AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-24, 22:07   Link #101
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
Maybe Marianne will be the main villian in the end, but I can't see C.C betraying Lelouch... they're repeated the whole C.C saying to Lelouch "I'll stay with you forever" too much. Besides, why would C.C want Lelouch to live if all he's going to be is an obstacle later on?
Lelouch has to live until a certain moment or event where he has to fulfill his contract. The contract really has nothing to do with a rebellion. CC is intrigued by it, but it's not necessary for her contract.

For all we know, the contract might involve Lelouch's death later on and CC needs to keep him alive until then.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:08   Link #102
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
I wonder what Anya, has to do with Marianne, Lelouch, and Nunnally. Now that she's at school with him. I also dont think that she knows that he is Zero, So if she ever shows him pictures of his kid self and such, how is Lulu going to deny that? Because she seems to know him >_>;
I'm curious if he remembers her actually since this is the first time I think he has interacted with her. If he doesn't despite those pics then something is definitely up. Or Charles did something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
Maybe Marianne will be the main villian in the end, but I can't see C.C betraying Lelouch... they're repeated the whole C.C saying to Lelouch "I'll stay with you forever" too much. Besides, why would C.C want Lelouch to live if all he's going to be is an obstacle later on?
She doesn't have to like doing it. And the use of that line sort of begs for it to be proven wrong by her betraying him in the end. It could be because he didn't act like she and Marianne wanted in the end.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 22:08   Link #103
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Maybe Lelouch has to go up against these Gods, Marianne, and C.C. in the end even.
Okay - you can believe whatever bullcrap you wanna, but I'm gonna ask you to stop ramming those same, repetitive presumptions of yours down our throats over and over and over....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura View Post
Also wanted to say in my last post that Shirley probably would be extremely irate that Suzaku sold out not just Lelouch, but Milly, Rivils, included. <_< He sold them out too.
I think I mentioned this in the older thread, that one plot element we might see later might involve Shirley, Milly or Rivalz finding out Suzaku allowed Charles to tamper with their memories...looks like I'm vindicated, or that the staff thought out this same scenario...should be interesting.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:10   Link #104
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
Okay - you can believe whatever bullcrap you wanna, but I'm gonna ask you to stop ramming those same, repetitive presumptions of yours down our throats over and over and over....
Um, what are you talking about? I've brought this idea up a few times before I know, but that doesn't warrent you attacking me. It's an actual scenario that is possible so don't attack me for it. You mind telling me what makes it bullcrap as you say?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 22:11   Link #105
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think you're forgetting that now Shirley, Millay, Rivalz, and to some extent Nina and Suzaku are part of his reason for fighting against Britannia. Remember, it was those three who solidified Lelouch's decision to continue his battle as Zero. If he were to lose their support, then what's the point of continuing to fight? Ashford isn't useless, it still has a role to play.
Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to show them often.

In fact, most stories, the protagonist's friends that are not "journeying" with the protagonist are usually only shown in the beginning and the end.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:14   Link #106
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Unless, of course, they are not merely there as friends.....
Old 2008-06-24, 22:14   Link #107
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
What could they possibly do though?

Old 2008-06-24, 22:14   Link #108
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Um, what are you talking about? I've brought this idea up a few times before I know, but that doesn't warrent you attacking me. It's an actual scenario that is possible so don't attack me for it. You mind telling me what makes it bullcrap as you say?
Okay, so maybe I was harsh and for that I apologize...but I think the substance of my point remains. Okay - so we know CC and Marianne have probably interacted and even now, somehow, CC is "conversing" with Marianne. And there have been no real indications CC or Marianne is an evil villain much less the final boss yet you're determined on this point and more so in trying to convince us through sheer repetitive habits. We know we'll learn more info about Marianne as R2 progresses, so why now assume that Marianne will be bad honcho numero uno?
Old 2008-06-24, 22:15   Link #109
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Maybe.

Do you foresee Millay, Shirley, or Rivalz joining the OotBK or the Britannia forces anytime?

I mean, actually able to do something themselves and not be just bait or something.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:18   Link #110
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Maybe.

Do you foresee Millay, Shirley, or Rivalz joining the OotBK or the Britannia forces anytime?

I mean, actually able to do something themselves and not be just bait or something.
Well, as it is, Shirley's already proven to be useful (the whole call thing) so she may be able to fill the role of an advisor to Zero. Granted, that may not happen if whatever incoming revelation strains/destroys their friendship.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:20   Link #111
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Okay, so maybe I was harsh and for that I apologize...but I think the substance of my point remains. Okay - so we know CC and Marianne have probably interacted and even now, somehow, CC is "conversing" with Marianne. And there have been no real indications CC or Marianne is an evil villain much less the final boss yet you're determined on this point and more so in trying to convince us through sheer repetitive habits. We know we'll learn more info about Marianne as R2 progresses, so why now assume that Marianne will be bad honcho numero uno?
I'm not determined on the idea at all honestly and don't want it to happen. I'm just presenting a possible scenario since it wouldn't be that surprising to see. I sometimes think that Marianne's image as a loving mother and great person was going to be shot down somehow and with her agenda with C.C. this seems possible. The fact she called off the guards and thus implying she knew of the attack is very odd and suspicious.

I'm not saying it will happen, but that it could happen in the end. We don't know what C.C. or Marianne's goals are so they could easily be something that perhaps Lelouch does not agree with. It doesn't need to be evil since that is something of a non-existing word in this series with all the gray we have.

Enough of C.C. has been presented that I would find it rather surprising for her to turn on Lelouch when points do indicate that she does care for him to some degree. Along with this is how the staff noted that she wouldn't abandon Lelouch after episode 15. Sometimes though, feelings need to be surpressed for something bigger.

Old 2008-06-24, 22:21   Link #112
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I sure hope that the producers won't use Rivalz as some Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass. We know zero about who his father is.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:22   Link #113
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't think they'll pull anything much with Rivalz. I think what you see with him is what you get. He could always do something brave I guess.

Old 2008-06-24, 22:23   Link #114
yamibakura

Quote:
Maybe, but she might not think about it in wake of learning about Lelouch.
Yeah I suppose. I don't think it'll happen all at once. Not through the course of 1 episode or 1 scene by itself. Maybe through 12 and especially 13. I wonder what she's going to call out Suzaku about though.

Quote:
Back from the dead. I don't know about you, but bringing Marianne back seems a little distasteful to me.
I can see it happening. It would be another great test of Lelouch's will and resolve.

Anyways things look like they'll be picking up. 12 won't be as useless as many thought. Still its amazing how they can put so much into each episode.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:25   Link #115
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura View Post
Yeah I suppose. I don't think it'll happen all at once. Not through the course of 1 episode or 1 scene by itself. Maybe through 12 and especially 13. I wonder what she's going to call out Suzaku about though.
She's calling him for help probably. Either because of Jeremiah or because she has all these memories and Suzaku is the only one she thinks she can turn to.

Old 2008-06-24, 22:27   Link #116
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, as it is, Shirley's already proven to be useful (the whole call thing) so she may be able to fill the role of an advisor to Zero. Granted, that may not happen if whatever incoming revelation strains/destroys their friendship.
Ok, if that scenario does happen, does that justify the setting being brought back to Ashford over and over?

I know the show is trying to keep it's school life flavor, but I just feel that it is not conforming well with the epic nature that CG tries to aspire to.

I feel that Code Geass is just trying to do too much: too many subplots, too many characters, and too many themes that is making the show convoluted. It's doing fine as is, but I feel that the show could be much more better if it shed some of the "not as necessary" stuff, or at least lighten the screen time on those.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:28   Link #117
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

As long as the producers don't run clip shows, there is plenty of room for the sub-plots.

Outside of the TV series, however, some of the novels had already run into canon issues, which is kinda sad really.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:31   Link #118
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I doubt they'll do clipshows. I hate them so much. At least the ones in season 1 weren't actual episodes.

Old 2008-06-24, 22:36   Link #119
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
As long as it isn't an illogical one, I see no problem with it.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:37   Link #120
NoLongerSane

That's right. I don't remember Code Geass ever having an episode dedicated to clips.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories