AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 22.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 34.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-17, 23:12   Link #21
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Sakuya crying with laughter was the highlight for me...oh gosh her reactions were simply hilarious XD
This and Haru made this episode great for me. The constant straight-man humor was good too.

Ahh, Meido Haru was so cute....
Old 2009-08-18, 06:31   Link #22
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I declare meido Haru mine.

And it seems that Maria is pissed the whole episode. Did the animators miss something?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-08-18, 07:56   Link #23
Mentar
Banned

And more Season 1 style fluff... and next episode too...

I already feel my patience tried a bit. Ah well.
Old 2009-08-18, 16:36   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
It is so funny that Maria got jealous because Hayate is not paying attention to her.
More like because everyone's ignoring her status as a maid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Sakuya crying with laughter was the highlight for me...oh gosh her reactions were simply hilarious XD
Yeah, I love Sakuya's attitude to life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And more Season 1 style fluff... and next episode too...

I already feel my patience tried a bit. Ah well.
Eh? Isn't it all from the manga, though?
Old 2009-08-18, 18:02   Link #25
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh? Isn't it all from the manga, though?
Yes, it is. However, it's these pointless chapters unrelated to the real story, and without any form of impact or lasting impression, because the author feels he needs to highlight other side characters some more (in this case, the priest ghost and Haruko).

Brutally put, this show doesn't need more side characters, it has too much of them already. I think it needs some story development. So, right now, for people like me we're in an unpleasant dry spell here ^_^;

Last edited by Mentar; 2009-08-18 at 18:15.
Old 2009-08-18, 19:37   Link #26
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

I'm glad for the return of the side characters and the laughter they bring along for this episode, so it's like a drought's rain for me.

What's more, Tama will be back next week! Klaus and Tama were my favourite characters in Season 1. Let's hope we'll see Klaus-san again sometime soon too. It was fun seeing him getting set up by Tama, and now Tama's being made a fool by Shiranui.
Old 2009-08-18, 19:40   Link #27
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
I'm glad for the return of the side characters and the laughter they bring along for this episode, so it's like a drought's rain for me.

What's more, Tama will be back next week! Klaus and Tama were my favourite characters in Season 1. Let's hope we'll see Klaus-san again sometime soon too. It was fun seeing him getting set up by Tama, and now Tama's being made a fool by Shiranui.
Hey, I agree. I'll take Klaus and Tama over new side-characters any day of the week!

Doesn't really help that I don't find the ghost-priest interesting or funny at all; except for his cool voiceacting.
Old 2009-08-18, 19:56   Link #28
GDB

Tama is the Zoidberg of the series. He's a great and humorous character when he just happens to be in an episode. However, when an entire episode is based on him, it ends up rather boring and stagnant. This applies to chapters as well as episodes.
Old 2009-08-18, 22:48   Link #29
xellos2099

Well, Tama episode next week is suppose to a link to a future arc and that future arc indirectly link to the end of the world arc.
Old 2009-08-19, 07:13   Link #30
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol it was hilarious .
Sakuya always laugh .
Haruka was the maid !!!
And the end Hayate *smile* ahah
Next episode , the cat vs the tiger .
Old 2009-08-19, 08:20   Link #31
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Nice meido episode.
Some lines made me laugh like a crazy person... :rotfl:

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2009-08-19, 21:14   Link #32
mrjpark
Raging Ami-chan fanboy

I don't like how Hina's being phased out =[
Old 2009-08-19, 22:17   Link #33
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

... phased out? She can't have the spotlight the entire series.

Hina passes in waves. Soon enough she'll be the focus of the episodes again.
Old 2009-08-22, 18:36   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The spirit of maid lies in a maid's value to charm unsuspecting and onlooker males to stir up that well known feeling of moe but trapped within a cute, maid outfit.

A well known sight to otakus in Japan.

The spin, the fake smile, big tie on the back, the tip-toe are all-time classics.

BTW, let's hope for Hayate's sake that Maria is not losing her appeal as maid.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:43   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Yes, it is. However, it's these pointless chapters unrelated to the real story, and without any form of impact or lasting impression, because the author feels he needs to highlight other side characters some more (in this case, the priest ghost and Haruko).
Are you forgetting that there's a lot of chapters from the manga that are like this, and you're just calling them unrelated? The way i see it, Hayate no Gotoku is all about keeping in the wacky story telling about the characters that are just as important as the romance. The romance is just apart of the big picture, not the whole picture.

Seriously, if it only focused on the romance, then i wouldn't like the manga/anime as much as i do. It's just one huge package that we get from this series.
Old 2009-08-23, 22:34   Link #36
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Are you forgetting that there's a lot of chapters from the manga that are like this, and you're just calling them unrelated? The way i see it, Hayate no Gotoku is all about keeping in the wacky story telling about the characters that are just as important as the romance. The romance is just apart of the big picture, not the whole picture.

Seriously, if it only focused on the romance, then i wouldn't like the manga/anime as much as i do. It's just one huge package that we get from this series.
Agreed.

I don't really find the romance in Hayate no Gotoku that good. It's the romance juxtaposed to slapstick humor and freak incidents that make HnG what it is.
Old 2009-08-23, 22:39   Link #37
Midonin
Last Engage

Romance comes a dime a dozen in anime, there's going to be at least two or three shows a season that have it in some form. (That number may be an underestimate). But very few shows destroy the fourth wall, crank up the silly coincidences and just barely adhere to the laws of reality like Hayate does. Which is why episodes 19-21 have been so warmly welcomed by me.

I say this as an oddball who loves comedy, but if it wasn't for that element, I would never have found the show or gave it more than an amused passing glance.
Old 2009-08-29, 20:42   Link #38
Kon the Magnificent

y'know as much as i love this episode, and knew it was coming, I wish they would've made the chapter before this bit, into the anime, when Yukiji and Hayate was going at it over a lottery ticket

you think they'll make it for a later episode
Closed Thread