AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-23, 10:43   Link #1
Slugge

ps2

I know there are some anime games like naruto for ps2... but i havent seen them in stores only online... i live in norway and just wonderin if they ever come with english tect and in other countries?!?
Slugge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 10:53   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

APPARENTLY, and i'm not 100% sure on this, the Galaxy Angel game(s) are coming stateside, i saw an ad for them in the Galaxy angel anime vol. 1
also, some anime, like Yumeria, are based off successful PS2 games
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 11:17   Link #3
Slugge

yeah i know htere are some anime based on games but i want games based on anime :P
Old 2004-05-23, 11:47   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

There really isn't much games based on anime in the US, because it's very fanbase factor. So you need an anime that already establish a strong popularity like Pokemon, Dragon Ball or Gundam.

Most of the US licensors only licensed the DVDs or maybe some of the soundtracks. They rarely have license for the games except for Bandai.

Maybe this is a new field to explore for US licensor.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 11:54   Link #5
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugge
yeah i know htere are some anime based on games but i want games based on anime :P
as had been stated, you won't find many of these
if you wanna look up an old relic of a game, "Ghost in the Shell" is a game based on the movie
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 12:02   Link #6
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugge
I know there are some anime games like naruto for ps2... but i havent seen them in stores only online... i live in norway and just wonderin if they ever come with english tect and in other countries?!?
There aren't that many available in PAL, Bandai is currently releaseing the .Hack// Games for PS2, and t´hen there´s Zone of the Enders 1 & 2. The first has anime-style CGV and the sequel has anime-style animation & Cel-shaded graphics.

Then there´s the old bungie game Oni.

And since GITS:SAC is getting it´s european realse this summer (I believe) the GITS:SAC game for PS2 shouldn't be more than a year off.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 12:22   Link #7
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, I know of some rpg anime games.

rpg/scifi
Star Ocean - Till the End of Time
XENOSAGA EPISODE I - Der Wille zur Macht
XENOSAGA EPISODE II - Jenseits von Gut und Boese

rpg/martial arts
Legaia 2: Duel Saga

general rpg
Disgea: Hour of Darkness
La Pucelle Tactics (sequel to Disgea)
Inu Yasha
Old 2004-05-23, 12:32   Link #8
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Well, I know of some rpg anime games.

rpg/scifi
Star Ocean - Till the End of Time
XENOSAGA EPISODE I - Der Wille zur Macht
XENOSAGA EPISODE II - Jenseits von Gut und Boese

rpg/martial arts
Legaia 2: Duel Saga

general rpg
Disgea: Hour of Darkness
La Pucelle Tactics (sequel to Disgea)
Inu Yasha
Hum, StarOcean the anime actually is based on the game not the other way around. It's based off Star Ocean 2 for the PS1.

Xenosaga is not an anime, the torrents you might've seen were in game movies

Legend Of Legaia is also not based off an anime...

Disgaea is also not based off an anime...(although it spawned 1 or two manga books)

neither is La Pucelle Tactics.

Inuyasha is though =D.

The only games I can think of at the moment out in the states that's based off an anime are the DBZ games, Victorious Boxers(Hajime No Ippo), and the Yu Yu Hakusho games.

The animes based off games that are out in the states I can think of is Zone Of Enders 1 and 2. If you haven't played these two games you should, espacially the second one, it's a great game.

The new GITS game for the PS2 has been announced for state side release I believe so you might want to pick that up when they're released. A new Yu Yu Hakusho game for the PS2 is coming out relatively soon as well along with a Shamon King one.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 12:51   Link #9
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
APPARENTLY, and i'm not 100% sure on this, the Galaxy Angel game(s) are coming stateside, i saw an ad for them in the Galaxy angel anime vol. 1
also, some anime, like Yumeria, are based off successful PS2 games
Wow, I never noticed it in the booklet, good thing you mentioned it!
Anyways, it's found in the section that describes the Galaxy Angel franchise. It would be nice to have those games over stateside, but I'm not sure if they are actually going to do it, since this description also includes some CDs, which will probably not be brought over.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 13:21   Link #10
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Gungrave, though i believe the game came out before the anime. In related news there was also a trigun game announced way back years ago but it's been dead in the waters for 2 years now so probably will never see the light of day. Also there is a cowboy bebop game being made now if i remember right. Not to mention the Lupin III game...quite a few out there just hard to find ones to go with your favorite title.

Also disgaea may not have been based on an anime but it was very anime in it's nature. Hell, disgaea needs an anime!
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 13:28   Link #11
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
There are so many anime-based games it is not even funny--the problem? only a small fraction are available in the the US/Canada and to my understanding, even less in Europe. They just won't sell--there's not enough fanbase. Check the official website of Anime productions-- you'll see plenty of related games either based on the show, concurrently released, or that the shows are based on the game. Just some anime-based, title specific, and fairly recent games (Currently JP Only)off the top of my head--these are just the consoles, plenty more PC stuff are also available:
Saikano
Gunslinger Girl
Godannar
Yuikikaze
Kenranbutousai
Konjiki no Gash Bell
Naruto
Evangelion
Sakigake! Cromatie High School
Gunparade March
RahXephon
Prince of Tennis
Saiyuki Reload
Stellvia
Kino no Tabi
CyberFormula GPX
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Slam Dunk--gets honorable mention because for a short while mid-1990's I was addicted to the many SNES chibi-version releases: damn it was a good game.

These are just a few... individual titles, if you want to count the amalgamation like the SRW series and the two Brave Sagas, you end up with a few dozen more.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 14:00   Link #12
Slugge

yeah i see many titles here but most of them aint released in PAL... actually only 2-3 titles are...