AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-12, 08:43   Link #961
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post
I know I'm a few pages late on bringing this up, but I just want to remind everyone that even though everyone is shown with brightly colored hair etc, and Jessica in particular shares her's with Beatrice, it is specifically noted by Battler that the woman in the portrait looks completely different from all of them, on account of being blonde and foreign.

The hair colors are just for artistic purposes; everyone in all likelihood has typical Japanese coloration.
Not to mention that Jessi's hair color is not at all like Beatos. Hers is a bright yellow, while Beato has orange-blondish hair.
Old 2009-12-15, 04:20   Link #962
Muyasuki

Does anyone else think that Battler's sin may be
Spoiler for Higuarshi spolier:

Last edited by Muyasuki; 2009-12-15 at 04:48.
Old 2009-12-15, 09:09   Link #963
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There are many people who thinks that Battler sin might be something on the lines of Keichi's sin, in other words something that normally people wouldn't even consider a sin, but that triggered a lot of bad events anyway.

Old 2009-12-15, 14:04   Link #964
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Have there been any clues whatsoever about the identity of Battler's real mother? And any confirmation that Rudolph is his father?
Old 2009-12-15, 16:32   Link #965
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Kyrie states in arc 3 right before she dies that Asamu gave birth to Battler, so Battler saying in red that Asamu gave birth to Ushiromiya Battler is true but he cant state that Asamu gave birth to him so that makes me think somehow he's not Ushiromiya Battler but I have no idea how you prove that.

I do think that his sin is alot like K1's since he didnt know at the time what he was doing was wrong.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-12-15, 16:41   Link #966
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I don't usually like to post in this thread since I don't want to corrupt it with VN spoilers / theories, but in said scene in the VN, Battler is able to say that his name is Ushiromiya Battler in red.
Old 2009-12-15, 16:45   Link #967
ErenselTheJester

There is only one Battler that is born to Asumu, which Ushromiya Battler is not, but there is only one Battler that is the Grandson of Ushiromiya Kenzo, which he is. But, Battler is neither the son of Asumu nor is he the son of Kyrie. Which means that there are two possibilities: Ushiromiya Rudolf made love to a third woman and fathered Battler as that woman's child or Battler does not exist at all and is simply a toy created by Beatrice for this game.
Old 2009-12-15, 16:55   Link #968
Aebliss
Story Master

Yyyyyeah. I think I'll go with the first blue explanation.
Old 2009-12-15, 17:13   Link #969
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Kyrie states in arc 3 right before she dies that Asamu gave birth to Battler, so Battler saying in red that Asamu gave birth to Ushiromiya Battler is true but he cant state that Asamu gave birth to him so that makes me think somehow he's not Ushiromiya Battler but I have no idea how you prove that.

I do think that his sin is alot like K1's since he didnt know at the time what he was doing was wrong.
Kyrie did not state in red that Asumu gave birth to Ushiromiya Battler, thus it can be said to be false. However, she also said that Asumu 'tricked Rudolf with her body' and gave birth to Battler, but this implies that Asumu came in after Kyrie, but Battler is older than Ange.

Battler's 'Sin' was the change in his identity 6 years ago when he threw the Ushiromiya family name and lived with his maternal grandparents, thus inheriting his mother's maiden name.

This creates the loophole that if Battler were to say 'I, (mother's maiden name) Battler, am the son of Ushiromiya Asumu', he could've avoided questioning his identity.
Old 2009-12-15, 17:18   Link #970
Aebliss
Story Master

Objection, your honour. In episode 24 of the anime,
Spoiler for for who hasn't seen the episode yet:
Old 2009-12-15, 17:38   Link #971
ErenselTheJester

Have you seen the visual novel?
Old 2009-12-15, 17:46   Link #972
Aebliss
Story Master

Alas, no. Enlighten me?
Old 2009-12-15, 18:00   Link #973
ErenselTheJester

The visual novel did say that was his sin, or at least it had something to do with it.
Old 2009-12-15, 18:08   Link #974
MarthX

No it didn't.
Old 2009-12-15, 23:25   Link #975
ijriims

It is all up to people's imagination.

But I must say Battler's sin was not related to his issue with his immediate family, but it could be about his forsaking Ushiromiya's surname, his act on Rokkenjima.
Old 2009-12-16, 06:36   Link #976
ErenselTheJester

That's what I said.
Old 2009-12-16, 07:54   Link #977
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
There is only one Battler that is born to Asumu, which Ushromiya Battler is not, but there is only one Battler that is the Grandson of Ushiromiya Kenzo, which he is. But, Battler is neither the son of Asumu nor is he the son of Kyrie. Which means that there are two possibilities: Ushiromiya Rudolf made love to a third woman and fathered Battler as that woman's child or Battler does not exist at all and is simply a toy created by Beatrice for this game.
There is something much easier than a 3rd woman. (well easy xD)
Asumu could have swapped the real Battler with Kyrie's "still born child" if you try it from a logic sight, then Asumu has a higher chance of givin birth to a still born than Kyrie, she wanted to have Rudolf so she swaped the children.

(I'm actually also an VN reader but I did no VN spoilers here right?)
Old 2009-12-16, 07:55   Link #978
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
I would rather say that not coming to Rokkenjima anymore was a part of the sin.
I assume it's either that the sin is the reason why he left, or his leaving constitutes a part of the sin...I heavily lean towards the second.
But I wouldn't say abandoning the Ushiromiya surname is a real part of his sin...if it mattered to the culprit who is an Ushiromiya and who not, he wouldn't involve the distant servants in the game.

I assume that his sin was leaving the island and allowing something to happen.
Maybe his sin really was not attending the conference anymore and allowing Ange to take part in the conference, where she did something that started everything.
Old 2009-12-16, 14:53   Link #979
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor A. Knox View Post
There is something much easier than a 3rd woman. (well easy xD)
Asumu could have swapped the real Battler with Kyrie's "still born child" if you try it from a logic sight, then Asumu has a higher chance of givin birth to a still born than Kyrie, she wanted to have Rudolf so she swaped the children.

(I'm actually also an VN reader but I did no VN spoilers here right?)
Two women with same man cooperating so that one could have that man? That's a chance with the percentage of zero.
Old 2009-12-16, 15:17   Link #980
Aebliss
Story Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
Two women with same man cooperating so that one could have that man? That's a chance with the percentage of zero.
Better change that red for blue. This is a great big world, with things happening in it that will make you quote Shakespeare: "There is more between Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than is dreamt of in your philosophy."
Closed Thread