Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-03, 16:45   Link #61
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Oh, great, another "Nintendo-abandoned-the-hardcore-gamers" argument. Get over yourself. They still release games you would like. Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is proof of that.

At any rate, there are many other games on the DS worth buying. There's more than Legend of Zelda and Square-Enix.
I know that Nintendo still makes good games but there are not that many, they sh*t out a new Mario or Wii [Insert Activity Here] every few months but there are only decent games IMO.

If I dont like the constantly recycled Mario games with nothing new apart from graphics and or what sport he is playing now then I dont like it, there are only a few games for the DS and Wii that IMO is worth buying.

I mean look at the crap Nintendo is coming up with: Wii Music, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, all the things you can do for real but for £100+ cash for the Wii and £30-40+ for the game.

Even then they still get a shit load of money then get titles from existing series and crap on the gameplay by trying to force the controller into everything, some games dont and should not have the wii mote.

It is only a matter of time before Wii Wrestle, Wii Kill, Wii Football, Wii Duck Duck Goose and Wii Sleep come out.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 03:55   Link #62
Narona
Emotionless White Face

STOP THIS!

This thread is all about enjoying the return of one of the best series ever, so no fight

The Iwata Asks interview: http://www.nintendodsi.com/iwataasks/vol10_page1.html Very very very interesting. I advise you to read it. It's spoiler free ;p

The review by gametrailer: The game got 9/10. BEWARE! I think their video review contains a few spoilers so you might not want to watch it!

All I can say is that they say the game is a total improvement from what Phantom Hourglass was (which is a good thing) but the graphic engine is still the same.

Now a BIG spoiler, so beware!

Spoiler for BIG SPOILER:

*happy*
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 10:33   Link #63
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I really don't get the criticism about Phantom Hourglass. I enjoyed it, and think its use of the stylus made for a great experience and good puzzles.

Cub-Sama, you say there are not many good DS and Wii games worth buying, then proceed to explain how Nintendo's games aren't worth buying. I can understand that, but as I said, there are many more games out there by different developers, and plenty are worth buying.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:40   Link #64
Narona
Emotionless White Face

So, any american pickep up the game yet?
Old 2009-12-07, 17:28   Link #65
Mattie

Send a message via MSN to Mattie
I heard that you can preorder it and get the collecters tin, and little figure :P lol epic
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 18:03   Link #66
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I'll start this game after i finish the others that i already started .
Well , Link get a train lol and a pet !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 18:19   Link #67
Mattie

Send a message via MSN to Mattie
didn't link have that horse lol, amazing he never trained it but it obayed him
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 19:08   Link #68
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Oh noes my DS will not be fixed in time for the release!!! Hopefully I can find my working DS somewhere in my house, I have to have Spirit Tracks, the only Zelda game I havent played since OoT is Link's bow training and the Four Swords for Gamecube

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 12:33   Link #69
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

First impressions of the game I've read are mostly negative. The train tracks are preset, and there's nothing to do while your train travels to the next destination.
Old 2009-12-08, 15:20   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
First impressions of the game I've read are mostly negative. The train tracks are preset, and there's nothing to do while your train travels to the next destination.
Well I should mention that on Friday I was over at a guys house and his friend was playing the rom version and he seemed to be getting consistently annoyed with the lack of on foot portions of the game as well as having to blow into the windpipe which was getting screwed up by the noise from us playing Rock Band 2. He said at the end of the hour and a half or so run that it felt like he'd done more of watching the train travel then he had of actually playing the game. Then again I was also watching him from time to time and he wasn't exactly very good at grasping the mechanics so it could have just not been his kind of Zelda game.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 19:25   Link #71
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
The game was good, I didn't like the constant train traveling, and the final boss fight was hugely disappointing.

Spoiler for fight:

So ya... very huge letdown in terms of ending and all that. But I liked it better than Phantom Hourglass.

Last edited by Tjfarmer; 2009-12-09 at 22:51.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 05:27   Link #72
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Spoilers that
Old 2009-12-30, 19:57   Link #73
Slayerx

well been playing the game for the past few days, and getting close to the end. For the most part i did enjoy it... however i really have grown to hate the train travel; its long and tedious even if you make use of the warps, and it feels restricting since your stuck to the tracks; atleast with the boat i had some sense of freedom... you do have to keep returning to the first temple like in phantom hourglass; but this time you don't have to repeat floors (unless you want to find treasure) and there is no time limit, so no complaint there... the spirit flute is really annoying to play; particularly the duet you have to play to open temples; really i've tried like 20 times and i still can't get it quite right enough to open up the sand temple.

though i do think there is one thing nintendo could do that would vastly have improved all the toon link games in my mind... play up the humor... they put small glances of humor in the game but not nearly enough. take for instance the wind waker manga (link's log book); it's nothing but jokes that are hit or miss, but god knows i would have loved for each and every joke to have been in wind waker and that similar treatment would be given to the DS games... a good amount of humor can easily drive me to want to keep going with a game even if i find major mechanics annoying

Last edited by Slayerx; 2009-12-30 at 21:14.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote