2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-24, 23:14   Link #81
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Note that they had to stop to go through the dungeon. That slowed them down. Being able to just fly over most obstacles outside dragon hatcheries on mountains probably helps a lot more than might be apparent, depending on terrain.
True that could very easily add some time still I'd probably be a day at most. The other thing to consider is traveling by Griffin and yes I realize the Griffin Whistle is reward item received for a high raid but on the other hand Akiba has over 15,000 residents plenty of whom are high level players so they could probably mobilize a fairly effective force that way if they really wanted to.
Old 2014-01-25, 07:02   Link #82
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
True that could very easily add some time still I'd probably be a day at most. The other thing to consider is traveling by Griffin and yes I realize the Griffin Whistle is reward item received for a high raid but on the other hand Akiba has over 15,000 residents plenty of whom are high level players so they could probably mobilize a fairly effective force that way if they really wanted to.
High level players does not mean a great portion will have those whistles. To compare, back in ye olde WoW days, only about 10% of the players ever so much as set foot in the high-end raids.
Old 2014-01-25, 08:28   Link #83
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
High level players does not mean a great portion will have those whistles. To compare, back in ye olde WoW days, only about 10% of the players ever so much as set foot in the high-end raids.
Well my figure is a little high since I figured they'd need about 1.5% of the population to have it since they wouldn't be fighting a full war just helping the kids turn back that detachment.
Old 2014-01-25, 10:19   Link #84
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well my figure is a little high since I figured they'd need about 1.5% of the population to have it since they wouldn't be fighting a full war just helping the kids turn back that detachment.
I think the novels state that only around 200 players on the Yamato server have it.
Old 2014-01-25, 12:35   Link #85
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i think that is 200 that got transported.

added that the quest for the griffon whistles was also a limited time only quest.
Old 2014-01-26, 00:21   Link #86
Ickarium

Note also that it is a really hard raid, and for a lot of the raids, take that 10% and make it 1-1.5% that actually managed to do anything inside it. Sunwell for instance.

It's kind of why they started simplifying and adding difficulty levels. Raids pretty much /were/ what they worked on except for expansions, and 99% of the playerbase was paying for 1% of the game's fun. It really was kind of silly when you think about it. Hard stuff is good, but it was either make raids less punishing or think of something for non-raiders to do and basically reduce raids to maybe one per expansion.
Old 2014-01-26, 05:57   Link #87
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

However, as the current events in MMO's show, simplifying raids also has an adverse effect on them. With players being able to finish content quickly and easily, even in pickup groups, hardcore players have all their gear in a matter of weeks. Casuals only little later. Both groups then get bored, and many start dropping subscriptions while they await the new patch or expansion.

It also destroyed community tightness, with large guilds splitting up into smaller guilds and casual players doing LFR barely communicating with eachother at all.

It's an interesting thing to see, really. Keeping raids for the people who really, really wanted it and were willing to commit the time and effort to do so kept more people playing than when it became accessible for everyone. As long as the carrot was there, people, even casuals like me who barely -if ever- set foot in a raid instance, kept playing.
Old 2014-01-26, 09:34   Link #88
GundamFan

So is this sort of limited run on certain items common in MMOs? It's a definite pattern in the show you have the time limited raid for Griffin whistles, the one time give away for the gender switching potion and then you have the Phantasmal-class items 500ish unique uber items per expansion pack. I'm curious I never got into the MMOs.
Old 2014-01-26, 10:01   Link #89
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ No, not really. Most recent MMOs make sure that everyone gets a chance to get the juicy stuff.
Most event rewards just have cosmetic functions or only have a useful effect during the event period.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-01-26, 11:12   Link #90
Ickarium

I'd actually argue that issue, but this isn't the place for it, Keroko.

And yeah, it's more that very few people can do the raid in the first place, Gundam. Log Horizon is -really- old school in design, though, with the Phantasmal class items and so on.
Old 2014-01-26, 20:08   Link #91
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that's for low to mid level. high level can't get experience from them anymore.

if I remember it right level 90 need to fight and slay monster at least level 85 to even earn experience.
At least they will be pretty rich from it.... 15K worth of goblin loot...
Old 2014-01-27, 04:38   Link #92
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
At least they will be pretty rich from it.... 15K worth of goblin loot...
If grey kill still drop loot
Closed Thread