AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-01, 20:20   Link #61
Zell2k3

Talking

The squid boy , lol , he made me laugh !!!
Old 2004-03-03, 12:10   Link #62
Go-lytely

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestiaLegends
I think at the end they'll interconnect somehow...maybe...kite-he?
I think they will all be related to the squid guy who shows up every now and then for no apparent reason.
Old 2004-03-03, 12:13   Link #63
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

so far the interconnection only comes as the some character cameos here and there...

I really like each of the short stories... I guess most of the stories will have bittersweet endings since this anime is more or less a prequel to the game... I love them nonetheless
Old 2004-03-06, 05:30   Link #64
CelestiaLegends

Well, including this current one (ep 7), the next charector is in the next ep, there's one after that so all the charectors would be done by 10...which leaves about 2 eps for interaction?

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-06, 05:49   Link #65
lordlucless

I really wish we'd had more than one episode on Suomi. I'd agree with CL that her episode didn't have the impact of those of the other girls, but then, she only had one episode to tell her story. I think the fact that it's told in hindsight might weaken it as well, but she had only one episode for both complication and solution, whereas the other characters had an episode to build up with before they introduced the drama. I just liked her character straight off the bat more than any of the others, except maybe Atsuko.
Old 2004-03-07, 10:26   Link #66
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

I have to say that I was surprised to see that there was only one episode for Suomi (so the remaining 2 characters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlucless
I think the fact that it's told in hindsight might weaken it as well, but she had only one episode for both complication and solution, whereas the other characters had an episode to build up with before they introduced the drama.
Absolutely true! Even if Suomi has only one episode devoted to her, I really like her ( Atsuko too ) I have to say that at first sight (before episode 7) I didn't think of her that way...

Ahh!! I love this serie! At the end of each episode, I wait impatiently for the next ><

And the background music is just so beautiful^^
Old 2004-03-07, 14:31   Link #67
CelestiaLegends

I love the music too =)
Old 2004-03-08, 17:40   Link #68
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
I have to say that I was surprised to see that there was only one episode for Suomi (so the remaining 2 characters)

Absolutely true! Even if Suomi has only one episode devoted to her, I really like her ( Atsuko too ) I have to say that at first sight (before episode 7) I didn't think of her that way...
Yeah, out of all the girls shown so far Suomi seems to be the most personable and fun to be with . Its too bad she's the one with only 1 ep devoted to her.
Old 2004-03-10, 21:37   Link #69
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
the frothbite releases are impossible to download. *impossible*. everything else takes a few hours, this one seems to stagnate forever.
Old 2004-03-10, 22:36   Link #70
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
the frothbite releases are impossible to download. *impossible*. everything else takes a few hours, this one seems to stagnate forever.
Really? I never had any trouble getting their releases over BitTorrent, but then again I've been getting them shortly after release. It'll probably be easier again when they get around to creating a batch torrent (who knows when that'll happen, though).
Old 2004-03-10, 22:38   Link #71
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Really? I never had any trouble getting their releases over BitTorrent, but then again I've been getting them shortly after release. It'll probably be easier again when they get around to creating a batch torrent (who knows when that'll happen, though).
They made a batch of 1-4 yesterday. I never have trouble getting their stuff but I also grab them right away. They don't seem to have many people downloading.
Old 2004-03-10, 23:54   Link #72
CelestiaLegends

It's sad such an awsome anime has so little viewers.
Old 2004-03-12, 14:17   Link #73
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
no seriously, this stuff is *impossible* to download. the torrents have been stagnating for days now. which is a pity since i really want to see what happens to the girl.
Old 2004-03-18, 02:40   Link #74
Za Paper

Wow, ep 8 had a completely different feel from the all the other ones. I dont really like the girl in this one because she's being an idiot.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-18, 04:02   Link #75
CelestiaLegends

damit, my sound was out of sync and that kinda ruined it :P but it was pretty good, ep8.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-19, 03:57   Link #76
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlucless
I just liked her character straight off the bat more than any of the others, except maybe Atsuko.
and her lovable character is also emphasized by the effect left by the previous character IMO ;D
even had the suspicion that she's the writer's favourite type of girl.

episode 8, a bit hard to connect to the tracker, local problem perhaps -_-

Last edited by sparrow; 2004-03-19 at 04:31.
Old 2004-03-21, 13:43   Link #77
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

I've just seen ep8 *takes me en eternity to download T_T*

Spoiler:

I also had some sync problem T_T...
Old 2004-03-21, 23:25   Link #78
wraith985

Send a message via AIM to wraith985
Rant warning.

With all due respect, if you guys would leave your torrents open maybe the episodes wouldn't download so slow. I have seeded every DDD episode, 1-8, on an edu connection that regularly hits 800kBps upload. Froth-Bite distro is small, but we do our best to keep torrents downloading fast after release for a day or three. After a few days on any given episode, though, we have to rely on you guys to keep it seeded because there's usually something new we have to switch our attention to. If you need a reseed, come to #Froth-Bite on rizon and request one - I'm sure one of the distro will be glad to help you out. But we'd greatly appreciate it if you guys would help us out a bit.

As for DDD9, it's coming soon, and it's a good one. We have been slowed down recently because of college finals/midterms and spring breaks - please understand that we all have lives (and, for most of us, grades) to take care of. I did some work on 9 last night, and it's now in its final stages. Look forward to more DDD, Maico, GX, and a couple new series soon, and thanks for supporting F-B.

Edit 2: Just following up; we're testing clients other than default, Shadow's, ABC, Eike, and Torrentstorm to see if that may be the issue. Bear with us. I've also been monitoring the DDD torrent a little bit since I posted and there have been a couple of people who have gotten to 100% and within 10 seconds of reaching completion dropped out. That's the problem...help us out a little, guys!

Last edited by wraith985; 2004-03-21 at 23:59. Reason: Overly angry parts of rant removed.
Old 2004-03-29, 09:47   Link #79
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

The Shouko arc is another very nice story for me. I have to say I love this series more and more. surely stories are quite "idealized", but at the same time it's very mature and really have a life-like feel to it. It proves that you don't need overly dramatic or tragic stories, this series has a certain "warmth" to it which feels great!
Old 2004-03-29, 19:28   Link #80
CelestiaLegends

Quote:
The Shouko arc is another very nice story for me. I have to say I love this series more and more. surely stories are quite "idealized", but at the same time it's very mature and really have a life-like feel to it. It proves that you don't need overly dramatic or tragic stories, this series has a certain "warmth" to it which feels great!
I aggree! I'm loving the series more and more as it goes, I just saw ep 9:

Spoiler:
Closed Thread