You can't make that crap up.
- Day begins

Just wow.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 09:24   Link #8
mrShady

It's a good thing there were that many rinnegan eyes around....... ow wait.....
Either the pain bodies retained their rinnegan eyes or kishi did another ass pull.
And was it me or is that 2 suns thing extremely lame. That and the self proclaimed savior thing.
On the other hand speedy naruto is although predictable really exciting especially if he has more to show.
Old 2011-06-22, 09:52   Link #9
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ Agreed, that 2 suns thing was definitely lame. But the chapter was good.

Naruto runs to sunset

Madara: Trolololol I've got 7 rinnegan/sharingan jinchuuriki :'D
Old 2011-06-22, 09:59   Link #10
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Either the pain bodies retained their rinnegan eyes or kishi did another ass pull.
The bodies used by Nagato did not have the Rinnegan originally. Presumably, the bearer of the Rinnegan can give birth to the 6 paths of pain, all of them assorted with a pair of Rinnegan eyes. Madara already having his own personal collection of Sharingan eyes also means he can implant them in the 6 Paths if he wants to.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 10:01   Link #11
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Madara simply used the same jutsu that allowed Nagato to have corpses walking around with the Rinnegan, hence why they are the new Pains Rikudou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
And as expected, Shikaku's plan is to use Naruto in Kyuubi Mode to sniff out the White Zetsu. Apparently they messed up the Alliance badly during the night. Although I don't know how kage bunshin in Kyuubi Mode will work.
Logically it shouldn't, it was stated a few chapters ago that Naruto can't use KB in Kyubi mode because that would allow the Kyubi to take all his chakra away and kill him. But he's going to do it anyway for it was written and so it shall work, all praise to thee almighty Savior.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 10:34   Link #12
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
So it seems that I love that one pic where Kushina and Minato look like the Virgin Mary and God with their son Jesus.
i lol'd .
Old 2011-06-22, 10:41   Link #13
Cael
Lurker Mode

Edo Tensei + 6 Paths + Jinchuuriki + Sharingan... that's quite an upgrade! I'm glad he didn't try and make a ten tails without Naruto and Bee.

So Naruto has some speed like daddy... too bad he can't teleport to markers. He'll have to learn his fathers jutsu or come up with an alternative on his own if he wants to surpass Minato.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 12:56   Link #14
Lendial

where did he get that many eyes? also, what is the point of having both types of eyes for each person- is there some sort of advantage.
Old 2011-06-22, 13:06   Link #15
mrShady

Quote:
Madara simply used the same jutsu that allowed Nagato to have corpses walking around with the Rinnegan, hence why they are the new Pains Rikudou.

Logically it shouldn't, it was stated a few chapters ago that Naruto can't use KB in Kyubi mode because that would allow the Kyubi to take all his chakra away and kill him. But he's going to do it anyway for it was written and so it shall work, all praise to thee almighty Savior.
Hmmm oke I get the rinnegan but how did he implant the sharingan? Edo tensei zombies reform any lost body part instantly, thus taking out their eyes will result in the eyes reforming.
Old 2011-06-22, 13:12   Link #16
sayde

Quote:
Hmmm oke I get the rinnegan but how did he implant the sharingan? Edo tensei zombies reform any lost body part instantly, thus taking out their eyes will result in the eyes reforming.
Was it ever confirmed somewhere that the same technique used to distribute the rinnengan to resurrected corpses couldn't be used for the Sharingan as well? Because if not, the answer might just be that simple.

Anyways, at least they don't seem to possess MS...yet. Still, rinnengan + sharigan on the same body isn't something I expected to see from anyone but Madara himself. So this is a fun surprise. If they do possess MS, it'll be interesting to see what new eye hax Sasuke's going to need in order to come off as a significantly bigger threat than these guys. This might also be Naruto's moment to foreshadow how he's going to battle Madara and Sasuke.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 13:24   Link #17
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Nagato didnt need to use Edo Tensei to use those dead bodies of his, so I'm guessing neither does Madara
Old 2011-06-22, 13:26   Link #18
janipani

Well done Kishi! Keep this up and we get anjoyable ending for this series.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 13:26   Link #19
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Madara: I can't lose now bitches!!!!
Old 2011-06-22, 13:29   Link #20
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Chapter's out. And its alright. Though I am happy Kishimoto didn't make Naruto refer to himself as a saviour but rather that he has to step into that role for his father's sake. That's at least somewhat more like him, otherwise he'd be acting the same way Nagato did.

-One more thing I'll give Kishimoto is that he's finally mking use of the Jinchuuriki. Shame they're dead, lifeless zombies now but I'll take what I can get.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion