Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-21, 21:29   Link #61
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
As I am sure you know, I am part of the "When", not "If" crowd...
I'm leaning towards both crowds really, like "when" is this war going to kick-off? Or what "if" Oda has forgotten about the war? I'm not gonna even talk about character match-ups when characters are no where in the vicinity to even have a battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Just read the chapter. Is it weird for me to say that Iva was not too bad looking as a woman?
It most definitely is.
Old 2009-05-21, 21:32   Link #62
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Nah, it is almost pre-destined that Magellan is going to fight Luffy...

That being said, I do wonder about a Blackbeard v. Magellan fight...Blackbeard would probably win, but I could see Magellan really pushing him, if for no other reason that Magellan's poison attacks are extraordinarily powerful.
actually I see a easy win for blackbeard.

open a black hole to suck up all the poison. touch magellan and punch him. end of fight

actually since he can suck people into his black hole, technically unless there is a resistance to that or some one can burst out of the thing with pure power, he wins against any one
Old 2009-05-21, 21:38   Link #63
AceD
See You En' Tee

BB just wants the balance of power in the world to crumble, he surely wants Luffy to go save Ace since it causes grief for everyone involved there
Old 2009-05-21, 21:57   Link #64
james0246

Jesus, what happened to the proportions for the characters on page 16/17. The Blackbeard crew looked to all be the size of giants...But then on pages 18-19, Blackbeard is only twice Luffy's size...
Old 2009-05-21, 22:05   Link #65
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Hey Hey, lets not nitpick....Authors aren't going to always stay consistent with characters true size.^^
Old 2009-05-21, 23:41   Link #66
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Jesus, what happened to the proportions for the characters on page 16/17. The Blackbeard crew looked to all be the size of giants...But then on pages 18-19, Blackbeard is only twice Luffy's size...
No, Blackbeard and his crew have always been pretty big, but not giant. Moria and Kuma are giant and Dorry and Brogy are the true giants.
Old 2009-05-22, 00:17   Link #67
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Investment? By that, you probably mean Blackbeard right? Well, I hate to break this to you, but I expect Sengoku or Garp to defeat Whitebeard (probably in a tag-team with potentially a few others, but I do expect Sengoku or Garp to give the "final blow", so to say), not Blackbeard. In fact, I never once expected Blackbeard to even try and fight Whitebeard head on, rather I had speculated that Blackbeard might attack him from the shadows, tripping up Whitebeard at a critical moment, and letting Sengoku or Garp "kill" him. But, even then, I would be more than content for Blackbeard to simply sit out this war (unlike Blackbeard D. Kuma and a few others).
Did ya now? must of had you mistaken for some other guy since there where a lot of them.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-22 at 02:11.
Old 2009-05-22, 00:26   Link #68
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
So Hannybal thinks he's Gandalf all of a sudden huh?

Still, he probably impressed me the most this chapter, the man just wouldn't die. And then that speech... surprised the hell out of me, I honestly didn't think he had the kind of character for something like that. This fan offers the Vice-Chief a round of applause...

And an even louder one for Blackbeard's "Beat the Dog" moment, threw the poor bastard's words aside like day-old refuse...

I'm getting an idea of why Teach showed up in Impel Down now, especially after that particular display. The entire purpose of this place opposes his own view, so many dreamers left to rot and more and more sent in every day.

He's gonna sink the place, plain and simple.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2009-05-22, 00:47   Link #69
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
So Hannybal thinks he's Gandalf all of a sudden huh?

Still, he probably impressed me the most this chapter, the man just wouldn't die. And then that speech... surprised the hell out of me, I honestly didn't think he had the kind of character for something like that. This fan offers the Vice-Chief a round of applause...
Gained some points from me too. He genuinely thinks he's doing a good thing and is on the side of justice.
Old 2009-05-22, 01:15   Link #70
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Did ya now?
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here (as usual you provide too brief, overly simplistic responses that never offer up any real definable opinion). I have consistently speculated that Sengoku or Garp would be the ones to defeat Whitebeard, even going so far as to say that Blackbeard does not deserve to defeat Whitebeard (instead only an "old timer" like Whitebeard had the "right" to defeat Whitebeard).
Old 2009-05-22, 01:16   Link #71
Master Mold
Banned

Ok, if the old man goes out like that, the next gen ain't surpass nothing.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-22 at 02:13.
Old 2009-05-22, 01:25   Link #72
james0246

Naruto is more about the new generation surpassing the older, but, that being said, I see your point. Let DoFlamingo take down Whitebeard then .

That being said, concerning this actual chapter, I am still interested in whether or not the supposed Gaol bullets can actually hurt a DF user. Each time someone that uses a gaol bullet is about to be introduced, the circumstances change, and they are either defeated (as seen here), or are only mentioned.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-05-22 at 02:16.
Old 2009-05-22, 03:39   Link #73
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
And thats' the point, Luffy is letting loose scum. Most of the no-named prisoners released were scum. His selfish actions have conasequences as well, that's not scewing Hannybal's words but that's basically his point.^^^
Yup. It's very selfish indeed. Which is kind of expected since, you know, he's a bloody pirate. Not some hero trying to save the world, a pirate. Sure, Luffy may be a pirate that does more good than bad, but that does not change that he is a law-breaking thieving pirate. And Luffy knows that.
Old 2009-05-22, 03:51   Link #74
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Not many people go back to committing crimes after being locked up in a hellish prison with a life sentence...but anyhow, they're just releasing the prisoners to cause a riot and escape ID, it's not out of benevolence or anything like that. Well,just because they're out of the cages doesn't mean they're free anyway, Shiryuu could be up at the entrance expecting to kill them all (so BB would have used Shiryuu's bloodlust as an excuse to pass by).
Iva is definitely one of the weirdest characters in OP, if not for the ridiculous image thread I would have wanted to see him inject BB...aaanyway, back to Luffy He did say that Ace's life is important to him, and it's definitely more important than revenge so I don't think he'll try to fight. Maybe he'll let out a little speech about his dreams and just keep walking without stalling the rescue any longer, but I'd like Crocodile to stay there, fight and be imprisoned after he disables some of the bad guys...he's a bad guy too after all
Old 2009-05-22, 04:07   Link #75
Prestige

There seems to be alot of sceptisism against One Piece in these forums...

I for one, enjoyed content of this chapter continuing great quality of Impel Down arc and it appears that 'build-up' is over and epic battles are about to take place...well cant say previous chapters have lacked action but Blackbeard vs Luffy is one of highly anticipated battles in One Piece and we are about to see it. Also Blackbeards crew and Luffys team will probly not sit idle on this one

I am intrested to see what happened between Blackbeard and Shiriyuu but I have faith in Oda and I believe he will reveal outcome of that encounter and its results to us soon enough.

Concerning about Luffy releasing all those prisoners I think HELL YEAH! Luffy is really concerned about saving Ace but everything he has witnessed from World Goverment atrocitys and how Luffy has declared WAR against World goverment and seeing first hand of the horrors of Impel Down and sadistic torture of prisoners executed but guards at their leisure I think NO ONE deserves such fate.

World Goverment and Marines have their hands busy with Whitebeard and Revolutionaries and now when entire legion of tortured and indiscrimated prisoners of Impel Down is about to set loose this will mean BAD NEWS to World Goverment... what is all good in my books.

I really despite this World Goverment organisation and seeing it being corrupted to the core I am truely waiting to see it crushed to oblivion...

Great Chapter overall! Oda never lets me down unlike Naruto/Bleach series who both arent anymore in my top10 followed mangas.
Old 2009-05-22, 04:22   Link #76
Masj
saiko denwa o narimashita

I'm kind of sad if they are going to present the other strawhats fate as short stories.
I would love to hear much more about the bridge there Robin was placed or about the Island of the genius. Maybe Sanji and Choppers stories could fit fine into the smaller format.

I do really hope that Oda gives the rest of the crew some screen time cause It's been quite long since we saw anything from them at all!
Old 2009-05-22, 05:56   Link #77
Vree

Damn, now I want Hannyabal to join the crew.

Even if I know it is impossible...

But admit it, he deserves a chance to become stronger for his dream too after that display.

That was a great hero is intoroduced to villain the 1st time scene at the end, too. Well worth the build-up to it. I much more prefer this kind of take on a Big Bad than "mad pure-evil overlord that comes from out of nowhere".

Sanji's story...I kinda wish that Ivankov was saved for that sidestory and some more serious revolutionary for Impel Down. Makes me wonder if Oda didn't circulate some designs around before deciding which to use for which arc.
Old 2009-05-22, 06:12   Link #78
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Concerning about Luffy releasing all those prisoners I think HELL YEAH! Luffy is really concerned about saving Ace but everything he has witnessed from World Goverment atrocitys and how Luffy has declared WAR against World goverment and seeing first hand of the horrors of Impel Down and sadistic torture of prisoners executed but guards at their leisure I think NO ONE deserves such fate.
ID is not the only prison in the world, only the worst goes there (+ those the WG deem dangerous). Therefore among the innocents there are a huge amount of unrepentant psychos in there. They are the ones Hannybal is truly worried about.

And regarding Croc I suddenly have this idea on why Ivan controls him, dunno if it was mentioned before:
Croc was originally a woman and Ivan turned him into a man. Either Croc doesn't want that secret out or Ivan is capable of turning him back remotely.
Old 2009-05-22, 06:50   Link #79
Prestige

Seriosly if Croc would be turned to woman what makes you think he/she would be any weaker? If you have logia fruit or surpassed normal physical limits things like gender dont mean anything.

Also Franky was about to be sentenced to Impel Down with only charge that he was preventing WG obtaining Pluton blueprints. Sure there is some horrible people in Impel Down but I bet there is pretty innocent people there too who WG thought them being threat...or perhaps they didnt please Tenryuubito enough or other silly reasons.

But cant await next chapter
Old 2009-05-22, 07:43   Link #80
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Seriosly if Croc would be turned to woman what makes you think he/she would be any weaker? If you have logia fruit or surpassed normal physical limits things like gender dont mean anything.

Also Franky was about to be sentenced to Impel Down with only charge that he was preventing WG obtaining Pluton blueprints. Sure there is some horrible people in Impel Down but I bet there is pretty innocent people there too who WG thought them being threat...or perhaps they didnt please Tenryuubito enough or other silly reasons.

But cant await next chapter
Didn't say he would be weaker maybe he just doesn't want to be a woman. Or he feels embarrassed.
Closed Thread