AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 4 6.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 23.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 13.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 11.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-06, 19:51   Link #41
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I think Uiharu not having used it before wouldn't have made sense if her power was useful, and it's Level 1 anyway. xD
Bah, there are plenty of uses. Uiharu just doesn't appreciate her power enough. NO ONE MUST KNOW.

Come to think of it, it's odd that they'd just reveal her power offhand like that, anime-original. I mean, that was her Big Mystery! All that speculation about flowers, powers, and mind controlling plants... gone! So much for 'Uiharu "Mystery Power" Kazari'...
Old 2010-03-06, 20:33   Link #42
Fandal

So Misaka is about to enter a very dark and complicated world. The most interesting part I saw was the portion where if the data couldn't be found, should the children be allowed to wake up? Misaka basically said yes & no at the same time!

It does make me wonder about the next episode. What happens if Telestina says to save the city the children must be "eliminated"? I wonder how Misaka will react.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 21:16   Link #43
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
I wonder how Misaka will react.
Cyberterrorism and explosions, bless her heart.
Old 2010-03-06, 21:29   Link #44
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Come to think of it, it's odd that they'd just reveal her power offhand like that, anime-original. I mean, that was her Big Mystery! All that speculation about flowers, powers, and mind controlling plants... gone! So much for 'Uiharu "Mystery Power" Kazari'...
Maybe they wanted to relieve the curiousity of people, who knows. Even the Seiyuus were puzzled about her power after all.

And yeah, the title's so wrong now!

Off-Topic: May I know what your sig is from, KaneDragon? It kinds looks really awkward... but cute.
Old 2010-03-06, 22:08   Link #45
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
So Misaka is about to enter a very dark and complicated world. The most interesting part I saw was the portion where if the data couldn't be found, should the children be allowed to wake up? Misaka basically said yes & no at the same time!

It does make me wonder about the next episode. What happens if Telestina says to save the city the children must be "eliminated"? I wonder how Misaka will react.
All roads lead to Touma. Just sprinkle a little bit of Touma, and all their powers are negated. Even the essence is based in esper power, so just have Touma... and all will be well...

Come on people, it's not that hard. I also sincerely doubt that there is some NT that is esper specific that would cause espers to randomly start manifesting level 6 powers. They obviously never studied psychopharm / neural anatomy
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 23:13   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
Even the essence is based in esper power, so just have Touma... and all will be well...
I was under the impression that the Crytallized Essence was form from chemicals produced by the brain, and not a result of AIM. Imagine Breaker wouldn't be able to destroy that... Unless I'm mistaken and that somehow, that thing has an AIM field...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 00:21   Link #47
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanedragon
Cyberterrorism and explosions, bless her heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
All roads lead to Touma. Just sprinkle a little bit of Touma, and all their powers are negated. Even the essence is based in esper power, so just have Touma... and all will be well...
Oi Its not season two yet.

Indeed where is old man Kihara? As for the first sample will they be able to find it? As far as I know there is one person in both Railgun and Index who uses that drug.

I wonder how all the plots would converge particularly Capacity Down.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 00:37   Link #48
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well, Railgun is getting a bit boring, but if it's for a memorable ending then go for it.

6/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 01:52   Link #49
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
man, makes want another To Aru spin-off staring MAR themselves
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 03:19   Link #50
Primary Consult

Everyone had at least one wow moment in this:
-Saten: Telling Uiharu to get over herself
-Uiharu: Revealing her power
-Kurokox2: Bath + Dream Scene
-Mikotox2: Infiltration gear + internal debate on who to side with
-Doc Frog: was there

So yeah, had to give it a 10.

There needs to be more fighting of some kind, though. During level upper there was at least a minor battle in every episode, now though the best we got was Uiharu vs. room temperature.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 09:26   Link #51
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Bah, there are plenty of uses. Uiharu just doesn't appreciate her power enough. NO ONE MUST KNOW.

D:
The tittle of thread shoudl Uiharu "Level 1 Toaster" Kazari

P.S: lol at KaneDragon brofist

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-07 at 09:37.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 11:17   Link #52
Ksher

First off I really liked the episode.

Now as for Uiharu's power. Seeings as it's already been spoiled about 50 times I'm not gonna bother hiding this in a a spoiler box. It may not be as useless as it seems, that is a strong may however. Fist we think why is she so good with computers?..... Well she can keep things at a constant temperature, various computer parts that cant overheat equals a blazing fast machine from being overclocked to the point where if it weren't temperature controlled it would catch fire. Again this is just a possibility so who know maybe she just is a-- "level 1 microwave/toaster".
Ksher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 15:23   Link #53
AnimeFreak9798

I overall liked the episode but, had to rate it 8/10 since they spoiled Uiharu's power. Now it's no fun looking her up anymore also, her power is not that epicm all she can do is keep things warm (since she is still level 1).

Also, seeing Kuroko sleep mode was kinda awkward and unexpected if you ask me (even though that's normal kuroko)
AnimeFreak9798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 16:06   Link #54
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

My thoughts:

Spoiler for space:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 20:52   Link #55
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

One of the things I can't stand is when the hero(ine) makes a BLAHBLAH I DONT LIKE YOUR METHODS SO I WILL STAND IN YOUR WAY AND SUPPORT THE BAD GUYS DESTROYING YOUR DREAM/WORK/WHATEVER AND ALSO TRAMPLE ON YOUR FEELINGS FOR FUN JUST BECAUSE ITS SO MORALLY WRONG TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO speech.

And that's exactly what Mikoto was doing in the end. Jesus Christ get over it and search for a better solution /with/ Kiyama and not /against/ her. Also Toaster-san stop acting childish.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 21:36   Link #56
Satehi

Well, if you consider it from her point of view, Kiyama's the one that is the stubborn one. The MAR people seem to have a way better chance then she does, and yet she refuses to hand them over.
Satehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 21:50   Link #57
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
One of the things I can't stand is when the hero(ine) makes a BLAHBLAH I DONT LIKE YOUR METHODS SO I WILL STAND IN YOUR WAY AND SUPPORT THE BAD GUYS DESTROYING YOUR DREAM/WORK/WHATEVER AND ALSO TRAMPLE ON YOUR FEELINGS FOR FUN JUST BECAUSE ITS SO MORALLY WRONG TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO speech.
That's assuming Mikoto thinks Telestina is the bad guy. Thing is even without that First Sample Harumi will wake them up anyway regardless of the consequences.

From Mikoto's current perspective two wrongs or even three don't make right.
Old 2010-03-07, 22:35   Link #58
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think Kiyama plan is gray because of her reverse judgment of saving a few no matter how many is hurt in the process.

But Telestina is definitely black because she seems to be the most successful test subject for Kihara's experiment. I'm not surprised that her candies are Yuri's Skittles and taking the children will be to continue the experiment on them.

Unfortunately, Misaka is siding with the worse evil.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 22:51   Link #59
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But Telestina is definitely black because she seems to be the most successful test subject for Kihara's experiment. I'm not surprised that her candies are Yuri's Skittles and taking the children will be to continue the experiment on them.
*cough*A Certain Cameo Appearance back at Ep 12*cough*
Old 2010-03-08, 00:22   Link #60
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Another thing...

Spoiler for some more speculations:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote