Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-07-29, 04:35   Link #141
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I like you. *is a big Ed x Winry fan*

Chapter 36 had a good moment. It was really sweet, but sad. I think the whole rush valley arc, along with some of the parts before it had tons of EdWin moments. Starting with when Winry comes to fix Ed's automail while he's in the hospital. I forget which chapter that was, but I can find out for you. 37 had a small moment too, but it was more of a winry being concerned about the both of them. still a really cute scene though. she's so sweet when she wants to be. ^^
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 10:11   Link #142
Arashidono

Arigatou!!!

Thanks a lot! Yes, I love that couple.
If you remember anyone else, better P

Chiao
Arashidono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 19:48   Link #143
rorosama

To anyone whose read or seen any of chapter 38, can anyone give us a short summary of what happened? Anything would do as i'm dying to know just what the hell happens. Thanks in advance for any replys.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 20:35   Link #144
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

AFAIK, it's not out til the 12th of this month.
Rattus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 21:32   Link #145
hubrisnxs
MEAT~!1

Send a message via ICQ to hubrisnxs Send a message via AIM to hubrisnxs
Yeah, it's not out until later this month, probably the 12th.

Blasted month wait between chapters ;o
hubrisnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 23:56   Link #146
rorosama

Ooops, didn't know it was a monthly manga. I thought manga, especially popular ones like fma came out weekly or bi-weekly. Or is it the magazine that it's published in which comes out monthly. Well thanks anyway.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 00:29   Link #147
hubrisnxs
MEAT~!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
Ooops, didn't know it was a monthly manga. I thought manga, especially popular ones like fma came out weekly or bi-weekly. Or is it the magazine that it's published in which comes out monthly. Well thanks anyway.
Most other popular manga's are in the Jump magazine (weekly), like One Piece/Naruto/Etc. One of the perks (I guess) of it being in Gangan is that each chapter is about 40 pages, while weekly ones are only 18-20. Still, after the end of 37 it's hard to wait so long
Old 2004-08-02, 00:33   Link #148
Rhys
Interweb crawler

I just found the scanlation links up to chapter 37.. sweet. Now I don't have to wait for Evil-Genius.

But it's awfully different from the anime (I'm not following the anime, just watching a few sporadic episodes)... does anyone know at what point the story diverges? Or is there any sites with manga/anime difference list?

Chapter 37 is a nasty cliffhanger... especially since I've grown into a somewhat RoyxHawkeye shipper -_-; I just hope that
Spoiler:
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 09:44   Link #149
hubrisnxs
MEAT~!1

The anime really seemed to "break off" around the 5th lab/Hughes death part, and then it REALLY changed during Izumi's little arc. But the anime has always been a little different, adding characters, showing things out of order etc... Hope that explains it a bit, I doubt there's a site with all the differences since there are too many
Old 2004-08-07, 04:09   Link #150
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
sorry to ask this, Im not sure if FMA is licend manga or not, but are you guys geting these translated or are you just reading the jap( or chinnese translations) versions. if not is there an irc channel or a webpage I coudl get them off, ive bin searchin for em but had not luck.....again sorry if this should not of bin asked.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 08:03   Link #151
hubrisnxs
MEAT~!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
sorry to ask this, Im not sure if FMA is licend manga or not, but are you guys geting these translated or are you just reading the jap( or chinnese translations) versions. if not is there an irc channel or a webpage I coudl get them off, ive bin searchin for em but had not luck.....again sorry if this should not of bin asked.
Not licensed, we're getting translations of the most recent chapters from Yebyosh
Old 2004-08-09, 06:58   Link #152
Ryodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubrisnxs
Not licensed, we're getting translations of the most recent chapters from Yebyosh
i suppose the most recent chapter is 37? and where are you getting the chapters off from yebyosh? does he have a site? thx
Ryodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 21:33   Link #153
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

lol, Sonchou get the "it-didn't-seem-bad-when-we-translated-it" award for 14:04 -

Spoiler:
Rattus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 21:36   Link #154
hubrisnxs
MEAT~!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryodan
i suppose the most recent chapter is 37? and where are you getting the chapters off from yebyosh? does he have a site? thx
www.anime-source.com, should be able to find the fma manga on the left panel.
Old 2004-08-11, 01:11   Link #155
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

I just got Gangan September Edition. I was mistaken about something, namely that it is not a Chibi-Roy Mustang figurine that was given free, it is a Chibi-Alphonse Elric .

Now onto Chapter 38, let me say that it was an exciting, surprising and funny ride with a horrifying twist at the end.

Vague spoilers, I'm not going to go into details but some things would be revealed (of course the more exciting ones would be kept secret)

Spoiler for Chapter 38:

This chapter is intense!
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 06:41   Link #156
annechan

Send a message via MSN to annechan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
I'm not going to go into details but some things would be revealed (of course the more exciting ones would be kept secret)

This chapter is intense!
OMG Yes you are going to give us details ! please *__* What about Riza what about her !! we need to know
annechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 06:52   Link #157
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by annechan
OMG Yes you are going to give us details ! please *__* What about Riza what about her !! we need to know
Nope, I already gave too much away A word of warning: the change of pace and momentum for this chapter is quite enormous. It really threw a curveball.

Now time to start reading and translate. Wonder when I can get my hands on the raws No scanner means I can't scan my Gangan
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 06:53   Link #158
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by annechan
Let's just hope that someone *Hint* translates it. So that we can enjoy all the intensity with pictures and everything. But it sounds like quite an interesting chapter.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 08:25   Link #159
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Really wanna see chapter 38 waaah just imagine what pwnage episode it will be, probably gonna end with Hawkeye dieing

No person can work alone with a manga
That's why Yebyosh.... hurry up and get a scanner
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 09:11   Link #160
annechan

Send a message via MSN to annechan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Nope, I already gave too much away
You are EBIL ^___^ can't wait to read your translation through.

You're my savior, so I'm going to sacrifice child or/and virgin blond to honor you and try to be patient.
annechan is offline   Reply With Quote