AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2008-10-19, 01:34   Link #881
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garetjx View Post
Where exactly? Like what episode? Because the show Lucky Star and the creator of FMP (Shouji Gatoh) have always been pretty close, but I don't know how far that relationship goes, for example if it were to go as to far as whether they would know anything about a new series...
i thought i heard that Mr. Gatoh wrote part of the script for lucky stars
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 17:49   Link #882
SkoolRumble4Ya

Gatoh wrote the script for Lucky Star episode 22. Kagami mention that FMP been adapted into 3 anime series and currently no release date for the fourth anime series then one of the chracter said "is that suppose to be a reference". I FMP is coming but just don't know when.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 06:29   Link #883
Subzero00

i just found out that the director of the FMP series will be directing the new Haruhi Suzumiya project. Is this a step in the right directon for a new fmp?
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 08:45   Link #884
masterwok

well this could also mean that he wont have time to think about fmp since he would be concentration on writing scripts instead of planning for the next novel or a new series
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 11:49   Link #885
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Gatoh wrote the script for Lucky Star episode 22. Kagami mention that FMP been adapted into 3 anime series and currently no release date for the fourth anime series then one of the chracter said "is that suppose to be a reference". I FMP is coming but just don't know when.
Wait....so one of the characters in Lucky Star hinted about a new season of Fmp (Easter egg style?)....sorry if this seems like a stupid question I'm just really confused.
MandyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 17:42   Link #886
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah they hinted it but that was two years ago so it depends on the last novel because Gatoh always puts out information at the last page of the novel if he doesn't then we're screwed.
Old 2008-10-21, 19:23   Link #887
Subzero00

when's the last novel coming out
Old 2008-10-21, 20:50   Link #888
Garetjx

early November I think, not sure of the exact date
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 07:21   Link #889
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garetjx View Post
early November I think, not sure of the exact date
how long after do people normally add the spoilers
Old 2008-10-22, 12:00   Link #890
kupalogz29

hey guyz where i could find the novel/manga of FMP
what are the site????
kupalogz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:48   Link #891
Garetjx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
how long after do people normally add the spoilers
I would think immediately, or at least as soon as they can translate. I don't know, cuz i havn't read the spoilers yet, I'm waiting to see it in anime first (hopefully).
Old 2008-10-22, 15:52   Link #892
Garetjx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupalogz29 View Post
hey guyz where i could find the novel/manga of FMP
what are the site????
u mean to buy or to read? to read the books just go to the spoiler thread that's in this FMP forum on animesuki forums. Otherwise, if you want to buy the books/manga, any major book retailer that sells manga is going to sell Full Metal Panic. Like Barnes and Noble or Borders. ur best bet is to order online, use this linkhttp://books.barnesandnoble.com/sear...nic%201&DREF=1
Old 2008-10-22, 18:56   Link #893
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
wow.... i have been away for a while now and look at all these negative waves!!!! OH WTF SKYFALL YOU JERK!

alright ladies and gents, this man is right tho. low sales and poor support does not make for a continued anime.... but again im going to say he is wrong cuz i am a loyal FMP fan.

all i have to say is case closed was horrible but they made 34234234 episodes... LOL so come on make a few more fmp to end it well
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 22:54   Link #894
Garetjx

One of the main reasons that Kyoto Animation said they weren't making any FMP eps at the time was because they wanted to wait untill the last novel came out, so they could know how long to make the series and where to end it......well...the last novel is coming out in November, next month. In other words the fate of FMP anime will be decided once and for all in the next couple of months. The time is at hand. Will it strive on, or will it fall to its death?
Old 2008-10-23, 04:32   Link #895
SkoolRumble4Ya

Kyoto animation will do it because they never leave one series unfinished but if they aren't planning to do it let somebody else do it.
Old 2008-10-23, 12:01   Link #896
Subzero00

all of the fmp series sold about the same so if they were willing to renew it twice I don't see why they won't again
Old 2008-10-24, 12:47   Link #897
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
all of the fmp series sold about the same so if they were willing to renew it twice I don't see why they won't again
Perhaps because all the others series done by KyoAni have sold 5 to 8 times more than FMP and that KyoAni is here to gain money and not to please a minority of fan.

If Anime is a form of Art, it's also a product and those who gives money wants to maximize the gain from their investment. An adaptation from a Key Game is way more secure than the third season of a series who hasn't sell that much.

For now we don't know what KyoAni will do after Haruhi season 2, so the end of 2009 is still open, but if the next novel is really the last, and no announcement is made at the start of 2009 or in the post-face of the novel, then I really think that the chance for the end of FMP to be animated will be really slim.

Just for the fun a little comparison TSR against two other series about teenager/big robot/global conflict

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (7 DVD) 4,833
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion (9 DVD) 45,367
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (7 DVD) 32,891
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 13:47   Link #898
LeoXiao
思想工作

Aha. But those animes (the ones that did very well) are all finished, right? They may find it easier to finish FMP before starting something new. The only problem is Haruhi.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 19:00   Link #899
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Perhaps because all the others series done by KyoAni have sold 5 to 8 times more than FMP and that KyoAni is here to gain money and not to please a minority of fan.

If Anime is a form of Art, it's also a product and those who gives money wants to maximize the gain from their investment. An adaptation from a Key Game is way more secure than the third season of a series who hasn't sell that much.

For now we don't know what KyoAni will do after Haruhi season 2, so the end of 2009 is still open, but if the next novel is really the last, and no announcement is made at the start of 2009 or in the post-face of the novel, then I really think that the chance for the end of FMP to be animated will be really slim.

Just for the fun a little comparison TSR against two other series about teenager/big robot/global conflict

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (7 DVD) 4,833
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion (9 DVD) 45,367
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (7 DVD) 32,891

i understand what your saying but Full Metal Panic season 1 also sold around 4,000 and at that point others series done by KyoAni still were selling like 5 to 8 times more than fmp. It still was renewed. Then fumoffu came out, it did better then fmp season 1 but once again others series done by KyoAni still were selling like 5 to 8 times more. Finally second raid came out it sold like 5,000 and agian other KyoAni projects sold 5 to 8 times more. I truly believe if KyoAni were willing to renew it additional 2 time after season 1 they will once agian renew it to finally finish it off. i mean it doesn't make sence to stop now as nothings chanced. if anything fmp is more popular
Old 2008-10-24, 21:19   Link #900
SkoolRumble4Ya

KyoAni might not be the one to animate it but maybe some other studios will do it.

Tags
there is a god!