AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-16, 15:25   Link #61
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^Yeah but currently Okabe doesn't have the time machine, that's why I'm confused >.>

I've only watched the most recent episode, and that's why I'm trying to figure out what he'll do from there. As for where this second Okabe came from, derp I'm lost. Or exactly how far from the future he's coming from.
Old 2011-08-16, 15:25   Link #62
Alucard24

How could we be sure it was Okabe who screamed ? Ok, the voice seems to be his but we don't have a clue about who screamed.

The only way I can think of having two Okabe would be if he used Suzuha machine but why would he do that ? And how ?? Suzuha wasn't supposed to be in 2010 in the alpha timeline, she went straight to 2000.
Old 2011-08-16, 15:26   Link #63
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Don't worry, your questions will be answered soon enough and it will all make sense
Old 2011-08-16, 17:47   Link #64
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Don't know if this has been stated before but my guess is that SERN's leader must be Kurisu's father. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:21   Link #65
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Hehe, half right prediction last week... FB was not a new character, but WTF Mr. Braun?!?!?

Anyway, finally Okarin realized that in order to save Mayuri, he must kill Kurisu, which was kind of obvious since ep. 14.

Oh! and I am looking forward to the anime explaination about WTF happened in episode one. In between, about the two Okarin's in that episode, it's my guess, judging by the voice heard (sounded like Okarin having a hard time assassinating Kurisu) and the mail Kurisu received from Okarin, before Okarin send the first D-mail from his point of view.

My hypothesis is that the Okarin that the anime follows is not the first version of Okarin that used D-mail... in his meta-time-linecurve/attractor (if that word makes sense)

Let's also not forget that the Reading Steiner feeling Okarin first experienced as a kid, before enslaving Mayushii... and that scene in the very start of the show after Okarin's monologue/introduction, where he walks off camera with Mayushii... should I guess these are their original versions.
Old 2011-08-17, 15:08   Link #66
Alucard24

well, before anything else you should be asking yourself "was it really two Okabe" ? We just heard a scream, it could be anyone.
Old 2011-08-18, 00:35   Link #67
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
well, before anything else you should be asking yourself "was it really two Okabe" ? We just heard a scream, it could be anyone.
Like I said, it sounded just like his voice. I doubt they would introduce anyone else at this point.
Old 2011-08-18, 11:46   Link #68
Alucard24

On another hand, do you think they would hire someone just to scream in the first ep ? No, they use a voice they already have.
Old 2011-08-18, 11:51   Link #69
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
On another hand, do you think they would hire someone just to scream in the first ep ? No, they use a voice they already have.
Okay you do realize there's more than one guy in the seiyuu cast right? Why didn't they use Braun's or some other dude's voice for the scream? Besides, what other male would react to Makise Kurisu's death like that? That anguished scream, that TYPE of screaming, all sounds like Okabe's scream. It's not just the voice that sounds the same, it's also the way in which he screams that make me believe it's Okabe.
Old 2011-08-20, 05:17   Link #70
Qikz

This is my speculation on what I think will happen.

Okabe finds suzuha with her time machine and tells her everything that's happened. Kurisu gets stabbed in this timeline so he takes the time machine back in time to before she was stabbed to warn her. From there, I have no idea, but I think that might happen.

Either that or it's Suzuha who stabs Kurisu to stop SERN getting into power.
Old 2011-08-20, 13:20   Link #71
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
This is my speculation on what I think will happen.

Okabe finds suzuha with her time machine and tells her everything that's happened. Kurisu gets stabbed in this timeline so he takes the time machine back in time to before she was stabbed to warn her. From there, I have no idea, but I think that might happen.

Either that or it's Suzuha who stabs Kurisu to stop SERN getting into power.
Why not but in that case, why does the d-mail "Kurisu is dead" change everything ? After Daru receive it, Suzuha is crashing in the building and John Titor from 2000 is obliterated....

Another intersting question is : if Kurisu was found stabbed by Okabe, why did'nt send a d-mail this time ?
Old 2011-08-21, 03:05   Link #72
User165949
Disabled By Request

i see that basically we all have the same questions unanswered

i'll try to erase one: in ep1 we have a second evidence of a second okabe during the conference time

kurisu herself asks the "current time okabe" what he wanted to ask/say to her 15 minutes earlier. but wasn't "current time okabe", since he doesn't remember meeting her.

we have two other small pieces of the puzzle in ep1 (that still don't fit anywhere particularly well):
1. okabe phone rings during the "kurisu is in a pool of blood" scene (and he doesn't answer)
2. okabe receives a white-noise videocall at some point.

i agree about the "first" d-mail (which Daru doesn't consider in the least, he thought it was spam!): why should have switched worldlines? maybe was because sern reading it?

i have no recollection of a reading steiner mentioned when okabe remembers about his and tutturuuu younger days; which episode was it?

thanks
Old 2011-08-21, 05:57   Link #73
Alucard24

yeah, the white-noise videocall is strange because it should not be SERN : at this point they aren't aware of his existence....... in fact NO ONE knows about a time machine at this point (it's not even discovered yet) except if that someone comes from the future.

I don't know if it can help but the mail Okabe sent to Daru was received in three parts, Daru say so in the second ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz View Post
i agree about the "first" d-mail (which Daru doesn't consider in the least, he thought it was spam!): why should have switched worldlines? maybe was because sern reading it?
Your hypothesis is interesting : that could mean that, knowing Kurisu was dead and that they need her to build the timemachine (how could they know ?) they send someone themselves to save her..... the question is how ? They should not be able to do that yet ! And if Kurisu doesn't build the time machine, they will never be able to !
Old 2011-08-21, 13:54   Link #74
Marina2

Quote:
Why not but in that case, why does the d-mail "Kurisu is dead" change everything ? After Daru receive it, Suzuha is crashing in the building and John Titor from 2000 is obliterated....

Another intersting question is : if Kurisu was found stabbed by Okabe, why did'nt send a d-mail this time ?
because....SERN will know about d-mail and send a team to hunt down them again? He has to use another method.

Also, don't forget that in Beta timeline where Kurisu died, no one will develop microwave time machine further. At least, time-leap machine won't exist when Okabe return to Beta timeline. D-mail, maybe. And I don't think Beta-Okarin will even looking for IBN5100 since Beta-Suzuha (aka John titor) won't contact him because she doesn't know him in Beta timeline. (It was implied that she went to year 2000 as John titor appeared since 2000 in Beta timeline not in 2010 like in Alpha timeline- Watch ep 1-3 for details)

Another thing to think......if there are two Okarin in that time...it means that Okarin may run into another Okarin when he returns to Beta timeline since Suzuha's Time-machine can't go back to the future. Another Okarin must be around......

And another thing..... since Suzuha didin't come to year 2010 in Beta timeline, how can time-machine appear on the top of building in 2010 like in Alpha time line????

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-08-22 at 11:11. Reason: Change Alpha >> beta and Beta >>> Alpha
Old 2011-08-22, 01:14   Link #75
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Your hypothesis is interesting : that could mean that, knowing Kurisu was dead and that they need her to build the timemachine (how could they know ?) they send someone themselves to save her..... the question is how ? They should not be able to do that yet ! And if Kurisu doesn't build the time machine, they will never be able to !
I am 95% sure that the primary reason why Kurisu doesn't get stabbed is because SERN detected the first D-mail. In regards to your "how" then... here are two possibilities:

1. Following the timeline, on July 23rd (5 days before Kurisu is stabbed), a D-mail appeared on Daru's phone, and thus triggered SERN's detection. SERN tracks down and does some things behind Okarin/Kurisu's back within 5 days that somehow thwarts the assassin's attempt.

2. Here's a more interesting possibility. The moment SERN detected the D-mail, the assassin is predetermined to no longer appear. What I'm thinking of is this (thanks to Marina2's last question for tipping me into this madness ): the beta timeline where Kurisu is killed and therefore there is no dystopia is because of the death of Kurisu. This is a question of predetermation: future Suzuha is sent to the past to kill Makise Kurisu because her death is predetermined so that her future will be bright. Normally, this goes against Steins;Gate's time travel modus operandi (which has been, so far, parallel universe-based), but the mention of physical time travel I think makes this a possible, if somewhat tenuous, answer, since it might operate under a different system. Following this logic then, the reason why Kurisu doesn't die in the alpha timeline is because SERN's detection of the microwave created a future where Suzuha's mission is changed (why her mission changed... my theory is so wild I can't even properly put it into words).

Speculating about S;G is so fun.

Last edited by Eater of All; 2011-08-22 at 12:13. Reason: beta <--> alpha
Old 2011-08-22, 10:31   Link #76
bakuramariks
The Observer

One minor mistake - Kurisu dies in the beta worldline, not in the alpha . The whole series takes place in alpha worldline.
Old 2011-08-22, 11:12   Link #77
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakuramariks View Post
One minor mistake - Kurisu dies in the beta worldline, not in the alpha . The whole series takes place in alpha worldline.
Oh~ You are right!!

Fixed.
Old 2011-08-22, 19:30   Link #78
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
And another thing..... since Suzuha didin't come to year 2010 in Beta timeline, how can time-machine appear on the top of building in 2010 like in Alpha time line????
More than likely, someone else was using the time machine in the Beta timeline.
Old 2011-08-23, 11:54   Link #79
Alucard24

Quote:
because....SERN will know about d-mail and send a team to hunt down them again? He has to use another method.
There is still something wrong : in the beta timeline where Okabe see Kurisu dead, he send a D-mail wich lead the world to be changed to the alpha timeline. But, just before, another Okabe kick in (let's assume it's him) probably to warn Kurisu but fail.

The only explanation I see is that the second Okabe visit triggered the send of the d-mail, wich mean initially in the beta timeline, Okabe never sent a d-mail, then SERN never discovered him, then they couldn't build a time machine.

In other words, it's because Okabe travelled to the past to warn Kurisu that SERN was able to build a distopya.

But that visit caused the world to switch to alpha timeline (we still need to know why) and leaded to the distopya.

Is my guess wrong ?

Quote:
Another thing to think......if there are two Okarin in that time...it means that Okarin may run into another Okarin when he returns to Beta timeline since Suzuha's Time-machine can't go back to the future. Another Okarin must be around......
True and knowing him, he should be watching over hi otherself ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
the reason why Kurisu doesn't die in the alpha timeline is because SERN's detection of the microwave created a future where Suzuha's mission is changed (why her mission changed... my theory is so wild I can't even properly put it into words).

Speculating about S;G is so fun.
I think you may be right and maybe, all of the problems are because of Okabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
More than likely, someone else was using the time machine in the Beta timeline.
I think too that the Titor from 2000 wasn't Suzuha, maybe Daru ?
Old 2011-08-25, 04:23   Link #80
ibeyuranh

In episode 1, we see Amane (silhouette) (i'm assuming she stabs Makise) , after Okabe sends the text, the world line switches to one where her time travel ship crashes right? (thus not stabbing Makise)

Grand father paradox? Amane left the ibm 5100 in the shrine? initially that's when they found it right?

It's hard to understand, the time travel machines can create another copy of yourself. So in 2010 when she went back, she left the IBM5100 in the shrine, and became John Titor. So John Titor, is very old in 2010, and Amane is also there in 2010(the young one)

What text caused John Titor to have never made this time travel theories?
What confuses me is that they found the IBM 5100, which means The world line is in the one where Amane already went back in time to leave it at the shrine. It's like an infinite loop because if the IBM 5100 was already there then Titor would have already had his theories. But I guess the world line shifted to a world where Amane has not yet went to the past.

What's difference between World lines and Time lines?
Closed Thread