AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-01, 12:47   Link #81
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It was amusing that Hayami Saori's role was as the girl who liked tennis, since she has had such a huge success as Manaka, the tennis-playing girl in the Love Plus game.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 13:07   Link #82
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
What's so f***ing hilarious about Kuroko?
Totally wtf butchering of classic fairy tales. - maybe, not interested though
Delicious thighs - every damn second anime for the last couple of years.
"Rarely used phobia" and what? This already makes this sound like a win? You must be joking, srsly.

I'll wait till next episode, or two, but as of now - it's just compilation of the most recent animus for me.
What's not hilarious about "Kuroko"? Like what Midonin said, the fact the narrator can talk "kinda" talk with the cast makes the interaction (breaking 4th wall I think is what they call it in English) more fun. The constant narration alludes that somebody is watching with you and the snide comments make the episode more interactive. Her comments are also hilarious (especially when his towel dropped in the bathhouse and she goes Aaaa~~~~).

As for the thighs comment, I merely threw that in for fun, but I honestly can't remember a recent anime where the heroine has a dress set up to show her thighs constantly (the emphasis on her legs is different than a girl wearing just a dress because part of the legs are hidden so you kinda look at it more; my perverted sense tells me her pants are a bit kinda like "bra" for thighs, and the you-can't-really-see-her-whole-leg is kinda like cleavage; I'm totally beyond help).

Rarely used phobia and the fact that the maid (whose name I totally doesn't remember) has a fetish (the word that I brain fart'ed and I didn't remember last night) for repaying debt make the set up at least more refreshing.

I do find the series a total win, because I did nitpicked a little, so I wasn't joking that I found that series entertaining.

I can understand that you do not find the narration funny, or you find the characters uninteresting, but total dismissal of all merits in this anime just with just one line make your opinion quite unhelpful =(.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 13:41   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's kinda impossible to watch this first episode and not think of Kuroko sat there with a microphone. But yeah narration was pretty annoying at times, though brought some good laughs forward, so it's pretty double edge.

Great May'n OP.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:41   Link #84
Raiga
tl;dr

Wow split opinions ahoy. o__o

Well I wasn't wowed but it wasn't painful. Seems interesting and metal boxing gloves shaped like cute cats are win (bonus points for going "nya" on impact and leaving neko-face imprints). Also DFC and personally I thought Kuroko's voice was hilarious. I'll keep watching.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:46   Link #85
bombyethan1000

JC staff, I am dissappoint
after zero no tsukaima, toradora, index, and all that cliched harem/romance/drama anime now you have even more shot rehashes such as this
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 14:28   Link #86
Fawx9

So whose brilliant idea was it to paste all of the narrator's lines over top of the characters? Whether you like the voice or not, listening to 2 conversations for 50%+ of the episode was painful.

Also generic archetypes everywhere
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 14:54   Link #87
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I am expecting -- and hoping -- that Irino Miyu's character (the main male) will have some development toward being a stronger and more reliable person. Since that was the general movement of this first episode, I am fairly confident that will happen -- although too slowly for me, since I also find his abject wimpishmness fairly unbearable.
I hope so too.
It would be lame if they only used it as a running gag along with everything else.
Some character development would be nice.

Overall, the first episode was nothing special to me.
It was decent and entertaining but it wasn't enough to leave me wanting for more. So far, none of the characters annoy me yet (maybe Ryoushi...alittle)

Though, nice kick to the face.
That actually made me 'LOL'~
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 14:59   Link #88
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Eh guess for a 1st ep it's not bad but not great either.
Lots of mixed feelings about it all, first the male lead is hard to describe altho I see lots having no probs at all. I give him props for confessing his love like he did.
Altho like Darknemo says while he acts, his actions are less than reliable and seems to me luck plays out in the end which is something I'm not too keen on.

well I'll stick with it to see how things go but hard to see it being something great given it's rather mediocre start but as the saying goes "time will tell"

For the narrating, its somewhat annoying or more so troublesome to listen to it along with the characters but I don't hate Satmoi Arai, in fact I've grown to really like her(blame Kuroko-sama for that)
Old 2010-07-01, 15:06   Link #89
Casshern

So is Satomi Arai getting typecast into annoying roles only or what?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 15:16   Link #90
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It was amusing that Hayami Saori's role was as the girl who liked tennis, since she has had such a huge success as Manaka, the tennis-playing girl in the Love Plus game.
...!?
Woah, she seriously did appear in LovePlus! I don't even know how I didn't notice that until now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
So is Satomi Arai getting typecast into annoying roles only or what?
Well, she will be playing Ranko for Seitoukai Yakuindomo that will air in a few days, and Ranko isn't an "annoying" character.
She also played a maid in Mayoi Neko Overrun.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 15:17   Link #91
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Wow. So much hate.

It wasn't -that- bad, people. Sure, the narration was pretty extraneous and unfunny, but as for Ryoushi... did you all miss the part where he's SUPPOSED to be a wimp? The part where you're probably not supposed to identify with him?

Really, the only part that annoyed me greatly was Ryouko's PENIS BAD moment.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 15:24   Link #92
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
I hope so too.
It would be lame if they only used it as a running gag along with everything else.
Some character development would be nice.

Overall, the first episode was nothing special to me.
It was decent and entertaining but it wasn't enough to leave me wanting for more. So far, none of the characters annoy me yet (maybe Ryoushi...alittle)

Though, nice kick to the face.
That actually made me 'LOL'~
Its the name of director Iwasaki Yoshiaki who did Zero no Tsukaima that scares me the most - we all know that all character development was cut and removed from ZnT and turned into repetitive gags instead so it could as well turn into series long gag as well with those very short retarded 'shield' moments...

Hopefully I am wrong but whenever it is someone who was responsible for ZnT 'development' I become VERY skeptical.

Well in a way Ryoushi is brave - he confessed to the girl he liked while quite a number of heros in other animes could not do that... but considering that he did that after a week of intense stalking and the way he did it (which ended up him clinging on her legs and pretty much bawling over her shoes) - maybe it would have been better if he never confessed

When I think he failed on his job three times - one to prevent the guy, second to keep a track of him and third to help the girl to stop him - yes the girl stopped that M sempai but our dear hero was at a fail - if it was a less athletic girl then she would just end up being injured while the guy would have finished his stuff...

So its kind of weird how they want him to be the new member while he does nothing but fails...

the two main reasons to take him in are

1) They need another male because some jobs that Okami takes are trouble some
2) He blends well with scenery making him work well for tracking others

but 1) is useless because despite our hero being a male he is a total wimp and the best he can do is throw one rock (no matter how sharp the skill is its still rather petty) and block the stick with his head... In other words he is more of a trouble than help.

In 2) we are proved by this mission that it does nothing good from him having those skills as he still fails to track (he lost the guy and was caught by the old man).

So it seems like he is around because all other members take him in more to amuse them rather than him having any other value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
did you all miss the part where he's SUPPOSED to be a wimp?
Nah it is hard to miss, but the problem is that supposed to be annoying is still as annoying as when it is not supposed to be. He is still very annoying even if you know he is supposed to be like this. The most what we can hope is character development somewhere rather than all series running gag.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-07-01 at 15:34.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 15:35   Link #93
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

This is like some screwed up version of the fairy tails we’ve grown up reading them as kids. Imagine if Cinderella kicked Prince Charming in the face like that with glass slippers, well here it was sneakers but that's besides the point. Hahaha.

My god, it’s really good. I am loving the series already and can’t wait for the next episode. (And Ryouko is hot. She's like a taller version of Taiga Aisaka but with same flat chest... lol. )

I wonder where one can find the light novels for this series. Definitely contender for anime of the season.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 15:52   Link #94
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Ryou-su needs to be funnier if he's going to be a wimp most of the time.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 15:57   Link #95
ZODDGUTS

Meh first ep. The only part that I really liked was the final part with the kicking over and over the rest not so much.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 16:17   Link #96
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This show gave me the vibe of railgun, its probably Kuroko's narrating
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 16:32   Link #97
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawx9 View Post
So whose brilliant idea was it to paste all of the narrator's lines over top of the characters? Whether you like the voice or not, listening to 2 conversations for 50%+ of the episode was painful.
50%+? It was like the first 4 minutes, nowhere near 50%.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 16:38   Link #98
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I didn't have that high an expectation for this coming in, but still I have to stay that I wasn't that much impressed. As I watched it I just can't help shake off the feeling that I've seen this before, and not just because of the fairy tale aspect. The jokes aren't really that new or hilarious, the plot is a bit predictable, and the characters wasn't particularly memorable. To be fair, this is just the first episode so obviously they won't have time to show what each characters are really like, but I feel like more time is spent for the narrator and showing us just how wimpy someone can really be.

And talking about Ryoushi, I know the whole point is him being wimpy with all the phobia he has, but when it wasn't being too funny it can become very annoying very fast, so I hope he showed some development. He showed some promise in outright confessing his love, and I thought the spying job is quite a nice way to keep him useful despite his issues, but it really doesn't work at all in the end. He tried a bit in the end but it wasn't enough, hope he grows a bit more backbone in future episodes.

And about the narrator, to be honest maybe because I haven't watched too many anime with that voice, but I wasn't really all that bothered by the voice. The overlapping dialogue at the same time is a bit annoying, but since I was reading the subs I wasn't all that bothered. Strangely, what annoys me the most is that she outright states something like "Ookami is the wolf, that's the red riding hood, and she must be cinderella." I don't know why it bothers me so much, maybe it makes me feel that she thought I'm not sharp enough to connect a pumpkin carriage to Cinderella? At least she doesn't hammer in how Ryoushi is the hunter yet...

But enough complaining, it got some good stuff as well. The character designs are good, I like the opening, and Ryouko seems to be an interesting heroine. Also, I like how they don't follow the Cinderella story exactly, the twist at the end is good too. That's what always bothers me about Cinderella, a whole country and only she got a unique shoe size? Kicking may seems weirder but it actually a better gauge to determine who the mystery lady really is. Anyway, it's a decent start and I won't drop it right away, but I'm not exactly holding my breath waiting for the next episode either.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 16:41   Link #99
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Strangely, what annoys me the most is that she outright states something like "Ookami is the wolf, that's the red riding hood, and she must be cinderella." I don't know why it bothers me so much, maybe it makes me feel that she thought I'm not sharp enough to connect a pumpkin carriage to Cinderella? At least she doesn't hammer in how Ryoushi is the hunter yet...
Might be obvious to Americans who grew up hearing these fairy tales, but Japanese people likely did not. They grew up hearing the tales of Momotaro and Urashima Tarou and the like instead.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 16:48   Link #100
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep1:
Spoiler for Speculation based on Episode 1:

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen