Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 11:13   Link #61
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
I forgot to mention that. You need a legit copy of crysis warhead before you install the MWLL mod. For those of you who might lament the lack of a mechlab do not fret - there are 2-3 missile/laser/projectile boats for each chassis/tank.
Stop your advertising this is for MWO.

I will be putting down $60 for the choice of 1 founder Mech.
Old 2012-10-10, 18:59   Link #62
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Here, have some open beta...

Or, at least you can come the 16th (source).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 14:59   Link #63
Tiberium Wolf

Anyway the game is now open beta. Register, download and play.

I played today and it was down right horrible.

1st you have 4 trial mechs for you to use. You need to save up C-Bills(or use real money to buy) to buy new ones and be able to customize them. So it's ok.

What found horrible is the match making that get a group of players that can include noobs with trial mechs and players with top notch mechs. The match is 15min and you only have 1 life (no respawn). You don't get C-Bills if you leave the game after dying. You need to spectate the whole game.

I didn't like Hawken because of how fast paced the mechs were but the gamematch in mechwarrior is horrible. Die and you need to spectate the whole game to get the C-Bills.

There need to be more game modes.
Old 2012-10-30, 20:53   Link #64
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Matchmaking is currently being retuned to something like trials vs trials, 8v8 premades, and a free for all for up to grps of 4, and I think there will be weight limits imposed as well It's supposed to be in sometime this month. There is a new game mode coming as well where you have you can field 3 mech's.

This isn't an FPS like battlefield, its more a simulation than a straight up shooter. You also need to more or less abandon the old 'charge in guns blazing' mentality. You need to play carefully, you're not some super soldier, you're in a walking building with guns, and it handles like one. Best strategy is to stay in a group, and hang back or be cautious ready to duck behind cover. Best bet if you're in a trial mech (medium and up) is to hang near an Atlas or other heavy/assault since it will more likely draw fire and will probably have an AMS to protect you from missiles. Otherwise if you're in a light medium, you could try for strafing runs. Don't charge in and take people on when you're by yourself chances are you'll die. Every mech moves at a different speed, and if you have no support and are surrounded by the other team you're dead.

You should be able to leave a match straight away after you die, but you wont get cash until after the match has finished, and if I remember correctly you won't see that cash until you play another game or restart the client, kind of an annoying bug.

Trial mech's aren't too bad not great either, and if you don't want to use em you can spend like $10 or something and get some MC to buy one you like. They do need to make money afterall. If you want to make money I'd suggest getting the Hero MC mech, with the rising sun motif I can't remmeber the name of. It has a passive to generate 30% more credits, but its a fairly horrible loadout however.

Honestly I do not think they should have went open beta yet, but its something management would have forced on them so they can start making money. There are still a lot of bugs, and only one game mode will hurt things. WoT did the same more or less.

Open beta should be for more or less a finished product, but well... its getting there but still needs more.

Having said that, it's FAR more fun to play with a group of people, so unless you have friends to play with i'd suggest getting on the public TS server and getting a group. Being able to coordinate makes things SO much more bearable.
Old 2012-10-31, 17:10   Link #65
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Open Beta started this Monday!

http://mwomercs.com/

Anyone already in the game? I'm looking for a group

They've already added the 1st pay to get mech: The Yen-Lo-Wang - Basically a custom-modified Centurion with a boost to C-bills ($$)... though c-bills don't really affect the gameplay too much because most people run out of things to buy after a while...
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 18:42   Link #66
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265 View Post
They've already added the 1st pay to get mech: The Yen-Lo-Wang
Yeah and I don't like it very much... it should be a more unique mech (like maybe one per game) but as it is now it seems everyone and his dog has one. Like a Kai Allard-Liao clone army.

At least they kept it timeline conform and gave it a AC20... (for now )
Old 2012-10-31, 23:11   Link #67
Tiberium Wolf

Having collisions off sux. Damn jenners go around yours slow mechs and u can't even target him.
Old 2012-11-01, 03:18   Link #68
Mr Hat and Clogs

Hopefully they turn collisions back on at some point, when they fix pathing or whatever its called when you get knocked down and teleport around the place.
Old 2012-12-04, 19:49   Link #69
Mr Hat and Clogs

I love ECM on my Raven. Finally I can play how I want to.
Old 2012-12-05, 07:26   Link #70
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I am a little bored of assault mode. I wonder what other modes they have planned.
Old 2012-12-05, 08:20   Link #71
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well, conquest is supposed to be coming out soon. Dunno the date though, Dec 17 patch? Maybe?

But yeah, kinda over Assault.
Old 2012-12-13, 20:09   Link #72
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Went back to MWO to check out if there's any improvement lately and end up disappointed. In it's current state, the game is boring. Not enough maps and mode plus the progression model is just retarded (needing to buy all variant to level up).

Also you can't even start to customize your mech until you get out of the initial trial mech which can take quite awhile.

They need to sort out the initial experience for new players, let em customize those initial mechs at the very least because that's a major part of the fun in mech games.
Old 2012-12-14, 22:46   Link #73
Mr Hat and Clogs

They need a tutorial mode for newbies, that rewards a mech (of their choice; Light, Medium or Heavy) at the end that they can customize the way they like. But also keep the trial mechs as well. Something like the tutorial at the start of MechWarrior 2 (? defending the firebase, and learning game systems) would be awesome (and nostalgic to older players).

TBH, I don't like the idea of having to level up 3 variants either, but it doesn't take all *that* long. I leveled the three Raven variants over a week playing a few hours each night. However a tech tree kind of like WoT would have been good, get certifications in various systems like heavy lasers and XL engines.

New game mode (conquest) and mech (Stalker) next week, not sure if there are new maps. I have heard about a proper night map but not sure if that's in the patch or not.
Old 2012-12-15, 01:16   Link #74
Gravitas Free Zone

The beta is at least grinding its way along slowly, at least.

Hardpoints on the Stalker are going to be nasty.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 07:41   Link #75
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Is the new game mode coming out this week or is it after Christmas? Pretty exciting.
Old 2012-12-18, 07:51   Link #76
Mr Hat and Clogs

Today I believe... depending where you are in the world (supposed to be the 18th).

Big thing as well is the change to the newbie game, new players get a boost to c-bills for the first 25 games so they can get out of trial mech's faster. Older players past that point (played more then 25 games) gets ~8 million c-bills. They also have removed the need to repair, which I think is a bit silly, but whatever. The rewards for Conquest are placeholders atm.

That should be enough to pay for a Stalker since it's out as well.
Old 2013-08-12, 17:04   Link #77
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

*drags old thread up*
Hm... looks like they are bringing some unseen mechs back...

How is the game ATM? Can someone who still plays tell me?
Old 2013-08-21, 12:11   Link #78
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Haven't played it in 3-4 months, will soon though as soon as I get more time. Looks like they have added some new modes and shaped up the UI.